My ex-husband uses my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to spy on me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Rinbowclub
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I know this post might sound moot as I have divorced this guy for recently. However, I still have a few odd questions that trouble me. Perhaps I'd better begin from the beginning. My ex bought an Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for me as a Christmas gift about three years ago and paid the bill for it every month. When he gave it to me, it had already been unwrapped, and my ex said he had to do so, thus they (Samsung) could activate it. I believed what he said.

Repeatedly, creepy things happened. When I first left my ex husband, I moved into a woman's shelter. Due to personal safety concerns, I did everything trying to conceal my location from him. However, several days later, my ex drove to this woman's shelter and tried to come in. Could he have somehow used my mobile phone to track my whereabouts? Is it true people can use your GPS information like this?

There is another creepy thing I have to mention. During our initial separation period, my dog got sick and I have to pick up medication for him from our vet. On the day the prescription was ready for pick up, my vet told me my ex had already come by in the morning and picked up the medication. Is it possible that my ex used my cell phone to monitor my calls or emails? I just don't understand how else on earth he could have known about any of this.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Not sure if serious...but anyways.

When you moved out, its easy to guess where you are, 1st family, 2nd friends, 3rd a shelter, its easy to figure out.

The vet told him your dog was sick or he got notified of the "then family dog"

TuuPumpChump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TuuPumpChump
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

I would check your apps for any sort of recovery application. If you are on the same phone plan together, I would get my own plan without him. Some company's have tracking services...aka, for parents and there children

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Most likely, phones these days have ways of tracking a phone down if it's lost or stolen. In which case get you're own phone plan, he can't track what's not on his phone plan and tell the vet it's your dog not his and he is not authorized to pick up your dog or it's meds

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rinbowclub

@tuupumpchump: @GTR12: Yeah, I have heard of it and I searched on the Internet found monitoring software like iKeyMonitor, free keylogger all have the function of monitoring. Is it possible he use it to spy on me?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Celsius765

Like the person above said get a new phone, new e-mail, and maybe even go with a different cell phone carrier

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@rinbowclub: tracking/hacking someone's cell phone is the easiest thing to do, especially on android phones.

1. When you got the phone and it was already opened he most likely used his info for all of the setup information so it's most likely tied to his Google account which makes it super easy for him to track your phone. If it's tied to his Google account or he knows your Google account info he can push any app he wants to your phone so it would be easy for him to push a tracking app to your phone. Not only that if he used his Google account to set the phone up he gets pretty much every email notification you get.

2. If you have a contract phone all of the major companies like Sprint, Verizon, and Att have family locator apps that make it easy for the account holder to track any phone on their contract. If you are on Att or Tmobile this is an easy fix as you can just go and buy another sim card for $20 and go prepaid, if you are on Sprint or Verizon it's a little bit harder.

3. Last case scenario he is stalking you

If you can't get a new phone at least factory reset your phone then make a new Google account and try to keep your gps off. Also you might get more help here http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rinbowclub

@slimdogmilionar: Thank you so much. Does this work? Is it possible that he used some monitoring software to spy me? I will think about your advice.

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rinbowclub

@Celsius765: Changing a phone will wpend a lot, but I will change a SIM card and see what it goes.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Celsius765

@rinbowclub: not necessarily if it's all backed up to gmail or a new gmail account if you're trying to change everything as much as you're able

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@rinbowclub: Yes it's possible but if you are on a contract and he is the primary he pretty much can do whatever he wants. Like I said all of the major phone companies like Att, Verizon, etc have family locator apps, all he has to do is sign up for the service and he has access to your every move. I have my 12 year old daughters phone set so I can get all of her messages, anytime she downloads an app I get an email alert, and I can find out where she is at anytime and I did all of that without going thru ATT and paying for their app.

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rinbowclub

It both has advantages and disadvantages. Guys should use it on proper way. I was so freaked out.

GingleKick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GingleKick
Member since 2014 • 24 Posts

@rinbowclub: Yeah, I think it is possible. Maybe he used some monitoring software. That's terrible.You should be watchful.

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rinbowclub

@zarapink: How creepy he is. I hate him.

Rinbowclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rinbowclub

@slimdogmilionar: @zarapink: Thank you so much. I have to admit the technology has devoloped so fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@rinbowclub:

If I was you, I would backup photos and videos to something like Google Drive or DropBox, and then just completly reset and wipe the phone clean and then just reinstall your core applications after, after that you should have no worry one bit

Download Google Drive, make a account if you don't have one, and backup all your photos and videos up on there.

factory reset your phone I am telling you, do this, and then there is absolutely nothing to worry about

If you are under his contract plan and under his name with your line, then unfortunetly there isnt much you can do to see your texts and calls because he is the Account Master but he cant track your location though if you take off any possible software/appllication on your phone ,

lucyli2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lucyli2000
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

what does anyone know about MobiiSpy ?

I recently started having problems with my computer, flashing of the screen when logging on and then I ran spybot and low and behold there was MobiiSpy

and a hot key system for copying files.... I was pissed. I wrote spectorsoft and they took the position they had a right to have downloaded the software on my computer. Yet they do not own the rights to my computer I do and all information is confidential. I contacted my attorney, a senator and they finally disabled the software from their end but refused to help me totally remove their

crappy software. It uses the hot keys Control-Alt-Shift-S to start the program. Beware of this totally unethical and irresponsible company.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Sorry, I'm going to have to lock this. The thread is a little OT for this board but now we're getting into surveillance software that is illegal in many instances.