Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

If you haven't seen it already.

Relevant anymore or not, they seemed to have taken their time with this. Let's hope it does not disappoint.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#2 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts
Believe it or not, I only recently started playing HL1 for the first time. And I'm not sure if I want to continue it. Maybe this mod will be worth a try, though.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

If in 2007, you told me BMS would come out before Episode 3 was even *unveiled*, I would scoff at you.

If in 2007, you told me Duke Nukem Forever would come out before Episode 3 was unveiled, I would probably attack you.

Now I simply curl into a ball, suck my thumb, and cry for my mommy before I go to bed.

Thank you Valve, how f*cking hard is this?

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
They officially canceled Episode 3 like 2 years ago. All assets were moved over to Half Life 3.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 organic_machine

They officially canceled Episode 3 like 2 years ago. All assets were moved over to Half Life 3.lafigueroa

This hasn't ever been confirmed. The closest thing to a confirmation was Lombardi tossing around the "Gordon's next adventure" as opposed to calling it "Episode 3," which was in about 2009, I believe.

But there is no quote from Valve ever saying anything about a Half Life 3.

Now I personally believe Episode 3 died around late 2008, but we can't speak of these things as fact because they are not verifyable.

jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

[QUOTE="lafigueroa"]They officially canceled Episode 3 like 2 years ago. All assets were moved over to Half Life 3.organic_machine

This hasn't ever been confirmed. The closest thing to a confirmation was Lombardi tossing around the "Gordon's next adventure" as opposed to calling it "Episode 3," which was in about 2009, I believe.

Now I personally believe Episode 3 died around late 2008, but we can't speak of these things as fact because they are not verifyable.

Either way, they will have a hard time wrapping up the existing story arc.

[spoiler] Unless Eli's death ended up changing Gordon and Alyx's plans entirely. [/spoiler]

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
Seen some videos and it looked pretty damn cool for a fan-made remake.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lafigueroa

[QUOTE="lafigueroa"]They officially canceled Episode 3 like 2 years ago. All assets were moved over to Half Life 3.organic_machine

They confirmed it at one of the recent GDCs when they talked about the failure of the Episodic gaming model and why they abandoned it (no I don't feel like looking for the link).
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 organic_machine

They confirmed it at one of the recent GDCs when they talked about the failure of the Episodic gaming model and why they abandoned it (no I don't feel like looking for the link).lafigueroa

No they didn't. You read too much into what they said.

I've heard it all. Read every interview and article.

They have yet to explicitly confirm a Half Life 3.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
Anybody try this yet?
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lafigueroa

[QUOTE="lafigueroa"]They confirmed it at one of the recent GDCs when they talked about the failure of the Episodic gaming model and why they abandoned it (no I don't feel like looking for the link).organic_machine

No they didn't. You read too much into what they said.

I've heard it all. Read every interview and article.

They have yet to explicitly confirm a Half Life 3.

No, they just confirmed that " the beloved sequel Riccochet 2" was coming. Not even Gabe Newell likes Riccochet. Face it Half Life 3 is coming.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 organic_machine

No, they just confirmed that " the beloved sequel Riccochet 2" was coming. Not even Gabe Newell likes Riccochet. Face it Half Life 3 is coming.lafigueroa

I believe Half Life 3 is coming. I've believed it since about early 2011.

But that is NOT an explicit confirmation. Don't be a dumbass.

We all know he was talking about a Half Life game. He didn't explicitly say it, but we know it. It might not be Half Life 3. It could be anything, but we know they are working on something Hlaf Life.

Again, they have yet to explicitly confirm a Half Life 3. I'm all about speculation but stop presenting speculation as fact.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
^I really dont' think he needs to say anything more than that.

At this point it goes without saying a Half Life 3 is in the works. How long Valve plans on taking to pump it out is up to them.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

^I really dont' think he needs to say anything more than that.

At this point it goes without saying a Half Life 3 is in the works. Whether Valve will finish and releases it who knows.jg4xchamp

Fixed.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]^I really dont' think he needs to say anything more than that.

At this point it goes without saying a Half Life 3 is in the works. Whether Valve will finish and releases it who knows.Foolz3h

Fixed.

Why would they not finish it? I know they take forever, but it WILL happen.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
Installed it tonight and it looks/sounds/plays fantastic. I would encourage everyone to get it and best of all it's free.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

[QUOTE="Foolz3h"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]^I really dont' think he needs to say anything more than that.

At this point it goes without saying a Half Life 3 is in the works. Whether Valve will finish and releases it who knows.PatchMaster

Fixed.

Why would they not finish it? I know they take forever, but it WILL happen.

They could have messed up and be working on another DNF for all we know, and I'd like to think they're smart enough to know if they're working on a lost cause. They hardly need to release it for financial reasons.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

At this point it goes without saying a Half Life 3 is in the works. Whether Valve will finish and releases it who knows.Foolz3h

Fixed.

Whatever Towers!!