Ire -- Bite-sized Dark Souls for Mobile

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I'll set the stage for you -- Ire: Blood Memory

Take a peek at those images, they're an accurate representation of what you'll get on your device (assuming it has the horsepower to fully appreciate it).

Ire is kind of like a bite-sized version of Dark Souls. You can clearly see how much the game flatters one of the most polarizing big-name games to date, with the character design and combat. The interface is a little on the convoluted side, but it works well in-game. There's dodging, vertical and horizontal attacks, blocking, special attacks, and a few other mechanics that make it feel very similar to games we're all used to at this point.

Each stage will take no longer than 5 minutes, and there are a LOT of stages, tiny snippets of Dark Souls-like combat that you can replay to farm materials for crafting weapons and armor (lots of it, too) and to increase your score (for experience and achievements).

There are also daily quests and other ways to get in-game currency without spending real money.

Anyways, it won't blow you away, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how good the game really is. It looks and plays fantastically on my iPhone 6.

Anyone else given this a shot yet? It's free.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Looks uninteresting and uninspired

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man: But why?!? You don't trust me? They didn't pay me to make the thread, you know. :P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:

@FireEmblem_Man: But why?!? You don't trust me? They didn't pay me to make the thread, you know. :P

It looks like a type of game you would want to play on a console, not a mobile phone. Also, welcome back from your vacation, you missed a lot from here

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

It looks like a type of game you would want to play on a console, not a mobile phone. Also, welcome back from your vacation, you missed a lot from here

Seems that I did indeed! And your statement about it looking like a console game is correct, it looks fantastic. It's definitely optimized for mobile (each stage takes only a minute or two) and there's plenty of good grinding. ;)

It's fun!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Seems that I did indeed! And your statement about it looking like a console game is correct, it looks fantastic. It's definitely optimized for mobile (each stage takes only a minute or two) and there's plenty of good grinding. ;)

It's fun!

Eh, You'll need a control for those type of games... Plus is it available on Windows Store?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

It's fun!

Eh, You'll need a control for those type of games... Plus is it available on Windows Store?

Why don't you check your Windows phone? ;)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FireEmblem_Man

@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

It's fun!

Why don't you check your Windows phone? ;)

I'm too lazy... You do it....

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I'm too lazy... You do it....

The only Windows we have in our home is the Win8.1 install I keep on my iMac to play some PC games. Rarely do we venture into such user-unfriendly waters.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Nope, just iOS and Android.

While it's quite obvious that Windows 10 goes unrivaled for tablets/2-in-1's/laptops/desktops/etc., Windows Phone 10 is still severely lacking in terms of hardware and ecosystem. Unless Microsoft can move to x86 for mobile devices, ARM hardware is going to continue to deny the ability for their mobile phones to tap into the current Windows 10 ecosystem.

In 2016, Intel's next generation Atom, Broxton, will be launching. This SoC uses a four Goldmont CPU cores and a 9th generation GPU (20 EU's?) on a 14 nm process. Ideally, this will allow Microsoft to try and make use of their x86 ecosystem inside of their mobile phones. This would be quite useful when combined with features such as Continuum.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 musicalmac  Moderator

@NVIDIATI said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Nope, just iOS and Android.

While it's quite obvious that Windows 10 goes unrivaled for tablets/2-in-1's/laptops/desktops/etc., Windows Phone 10 is still severely lacking in terms of hardware and ecosystem. Unless Microsoft can move to x86 for mobile devices, ARM hardware is going to continue to deny the ability for their mobile phones to tap into the current Windows 10 ecosystem.

In 2016, Intel's next generation Atom, Broxton, will be launching. This SoC uses a four Goldmont CPU cores and a 9th generation GPU (20 EU's?) on a 14 nm process. Ideally, this will allow Microsoft to try and make use of their x86 ecosystem inside of their mobile phones. This would be quite useful when combined with features such as Continuum.

This week in, "Coming soon..."

BTW, I'm still hooked on this game (for which this thread was created). It's pretty and offers plenty of thrills. I like the short missions, then again I've always liked games with shorter mission structures (I was one of the rare ones who loved Armored Core 4).

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@musicalmac said:

BTW, I'm still hooked on this game (for which this thread was created). It's pretty and offers plenty of thrills. I like the short missions, then again I've always liked games with shorter mission structures (I was one of the rare ones who loved Armored Core 4).

"Coming soon" is quite relevant as far as Microsoft is concerned. Their entire shift into the tablet market depended on Intel shrinking their x86 processors. I don't need to make threads on how great Bay Trail / Cherry Trail and Broadwell Core M have turned out. I'd much rather discuss things that are new, upcoming, or in some cases, not well known.

As for the game itself, I might give it a try in the near future, but I'm not usually attached to this particular genre.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireEmblem_Man

@NVIDIATI said:
@musicalmac said:

"Coming soon" is quite relevant as far as Microsoft is concerned. Their entire shift into the tablet market depended on Intel shrinking their x86 processors. I don't need to make threads on how great Bay Trail / Cherry Trail and Broadwell Core M have turned out. I'd much rather discuss things that are new, upcoming, or in some cases, not well known.

As for the game itself, I might give it a try in the near future, but I'm not usually attached to this particular genre.

Don't forget the new API's MS is releasing for devs to port all kinds of Apps to Windows 10