lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
Short: Want to use god given powers of inviting to GUFU but don't know who to invite. Addendum: Even Open, there's no reason we can't get new blood in here to revitalize the place You guys know the forums at large better than I do, but may be embarrased to invite them because of our lack of activity or longstanding grudge or blah blah - listen I have no shame (have you seen me play Halo?) so pass the names over to me and I'll take care of it. If you need some kind of formal proccess, treat it like the old recruitment threads I guess. So who's first?
A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 A_zombie
Member since 2005 • 7385 Posts

I nominate..... um, I guess I'll have to jump back into system wars. Give me a few days to start the noms ;)

BTW: You weren't bad at Halo. You were terrible. :runs:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Right I guess we should have done something for this board. But the problem is the other forums are just so....stupid now. Like I can't f*cking stand posting on sw any longer. And I don't want to post on offtopic. The gamespot community talking about **** that isn't videogames, and thus sharing their stupidity on topics that are for more offensive when someone shares their stupidity? F*ck that. And the sports page isn't that much better to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Right I guess we should have done something for this board. But the problem is the other forums are just so....stupid now. Like I can't f*cking stand posting on sw any longer. And I don't want to post on offtopic. The gamespot community talking about **** that isn't videogames, and thus sharing their stupidity on topics that are for more offensive when someone shares their stupidity? F*ck that. And the sports page isn't that much better to be honest.

jg4xchamp

Pretty much this.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

jg4xchamp

This is true,

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

...and here we are. Back to square 1 once again.

For the last year we've been trying to find a way to get new members into GUFU, but none of our "efforts" worked out in the end. The whole point in GUFUYourself was to branch away from Gamespot and start our own community. It was a great idea where GUFU members can post their blogs on the site and gain some new faces from followers, while having our own forum, free from ToU, and communicate with new members. However, nobody was willing to write anything for the site and the idea vanished. We kept the Gamespot forum open to attract new members and had suggestions of branching out to any other website, but the current userbase isn't willing to accept anyone else into the group.

At this point, I don't know what to tell you. Our best bet is to stick with the SW crowd, but that has now turned to s***. I guess we can stick to our stagnated group on IRC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jg4xchamp
We got Foolz3h Foolz3h>quantity.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

jg4xchamp

Yup.

Although OT's stupidity can be pretty damn entertaining.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

We got Foolz3h Foolz3h>quantity. jg4xchamp

I hate to repeat myself, but this is true.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

People just aren't that excited about gaming at this point in the gen. Combine that with busy private lives and there's no room for GUFU. However, I'd bet my left nut that some of our old friends will crawl out of their hiding spots when the hype surrounding new consoles and games starts to climb. In fact, a few of them already have. The real challenge though is in getting people to stick around instead of just popping in for a day or two (Bond, Dreams, Cake, Zombie, Spruce, etc.). Perhaps that could be something to focus on?

Maybe we'll be able to turn back to SW when the new gen starts... maybe.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
We need more kids around here. Kids who don't have real lives yet that are interested in supporting a community. A new generation of GUFU!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

The Next Game.

The future of procrastination so incredible that the person completely disregards the terms end and finish from their vocabulary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I dont think this board will ever be active now that everyone just posts at the IRC.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This place sucks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jg4xchamp

I dont think this board will ever be active now that everyone just posts at the IRC.

sonicare
And the other forum soniccare. You stupid baboon. Even that place after losing a lot of its luster(because of the long ass time away from that forum) clowns this place. On topic: can we at least wait till the summer is over. I'm sure come fall time gufu will get a nice kick in the ass for a bit.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lafigueroa
We coualso do a CS:GO gamenight or two for the hell of it...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp
f*ck that, Source.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lafigueroa
f*ck that, Source. jg4xchamp
GO is #!@$ing $15, there's no excuse for not picking it up. But fine, Source it is. You set it up, pro-gamenighter that you are.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jg4xchamp

I'm off wednesday. Tuesday I'm also off, but after 9 I gotta go over my friends crib and set up my rooms for Atlantic City(before Game chimes in all judgemental dad and **** um it's for like 4 different people's birthdays, it's a large group of us, besides I've been behaving lately). So yeah wednesday night could be fun if people are down. But we need specific people willing to say yes. Namely Game, Killa(I need him to go IM SO FAST...VROOOOOOOOOOM!), the league of legends/dota crew(well mostly moogle), maybe wasdie, definitely sharat, etc or else what's the point? I know alxjn has the game, but that dude hasn't been on a lot lately.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

You know I really don't care about this place anymore. I have only posted on GS maybe 3-5 times since Match. I have seen the light.

1.ESPN forums/comments on articles are 10 times better even though the mods over there are crazy. It's fun posting over there

2. I like sports more than video games.

3 Why should I discuss video games when I can just play them if I want ?

4. With every year I realize that my posting counting keeps on going down and down. I had like 5k in 8 months when I started. 6 Years later 12k total.....The place has been lacking my interest for a while.

5. Pretty much everyone I remember from all these years that I liked is gone (linkhero1, -Zaku-, derangal, panzer_zwei, rpg_gamer).

6. After the Jeff fiasco I should have quit. It's pretty obvious that he was fired for giving Kane and Lynch a score of 6 when there was so many ads on GS about the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jg4xchamp
ESPN forums are almost just as insulting as system wars. Ben Rapistberger a clutch QB? GTFO!! The fact that he has a hall of fame spot on lock right now makes me cringe.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

ESPN forums are almost just as insulting as system wars. Ben Rapistberger a clutch QB? GTFO!! The fact that he has a hall of fame spot on lock right now makes me cringe. jg4xchamp

I'm glad I'm not the only one calling him Rapistberger.

And yah, this place sucks now. You might as well give it up Champ.

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SevenzFlow
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts
I am not sure if this has been said but...this place is redudant now that we got the offsite and irc :P
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

I am not sure if this has been said but...this place is redudant now that we got the offsite and irc:PSevenzFlow

This forum has been pointless since the IRC was first created in 2006.

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lafigueroa
In the interest of the recent necrowave spreading through the forum, I invite cakeorrdeath and others to use this as the original post intended.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Its time for The KING to take his rightful place on the thrown that BlackBond was ROBBED of many years ago. It is time for a new era. An era under one nation and one Bond.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp
Pfft go for it, you barely post here these days anyway. 

Not like you'll piss off anybody here with the scam U, exposed, or whatever. 
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
That's because people are here as well as most level headed gamers know the Wii U at $350 is a scam