SrebX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SrebX
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'm quiet new to MMOs. I've played the occasional F2P MMORPGs mainly when I was younger like Maplestory, MU Online and recently Terra and C9

I can say that I didn't really enjoy Terra since it's combat was very clumsy and boring. C9 was a lot better, though the rooms were horrible.

My interest in GW2 has been growing during the last few days since I've checked some videos and reviews and it looks interesting.
As someone who's tight on cash I'm having a hard time letting go of these 50$, so I want to hear your opinion.

I really like RPG games where you have lots of divesity with the gear and skills and got lots to do. Problem is I live in Israel and I'm usually experiencing some lags in US servers, and in an MMO it can really ruin the experience ... :\

Anyhow, it's been a while since I've seriously played an MMO, and never played a none-F2P ... what do you guys think? 

Btw,

Is there some kind of discount anywhere? xP I've noticed it's 40$ on Amazon, thogh I prefer a digital copy...

Thanks for the helpers

483paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 483paul
Member since 2005 • 525 Posts

Buy it. You will love it.  I have been playing since launch.  I am a casual player and love i dont need to invest my life into it to see rewards.  There is depth to the game and questing is the best i have seen in a mmo.  My only complaint is the living story.  If yoj dont play during it you miss out on it.  You will understand jf you buy it.  Basically coming into the game a year after launch there is a lot of content that has come and gone because the game is a "living" world.  But dont let that discourage you from buying it.  This game is awesome!!

darksong4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 darksong4
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

Depends on what you want from and MMO. The dynamic events come at a cost - no direction end game. Once you get level 80 that's about it (PVE wise) - Dungeons are hard to get into unless you have all the top armour (In my experience no random will accept you) or unless you have a vary patient guild with people willing to teach you the ins and outs.

End game also seems super grindy - more grindy than WOW without the reward of downing that huge boss (there is a material list with about 50 different items on it for the best weapons in the game (and you need about 5-6 differnt weapons per class to be useful in dungeons.)

If you want to have fun past level 80 be prepared to put in hours grinding youtube videos on how to do dungeons, what to grind and where to grind it. This game really does lack and direction end game - it's a real shame because they have done some really good things - let down by terrible end game.

darksong4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darksong4
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

Depends on what you want from and MMO. The dynamic events come at a cost - no direction end game. Once you get level 80 that's about it (PVE wise) - Dungeons are hard to get into unless you have all the top armour (In my experience no random will accept you) or unless you have a vary patient guild with people willing to teach you the ins and outs.

End game also seems super grindy - more grindy than WOW without the reward of downing that huge boss (there is a material list with about 50 different items on it for the best weapons in the game (and you need about 5-6 differnt weapons per class to be useful in dungeons.)

If you want to have fun past level 80 be prepared to put in hours grinding youtube videos on how to do dungeons, what to grind and where to grind it. This game really does lack and direction end game - it's a real shame because they have done some really good things - let down by terrible end game.

darksong4
All world bosses are just a zerg fest - hundred upon hundred of people mashing auto attack - they are easy and no challenge.
Endgameforyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Endgameforyou
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@SrebX: It's a pretty good MMO! Classes are thought out and the graphics are really good. The only complaint (especially compared to WOW) is that there aren't as many players. It's worth the $50 esp since there is no sub fee. It beats the pants off of F2P.