A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 A_zombie
Member since 2005 • 7385 Posts

Some new user named Lolafreeman owned half of the Sony camp :| I mean, it's nearly friggin impossible to own half of a fanboy camp! I think Lolafreeman is gonna be scary pretty soon.

Here's what she said.

[QUOTE="A_zombie"]

[QUOTE="LolaFreeman"][QUOTE="Derangal"]Rumble is a gimmick.Derangal

You call a Standard Stample of the Game industry a Gimmick? So Sony cuts off your Penis Oh I don't need it anymore It's last gen.

:|

I think you just owned half of the Sony camp.

I think you're right.

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
...that kinda sounds painful :?
A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 A_zombie

...that kinda sounds painful :?videogamegirl05

You had no idea how hard I cringed when I read that.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
TCHBO indeed :shock:.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
I see no ownage, Rumble IS a gimmick.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
I see no ownage, Rumble IS a gimmick.jechtshot78

A standard is not a gimmick.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jechtshot78
[QUOTE="jechtshot78"]I see no ownage, Rumble IS a gimmick.Blackbond

A standard is not a gimmick.

It isnt a standerd.
Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
Rumble is kinda pointless in some games I've played. The only game that comes to mind that really used that feature well is the MGS series. Well, on the PS at least :P
tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 tekkenlaw
Member since 2004 • 9598 Posts
I turn rumble off in most games I play, it is used well in some games like MGS, but in games like god of war it is just rumbling constantly and it gets old.
A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A_zombie

Rumble is kinda much needed for me because I'm deaf. When I'm playing a FPS or a TPS I can know that I got hit by an enemy *or teammate Halo 2 wise* plus with racing games. I can know that I hit something and take evasive actions to avoid another collision after going 168 mph in a Dodge Charger. With stealth games starting to hit the market by storm, Splinter Cell and MGS are the only ones that are NEEDED for rumble.

Plus, rumble is needed for deaf people like me. Also, blind people too when they play fighting games. There's one completely blind guy that won 2nd place in a Mortal Kombat tournament and gotten 3rd in Street Fighter and 1st in Dead or Alive tourneys. Rumble is needed for people with certain handicaps to help them progress through some games.

mutenpika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mutenpika
Member since 2004 • 2940 Posts
I never really needed rumble... I use visual cues on-screen to tell me when I'm being shot. I rarely notice the difference between my PC games and my console games. In some places it's nice, like being able to tell whether an enemy's spell in Oblivion hit you or not, but I think it's almost completely unneeded for the most part.

I think that if 3rd party controllers support rumble, then games should try to include a rumble feature. I'm sure 3rd party peripheral manufactureres will be up to the task.

Personally, I like the Dual Shock 3. I prefer the left analog stick to be where the GCN and Xbox have it, but I can live with Sony continuously being different in this regard. Plus, the moment Sony moves it (If they ever do) blind fanboys will scream how they're copying again.
LOZlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LOZlink
Member since 2005 • 9359 Posts
i didnt like that guy much he thought he owned the boards or something
Kama151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kama151
Member since 2004 • 3405 Posts

i didnt like that guy much he thought he owned the boards or somethingLOZlink

Well, he did say "stample", but nobody cared about the self-ownage =P 

revamparts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 revamparts
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts
HALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALO

And all console FPS for that matter. Rumble is a way of life. It just makes such an effective damage sensor.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Rumble is kinda much needed for me because I'm deaf. When I'm playing a FPS or a TPS I can know that I got hit by an enemy *or teammate Halo 2 wise* plus with racing games. I can know that I hit something and take evasive actions to avoid another collision after going 168 mph in a Dodge Charger. With stealth games starting to hit the market by storm, Splinter Cell and MGS are the only ones that are NEEDED for rumble.

Plus, rumble is needed for deaf people like me. Also, blind people too when they play fighting games. There's one completely blind guy that won 2nd place in a Mortal Kombat tournament and gotten 3rd in Street Fighter and 1st in Dead or Alive tourneys. Rumble is needed for people with certain handicaps to help them progress through some games.

A_zombie

I didn't think about that. Sony certainly didn't consider all of the consequences of losing rumble.
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Ive said it before. Rumble was a Gimmick that turned into a Standerd. When it first came out it was a gimmick, yet then it turned into a standerd. Its basically like giving hotdogs to a hobo every day for 10years(He comes to a spot and your there waiting), Then one day just say **** off. You conditional Trained him to come there and get a hot dog. Yet now your just removing it when it became a standerd for him. The point is From the Last two gens people have been trained to play with rumble by having it standerd and now...poof

But I like his better^^ LOL...Touch the Man Hood and Millions Cry^^
Oblio_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Oblio_Starr
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
I actually think the runble plays a good feature to FPS's. You have to admit it makes the game a lot more intense when you're really into the game. And even when you just picked up the controller. I don't mind it at all either, I have it on all the time. Like I said, it just makes it more intense.

You're turning the corner in a fps with a sliver of health left. You're about to complete the mission when your rumble goes crazy and you hear shots fired. Youre character falls to the ground.

It wouldn't be the same without the rumble. IMO.
LOZlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LOZlink
i can play without it as i play pc FPSs alot
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jechtshot78
HALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALO

And all console FPS for that matter. Rumble is a way of life. It just makes such an effective damage sensor.
revamparts
I still hold my view. I hate Rumble, I have always hated Rumble, Im glad it is gone, Good Riddence.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
I actually find rumble an annoyance at times. Sometimes you'll be shooting a guy, get shot, and your aim is completely thrown off by the rumble.
Kama151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kama151
Member since 2004 • 3405 Posts

For the most part, I think how rumble is used in some some games is more of a distraction and I turn it off.  Unless it adds something to the atmosphere/gameplay, I don't care for it at all.    Games where it works well are survival horror games..like Fatal Frame and Resident Evil.  I know for Fatal Frame, it was a great touch. I can understand it for racing titles.  For FPS, I don't think it's really that necessary at all, nor do I think it really adds anything to the gameplay aspect of it.  I've always felt it was more of a distraction, as I don't want my controller rumbling while I'm being shot at and trying to make a 360 movement to shoot at whoever.  It an especially bad distraction if it's available in fighting games, at least in my opinion. 

jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

I personally think rumble is kind of stupid and unrealistic. I mean, having rumble on when actions are happening to you that don't call of rumble seems kinds of stupid to me. Something explodes, you get rumble. You get shot, you get rumble. You fall on the ground, you get rumble. Seems kind of a cheap way to try to imitate the natural world.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
The only good games that use the rumble correctly is the MGS series.
LOZlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LOZlink
The only good games that use the rumble correctly is the MGS series.kage_53
yea ill miss that especially in mgs3 when i was fighting the end