iPhone 6 beats Galaxy S6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

A dual-core iPhone 6 with JUST 1 GB of RAM completely runs circles around Samsungs OCTO-core Galaxy S6 with 3 GB of RAM in gaming bench-tests proving yet again just how horrible of an operating system Android is.

Again. That's a Dual-Core 1GB RAM device, running laps around an Octo-Core 3GB RAM device. Android is the sloppiest resource-intensive operating system in the market right now.

I can't imagine how much more powerful an iPhone would be if it were to even just be quad-core with 2 GB of ram.

http://bgr.com/2015/04/22/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-performance-tests-gaming/

It's no wonder why even a four year old iPhone 4S still feels as fluid as most current Android phones

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

I don't normally entertain your bullshit, but I'll bite this time, if nothing more than to spare other users of your ignorance. The S6 is running the game on a 2560x1440 display (some of the games used appear to have a 30 fps cap as well). The iPhone 6 is running the game on a 1334x750 display. The S6 is pushing ~3.7x the number of pixels. Of course, the resolution of the content could also be adjusted.

The Mali GPU in Exynos 7420 is also capable of DX11 equivalent features (tessellation, geometry shaders), it will also benefit from low level API's such as Khronos group's upcoming Vulkan API (OpenGL Next Gen). These features are only coming to iOS devices with the release of Imagination's PowerVR 7XT which is coming later this year.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@NVIDIATI said:

I don't normally entertain your bullshit, but I'll bite this time, if nothing more than to spare other users of your ignorance. The S6 is running the game on a 2560x1440 display (some of the games used appear to have a 30 fps cap as well). The iPhone 6 is running the game on a 1334x750 display. The S6 is pushing ~3.7x the number of pixels. Of course, the resolution of the content could also be adjusted.

The Mali GPU in Exynos 7420 is also capable of DX11 equivalent features (tessellation, geometry shaders), it will also benefit from low level API's such as Khronos group's upcoming Vulkan API (OpenGL Next Gen). These features are only coming to iOS devices with the release of Imagination's PowerVR 7XT which is coming later this year.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt! Plus, I bet if Samsung made the Galaxy S6 on Windows Phone, the Exynos would run circles all over Apple's dual-core.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

All the key words I see here are "if." Unfortunately for you guys, "if" isn't what you've got.

A dual core phone with 2GB less ram is outperforming your precious octo-core 3GB ram with your fancy chipsets in real world application.

But you know... The galaxy S6 is "theoretically much better on paper."

All those extra useless pixels! lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@mister-man said:

All the key words I see here are "if." Unfortunately for you guys, "if" isn't what you've got.

A dual core phone with 2GB less ram is outperforming your precious octo-core 3GB ram with your fancy chipsets in real world application.

But you know... The galaxy S6 is "theoretically much better on paper."

All those extra useless pixels! lol

When you add more pixels, it does take a lot of processing power to run the screen, that's why adding more Ram is important. It's a shame for Apple to know that as the iPhone 6+ battery drains quickly as the 1080p display is bottleneck with a lack of Ram.