Rise of the midcore mobile game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fletchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fletchy
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

Whilst at E3 this June I tried out a MOBA for mobile that genuinely worked, and I'm not talking just for tablet, but for phones too. The way the controls were done meant screen size wasn't an issue. The game still wasn't out at the time, but I've been following it on Facebook since. It's called Ace of Arenas if you want to check it out.
It leads me to something I've been wondering about for a while: Is there going to be a rise in the world of mid-core and hardcore games that are truly compatible with mobiles? Touch screens bring about entirely new methods of gameplay that have so much potential - I'm psyched to see what the next couple of years bring in terms of this kind of stuff.
Anybody think mobile mid/hardcore games are going to blow up?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@fletchy: nope I tried to play agario on phone the controls are complete crap to a mouse

Mouse controller games like minecraft / agario / LoL will enver EVER work on mobile its totally gimped experience and ruins the entire fun factor

PC is the master race due to the mouse your never gonna get hardcore gamers on board ever!! As long as i can float around on screen with a mouse its just the dominant experience for all time and even kids know the mouse is best for minecraft and can't STAND it on mobile an i agree with kids they are the future an they agree with ME!

i don't think the mouse will ever go away its just lovely to move my mouse and my ball moves side to side

try to play mobile agario and look how gimp it is to move around and you gotta put ur finger in weird spots its awful

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@ProtossX: You must have not have heard of vainglory and the extensive competitive scene it produced.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Ever since Metal was introduced to iOS, console quality graphics have really been taking off. Lots of titles sporting Xbox 360 quality stuff. Very awesome seeing that capability in a pocket sized device.

If you like MOBA's, check out Vainglory and Fates Forever. Really stellar gameplay, quicker to inout commands and buy items using your fingers.

I've been a hardcore gamer since the NES era, and the one common attitude I've seen naysayers to everything from the first Gameboy, the first xbox and even the Wii, is that there is a demographic that is very unwelcoming of change.

Six years ago when I said the iPhone is set up to be bigger than the DS and PSP, a lot of people laughed and mocked the notion. It's fear of change, and a relentless animosity of disruption of the status quo. A few years later, more people are gaming on iOS and Android than the DS and PSP combined, and developers started paying much much much more attention to those markets.