iPhone more than doubles Pixel in benchmarks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

http://bgr.com/2016/10/21/iphone-7-plus-vs-google-pixel-speed-tests/

Damn. With all that RAM packed into the Pixel you'd think they'd do better than other Android sets when pitted against the iPhone. Looks like they did worse.

Opening small apps is the only time the Pixel comes close, otherwise, 3D applications and high intensive processes is where it gets left in the dust. Would not want to do multimedia work on this slow device.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Time to stick with my iphone screw google for this crap you lose to apple i stay with apple. Plus the new iphone is waterproof you can use it in the shower or bath.

Plus the my iphone screen has really good touch controls for games my android games run worse and the touch is crappier.

PIXEL8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 PIXEL8
Member since 2016 • 203 Posts

Android will never match iOS in speed, no matter how much RAM they use.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Can anyone show me examples of cost to repair android devices I wanna see how they compare to apple. I tried googling it but not even being specific works

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mister-Man

@Celsius765: not sure how much repairs are for Android devices but with warranty, a cracked iPhone screen can be replaced for $29 and hardware damage typically runs up to $74. (From recent personal experience). Without warranty the repair costs are around $100-175.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@mister-man: I see, this the only thing I hate about Android. It's all well and good that there are affordable models but there are too many OEMs drowning out the facts making it hard to find what cost what as far as repairs go and what they're willing to do within and out of warranty.

wusunspurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wusunspurs
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts
@pixel8 said:

Android will never match iOS in speed, no matter how much RAM they use.

totally agree. Some Android have 8 cores and 8G internal storage, it is still far behind iPhone when it comes to speed.

For new Pixel users, this data transfer guide will help them completely move data from iPhone to Pixel phone in a few minutes.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

But how many bits does it have.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mister-Man

It has much bits

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I tried the pixel for a few weeks. Great phone. It would definitely be where I would go for an Android phone. That being said, it still wasn't quite as smooth or fast as my iPhone 7 Plus.

For me Apple still has the best synergy when it comes to services + hardware + software. Google has fantastic services but the software struggles as it's not optimized for the hardware for 99% of the android models. Samsung has the best hardware (feature wise) but their services are poor and the software isn't too great either (Touchwiz)

PIXEL8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 PIXEL8
Member since 2016 • 203 Posts

@applefan1991: agreed. I got a Galaxy S7, and while it is a nice phone, the Apple ecosystem is so much better. And having used both Google Play and the App Store, iOS apps blow away anything on Android. Android apps are all loaded with horrible advertisements and just don't work as we'll as their iOS counterparts.