do you think the open world gameplay can rival Red Dead or GTA?

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I'd love to see an open world game that can compete or best the likes of Rockstar's games.   You think this will be as good, or better?

mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts

Yes I think it can rival them but its not exactly open world like those games are. RDR and GTA put you in a sandbox and tell you to go play. MGS is more like different sandboxes. You have a mission in Afghanistan so you fly to Afghanistan and you're dropped in an "open world" (so a small portion of Afghanistan, say a military base or something) and you're told you have X and Y missions to complete and along the way there's a bunch of side stuff you can do. Then you move on to Iraq or Zimbabwe or whatever. I think MGS can compete on quality because the games have proven that much already but it wont necessarily be a direct comparison. It'll be more like RDR was awesome. MGS was awesome.

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

Im I the only one who thinks that, in spite of RDR was a great game, that open world felt totally empty? Envioronment and animlas where cool but not too much to do anyway..

(The same with LA Noire)

Bl2OOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Bl2OOM
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

O yeah. Surely is going to be better. It will surely beat Read Dead or GTA. This open world gameplay can be seen from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and then to

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Ground Zeroes is not the full complete game.