anyone still use this forum?

#1 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

just wondering if anyone still posts here. I still frequently use my legacy platforms, and it would be nice to chat about them. though it looks pretty dead here. guess everyone is into the newer gen then.

#2 Posted by lazyhoboguy (1679 posts) -

I still check this. The reason the forum is dead is because this forum is completely hidden now. It used to be on the main forum page of the site and was very active. Gamespot killed it with the site redesign by hiding it. It would be just as active again if they brought it to the forum main page again.

#3 Edited by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

I doubt it would get much activity. a lot of users left. though it would get more than it has now.

#4 Posted by gregbmil (2626 posts) -

@lazyhoboguy said:

I still check this. The reason the forum is dead is because this forum is completely hidden now. It used to be on the main forum page of the site and was very active. Gamespot killed it with the site redesign by hiding it. It would be just as active again if they brought it to the forum main page again.

I wonder why they would hide it like that. I can only get here because I put it in my favorites

#5 Edited by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

The new redesign ruined the site. They even messed the mobile version which just takes forever to load now.

#6 Edited by gregbmil (2626 posts) -

I still try to use this forum. I put it in my favorites a while ago, that is the only way I know how to find it

#7 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

I check it here and there but not much activity. :(

#8 Posted by Born_Lucky (1641 posts) -

You wonder why they hide it?

I'll tell you.

They don't want people talking about games that don't make them money anymore.

That's why.

I used to come to Gamespot on a daily basis. The site has gotten so bad, I might check once a week now, and that's about it. Not to mention the nazi moderators. There's plenty of other gaming sites on the planet.

#9 Edited by riou7 (10838 posts) -

So sad that this board died.. This was my most favourite board

#10 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Same here, i loved the Legacy discussion board as it was.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated in finding a suitable home to talk about legacy games after Gamespot shat on us last year.

VGCollect is full of swooning JRPG lovers.

Spong has only 1 gaming forum which is full of modern nonsense.

Gamefaqs separates each system into individual boards which takes away the discovery aspect.

Giantbomb is new-gen only.

Ditto Gamersbin.

Ditto IGN.

In my searches however i have discovered that Spong is a much better games database than Gamespot, the only thing it lacks is a user scoring system.

There used to be nothing like Gamespot, now there's nothing.

I'll probably settle at Gamefaqs and make an attempt to invigorate the PS2 community there.

Stop the press! I've just found this: http://www.gamesforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9&s=19b09b829c665bf228169bf0b331d08d

"Forgotten arcade classics, home computer, console and pc games from the 80s, 90s or 00s!"

All Legacy lumped-in together. Just the ticket!

#11 Edited by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

Again, I find it curious that people complain about the forum being hidden HERE, yet I haven't seen a single soul complaining or mentioning the issue in the feedback forum.

There really isn't as much user interest about it as some people believe. It's the sad truth.

#12 Posted by AcidTango (767 posts) -

@Panzer_Zwei said:

Again, I find it curious that people complain about the forum being hidden HERE, yet I haven't seen a single soul complaining or mentioning the issue in the feedback forum.

There really isn't as much user interest about it as some people believe. It's the sad truth.

Sadly you're right. I posted a request topic on the feedback forum to have it back again sadly there wasn't much help at all. I really do miss the legacy forum back on the old Gamespot site.

#13 Posted by thecrypticodor (209 posts) -

@BarbaricAvatar said:

VGCollect is full of swooning JRPG lovers.

I've started posting there a little bit recently and from what I've seen there's no more of that than just about any other classic vg forum. Although the community over there is on the small side it's as close to a perfect Legacy Platforms replacement that I've seen. Also their database and collection system is excellent. If you don't see a certain game you can add it in yourself.

#14 Edited by Eikichi-Onizuka (8174 posts) -

classicgameroom.com has lots of retro topics, I've been posting there.

#15 Edited by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

Well, we can only hope that GS eventually will fix the disaster of this supposed "site upgrade" of theirs. However, in my opinion this forum had already bombed long before they took it out of the front page.

Really, it was mostly just the same 10 or so regulars posting and chatting with and for themselves. That and the "system vs system" and "best 1000 games for x system" threads every 2 pages.

So for me at least it was not a surprise the forum ended up in the limbo like this.

#16 Posted by thebest31406 (3586 posts) -

I didn't even know that the forum still existed. I was just checking my profile and there it was.

#17 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

How hard would it be for this board to be added to be added to the board list on the right so that everyone could see it? It´s already here for pete sake.

#18 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15442 posts) -

Seems like the GameSpot staff is too lazy to either add the forum back or delete it for once and for all.

#19 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

@Panzer_Zwei said:

Seems like the GameSpot staff is too lazy to either add the forum back or delete it for once and for all.

What baffles me is that the sports forum,a board that always had much less activity than the legacy forums was added since the first day of the new site launch...
Why such a slow paced,non gaming related board takes precedence over legacy makes little sense,really bums me out because I always loved this forum.

#20 Posted by LJSEXAY (1866 posts) -

I am using it today.

#21 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I've just discovered this forum.

#22 Edited by Gamerno6666 (3265 posts) -

MAH LEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyy

#23 Posted by lazyhoboguy (1679 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: Cry.

#24 Posted by GameboyTroy (2574 posts) -

This forum needs to be brought back.