Google officially announces Android Wear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Pretty interesting news. A tad bit late but interesting nonetheless to see Google putting its weight behind wearable tech.

Link

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I read an article about how Google is playing Apple's game by focusing on design and aesthetics and not on specs and hardware. The crux of that argument doesn't work because it doesn't take into account Apple's focus on focus on features (which Google did not make clear).

If anyone manages to beat Apple in this arena (with their lock on LiquidMetal, Sapphire glass, and control of their hardware and supply chain), I'll be very surprised.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I read an article about how Google is playing Apple's game by focusing on design and aesthetics and not on specs and hardware. The crux of that argument doesn't work because it doesn't take into account Apple's focus on focus on features (which Google did not make clear).

If anyone manages to beat Apple in this arena (with their lock on LiquidMetal, Sapphire glass, and control of their hardware and supply chain), I'll be very surprised.

Motorola's Moto 360 is composed of materials that you would expect to find on a normal watch. Charging will be wireless as they wanted to have a seamless metal body. Optional leather or steel bands are also going to be available.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

The moto 360 is the only watch i would get