the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

How open-minded are you guys? Are you accepting of other people's races, religions, sexual preferences, cultures, personality traits etc?

If 0 is the least open-minded you can be, and 10 is the most open-minded you can be, where would you fit on the scale?

Do you avoid a certain race simply because they are of that race? Do you have anything against people who don't share your religious, or non-religious beliefs?

Thoughts?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
I may not agree with everything people have to say but I always listen.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
i would put myself around 8, i cant say i accept everyone in all the little details but i never bother to care about their backgrounds and beliefs. perhaps the only kind i dont like are those that think violence is the answer to everything but other then that im all good.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I may not agree with everything people have to say but I always listen.Blackbond
Took the words off my fingertips.
Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts

I would say 9. I sometimes think or feel a way about certain people groups, especially political believes, but I never lets such feelings decide the way I act. I approach every induvidual with an open mind.

There are a few exceptions though, such as extremeists in any category, I don't like those. I guess those I have the biggest problem with showing an open mind to are those who fail to do so themselves.

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
Race and Religion aren't a factor to me when it comes to talking/hanging out with someone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I'd say I'm a 7 or an 8. Fairly open minded, though I could always be better.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Race and Religion aren't a factor to me when it comes to talking/hanging out with someone.-Zaku-
Me too.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

I can handle anything except stupidity.

Any race, creed, religion, etc just so long as they are polite and not stupid, and I am meaning common sense stupid in this post.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I'm very intollerant of people who are discourteous, dishonest, or biggoted. Other than that, eh. Whatever. 8/10
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
8 i suppose. i'll hear out most arguments if they are presented in an intelligent manner.
fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 fanboy-buster
Member since 2006 • 4594 Posts

7....why?

Im not against anyone, is just out-of-the-closet gay people who think they can kiss each other in public and speak out loud about their preferences.....for the inside-of-the-closet I have nothing against since they act like normal poeple.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Probably an eight or seven.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

7....why?

Im not against anyone, is just out-of-the-closet gay people who think they can kiss each other in public and speak out loud about their preferences.....for the inside-of-the-closet I have nothing against since they act like normal poeple.

fanboy-buster

Isn't that the definition of homophobia?

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation: "hO-m&-'fO-bE-&
Function: noun
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
- ho·mo·pho·bic /-'fO-bik/ adjective

I think it's a bit strange to be bothered by people speaking about their sexual preference - so if I say "I like women with avoirdupois posteriors and I cannot prevaricate" it's acceptable, but if my girlfriend says it, it becomes offensive? If a guy says to me "I like dudes" I'm afraid my automatic response would be "that's cool, I like cheeseburgers".

As far as PDAs (public displays of affection - not the useless little electronic day planners) go, the acceptability is the same regardless of sexual orientation. It would be rather hypocritical to say "you're gay - you can't kiss in public" when the line for heterosexuals is somewhere at "don't get your girlfriend pregnant in public". There's a time and place for everything, I simply don't see why it would have to change for homosexuals.

As far as the the "inisde-of-the-closet I have nothing against since they act like normal people" - I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole. Frankly, I'm far more concerned about the average Walmart shopper than the guys snogging outside a Starbucks. Ahh, you... to be young and afraid of gay-people. Someday you'll be old and afraid of what you call "normal people", which I assure you is a far more rational fear.

-

As far as open-mindedness, an active-mind is far more vital... an open-mind without activity is like the front-door hanging open to an abandoned house.

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts

I'm pretty tolerant, although I'll act a little odd around the Mentally handicapped, I control myself as well as I can.

8.5/1:|

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
I would say about a 9, I mostly respect any quality about someone, or their beliefs, or race.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I'm pretty tolerant, although I'll act a little odd around the Mentally handicapped, I control myself as well as I can.

8.5/1:|

lafigueroa

Ehh, I get along with them fine after working at a Special Olympics basketball camp (yeah me teaching basketball, imagine that :lol: )
FalconZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FalconZero
Member since 2003 • 15023 Posts

6/10.

Hey, at least I'm honest.

Oh ****, I thought this was in regards to gaming... :lol: Ok ok, start over. 8/10.

Sometimes, certain things I find to be a turn off, but I tolerate it. I'm only human. Otherwise, I'm fairly open-minded. I'm not a saint, so I do have certain biases. I may not have found any apparently, but I'm sure if I think hard enough, I find things that don't click with me. Same-sex marriages...that's actually ok in my book, actually. Religion is fine, as long as it doesn't condone killing, all that other stuff, things that are just cruel in my view don't float well with me. Race isn't an even an issue with me.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Fanboy Buster you should be ashamed. I have no problem with gay guys, hell I wish there were millions upon millions more. There is very logical reasoning behind this as well.

More gay guys = more women for the rest of us 8)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'm a 10. I may not seem that way in System Wars but that's who I am in real life. I can accept anyone for who they are... as long as they can accept me and others for who I/we am/are. What I cannot accept is ignorance towards other cultures and people which generally leads to intolerance and in some cases racism. I find those who are not as open-minded as myself to be somewhat ignorant and/or arrogant. I cannot befriend someone as well if they do not share the same world view as I do... ironically, this kind of goes against my whole spiel but its how I feel. I wish more people on this planet were as open-minded and as accepting as I am.
tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 tekkenlaw
Member since 2004 • 9598 Posts
I would say a 10 but I don't really care for uber conservatives.
fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fanboy-buster

Fanboy Buster you should be ashamed. I have no problem with gay guys, hell I wish there were millions upon millions more. There is very logical reasoning behind this as well.

Blackbond

I never thought about it in that way :P

But being serious, I think I didnt make myself clear (darn I almost failed english test with a 73) but I tried to say I dont like gay people acting to geyish, and as also I dont like heterosexual like doing it in front of everybody, thats why Im trying to mean. Gay can hold hands yes, no problem with that, heterosexual and homosexual people frenching each other in public areas GET A ROOM PLEASE...

I think now I made my point clear....

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
I may disagree with the person but I will listen to them.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

7-8/10

Im tolerant, but some personality trats annoy me, and also people who try to force religion down my throat annoy me.

FalconZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FalconZero
Member since 2003 • 15023 Posts
For the people who said 10/10...I think you're lying to yourself. :|
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

For the people who said 10/10...I think you're lying to yourself. :|FalconZero

Same here. No one is completely tolerant.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I would say a 10 but I don't really care for uber conservatives.tekkenlaw
Don't sweat it. I'm a Republican and even I can't stand the extremist conservatives. Especially Christian conservatives. They boggle my mind. Then again I can't stand extremist liberals either, so it goes both ways. To summarize: don't be an extremist ****wit.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
I'm a 10 to whoever deserves it.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

5/10.

Blackbond
But what if the women turn lesbian :|:o:shock:
fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fanboy-buster

5/10.

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

kage_53
But what if the women turn lesbian :|:o:shock:

I will make them turn Bi 8)