#1 Posted by zillaman101 (118 posts) -

I think this game is going to be good. I've seen some videos and news on the game, and it seems pretty solid. What does everyone else think?

#2 Posted by jagcivtec (86 posts) -

I think it has incredible potential to be a masterpiece, but so I thought about GTA5 so I admit I am concerned that the trend of dumbing down games gets to this game.

Hopefully not, but since witnessing what Rockstar did with GAT5 driving and other mechanics to please the casual market, I can expect anything. The fact that Kojima is focusing the fox engine as a strong point is a good sign.

Developers no longer stress how good their engine is anymore, or how great the physics are, that has passed, now it's all about graphics and cinematic pieces.

#3 Edited by Dredcrumb9 (82 posts) -

@jagcivtec: I agree, I thought GTA 5 was gonna be a masterpiece too, but the final product felt so dumbed down I could barely enjoy it. On the bright side, at least the combat in MGSV looks good and immersive; no cheap screen flashes or hit markers to let you know the target is dead(*COUGH GTA V*), just good old fashioned blood spraying out of the enemy, followed by the enemy falling to the ground and no longer moving. l hope they don't water down MGSV last minute for all the Madden/COD gamers.

#4 Edited by dentui (951 posts) -

I don't mind waiting until fall of next year for this game. Kojima should take his time because from what we have played in Ground Zeroes, it is looking hella good and has tremendous potential to be a masterpiece.

#5 Posted by Kaarsos (6 posts) -

I think it will be one of the greatest MGS of all !