Ideal android phone to start with

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

So I've decided to go with android to save money and for hardware durability. Thing is I've seen my mom go through lightning cable after cable, her old phone's screen is shattered and so is the back. There was a time when the OS locked up and and the screen went white we had to look up how to get it to work again, mind you it's an old 4s. The more i look at apple stuff the more I see the crazy amount of money I'd have to spend just to get the basic stuff I need to get started.(Idk maybe if I feel like it I'll buy an ipad and that's it).I think I've gone off topic, but anyhoo I want to start with a midrange phone preferably stock android or close to it. But which ones have the best screens and sound. If not stock which ones have a nice skin I've heard bad talk about touchwiz. I think I've looked at lg g4 it was nice but not loud enough. Bear in mind I may only use the phone 6 months to a year because I want to save up for a good flagship.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

get regular models

samsung s7

the new note had battery explosion recall and nobody wants to use a stupid pen on a phone, the edge look like it could break easily cause the screens are on the sides of the phone and could scratch.

nexus 6

just a simple phone i think it gets updates quicker since its the official google phone and its just a perfect little google styled phone since I mostly use google programs its great.

I have a iphone 6+ and i will never get a big phone ever again the thing barely fits in my pocket and i just want a phone that fits in my hand better this one was just too big for me I wish I could trade this for iphone 6s i bet i would love that phone.

sethfrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sethfrost
Member since 2003 • 709 Posts

Instead of a specific brand (I don't know your service provider - you can get better deals/may have to stick to certain models, depending on your carrier), I recommend to you, that you buy a phone with the LATEST ANDROID VERSION (7.0 'Nougat').

I myself am using an Android tablet (to be able to play games) and my spec recommendation to anyone is: 2 GB SysRAM!, Quadcore and latest OS version. 'Nougat' supports VULCAN API (which allows for lightning fast 3D acceleration - see DOOM).

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I would love s phone with nougat, but uh any idea when the next nexus is coming out?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

I would love s phone with nougat, but uh any idea when the next nexus is coming out?

Nexus? What's that?

The Pixel X and XL are out on the 4th of October.

If you want a cheap flagship, get the Xiaomi Redmi Pro, heavily supported on XDA as well.