Which ESPN Analyst/Sportscaster do you despise the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Doomtime (4282 posts) -
It is a close race with Trey Wingo and Skip Bayless for me. Trey Wingo just thinks he's the funniest guy with his witty comments. Skip Bayless on the other hand thinks everything he says is godly. I think I hate Wingo more though. How bout you guys?
#2 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
Skip Bayless, Tony Kornheiser, Chris Berman.
#3 Posted by andyboiii (13629 posts) -
I really can't stand Kornheiser on MNF. dude just rambles on about the dumbest things sometimes
#4 Posted by xboxplayer1990 (941 posts) -
Stephen A Smith annoys me. All he does is yell and act like everyone else is ignorant.
#5 Posted by andyboiii (13629 posts) -

Stephen A Smith annoys me. All he does is yell and act like everyone else is ignorant.xboxplayer1990

this is about the only time I agreed with him

Kwame is a bonafide scrub! :lol:

#6 Posted by Robbie_IV (23299 posts) -

Joe "Evils of Statistics" Morgan.

I simply don't watch anything else on ESPN anymore.

#7 Posted by NetYankEagle (11090 posts) -

all 3 guys in the MNF Booth.

Stewert Scott is my fav.

#9 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
None of them really, but there are some you can tell aren't really experts..................
#11 Posted by jiggaloj (4345 posts) -
I know he's not on ESPN, but I absolutely hate Joe Buck as an announcer on FOX.
#12 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3144 posts) -

Mark May

ugh, thinks he knows everything, and so damn annoyingly smug about it too.

#13 Posted by 3KindgomsRandy (15488 posts) -

Chris Berman
Steven A. Smith
Matthew Barnaby
The MNF Crew
Emmitt Smith

Take your pick, I don't like any of the above.

#14 Posted by Ray2259 (1389 posts) -

Michael Irvin & Keyshawn Johnson

and OMG SKIP is an IDIOT!!! there was another person along with skip that said Marvin Harrisson was overrated..(can;t remember his name)

#15 Posted by mrgab (23308 posts) -
Steven A Smith, Skip Bayless, Woody Paige, Jay Mariotti
#16 Posted by jharv (1774 posts) -
Even though he's not on ESPN but I hate Joe Buck with a passion.
#17 Posted by GamerForca (7095 posts) -
Mark May is probably my most hated. He's soooo biased, which doesn't bother me TOO much, but he's just so damn arrogant about it.
#18 Posted by GridironKing (353 posts) -
Steven A Smith
#19 Posted by CrimzonTide (12187 posts) -
Jay Mariotti, Joe Buck.
#20 Posted by Eman5805 (4493 posts) -

Tony Kornhieser and Skip Bayless.

#21 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17345 posts) -
Stephen A. Smith, and that blond woman who replaces Trey Wingo on NFL live sometimes. Yeah she's hot, but that's the only reason she's there.
#22 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -

As much as I'd like to say Skip Bayless, he's not really an "idiot". He knows what he's talking about, but the way he goes about his work irritates me. It's like--*with pencil in hand pounding into the desk*--"I'm always right, you're always wrong, let's call it quits and crown me the winner!" But yeah, I actually agree with a lot of the stuff he says. Same goes for Mariotti. I'm sorry, but on Around the Horn, he's frequently the smartest guy there.

Mark May is a phael. Mark Schlereth is a phael. Jay Bilas is a phael. I've heard Chris Berman is a total douche in real life, but I don't mind him otherwise.

#23 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -
Stephen A. Smith is very loud and annoying.
#24 Posted by IsItJustMe (45 posts) -

Skip Bayless, easily. There is no way in the world that he actually believes all of the stuff he says because he's so contrarian. He's got to be saying that because he thinks being "controversial" will make him famous. Not to mention the smug way he presents his arguments.

I was never a big fan of Chris Berman. It's one thing to be enthusiastic and witty about sports, but come on! The nick names got really old around 1990, and the sound effects--boof, boof, boof, boof whoop!--have always been silly.

#25 Posted by AlexSays (6612 posts) -
Better question would be: Which ESPN analyst/sportscaster do you actually LIKE?
#26 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17345 posts) -

Better question would be: Which ESPN analyst/sportscaster do you actually LIKE?AlexSays

Steve Young 8)

After that...uh...Dilfer?

#27 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Give explanations people, otherwise i have no clue how you can hate someone who brings you sports news :? Because they're loud and annoying? I listen to what they have to say, i don't hold their personality against them. I usually agree with Skip and Stephan A.

I was never a big fan of Chris Berman. It's one thing to be enthusiastic and witty about sports, but come on! The nick names got really old around 1990, and the sound effects--boof, boof, boof, boof whoop!--have always been silly.

IsItJustMe
Come on? So it's a bad thing to try and be silly about sports? They should all be super serious and deliver the news :|..........

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]Better question would be: Which ESPN analyst/sportscaster do you actually LIKE?Renegade_Fury

Steve Young 8)

After that...uh...Dilfer?

Jon Ritchie, Jalen Rose :oops:
#28 Posted by CJL182 (9233 posts) -
Aside from ATH and PTI, I pretty much never watch ESPN anymore. I really like Kornheiser and Wilbon on PTI, but Kornheiser feels out of place on MNF. Skip Bayless probably annoyes me the most.
#29 Posted by JackBurton (3802 posts) -

Keyshawn Johnson - has absolutely zero knowledge of NFL History and is quite proud of it.

Emmitt Smith - great player, dumbest person to sit on one of their NFL sets. "blowed out" lol

Tony Kornheiser - is great on PTI, but is a total douche on MNF... so annoying.

Ron Jaworski - does a great job breaking-down tape on their studio shows, but totally sucks on MNF.

#30 Posted by xboxplayer1990 (941 posts) -

Better question would be: Which ESPN analyst/sportscaster do you actually LIKE?AlexSays

I like Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser (when he's on PTI). Woody Paige is funny even tho he's an idiot. And I usually agree with most of what Jim Rome says.

#31 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -
Skip and Kornheiser.
#32 Posted by Wii60always (316 posts) -
Skip Bayless, JAY MARIOTTI, and Screamin' A. Smith.
#33 Posted by Darth_Revan_666 (2801 posts) -
Skip Bayless, Keyshawn Johnson, Emmit Smith and Mike Ditka.
#35 Posted by SwedishMob (9 posts) -
Hannah Storm is terrible! She never looks more out of place than when she's interviewing someone. They walk all over her. She sucks.
#36 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -

Keyshawn Johnson - has absolutely zero knowledge of NFL History and is quite proud of it.

Emmitt Smith - great player, dumbest person to sit on one of their NFL sets. "blowed out" lol

Tony Kornheiser - is great on PTI, but is a total douche on MNF... so annoying.

Ron Jaworski - does a great job breaking-down tape on their studio shows, but totally sucks on MNF.

JackBurton
See now that's better, i'll agree Keyshawn and Emmitt do come of like they don't really know much about the game :lol:
#37 Posted by MissPeanut (544 posts) -

yeah keyshawn - just seems he adds nothing to a topic. has too many short answers

skip bayless - stupid and is an annoying bandwagoner

steven a smith - doesnt need to yell to get his point across

paige/mariotti - couple of dopes that try to use comedy to get people to listen

#38 Posted by balindos (2422 posts) -

It is a close race with Trey Wingo and Skip Bayless for me. Trey Wingo just thinks he's the funniest guy with his witty comments. Skip Bayless on the other hand thinks everything he says is godly. I think I hate Wingo more though. How bout you guys?Doomtime

I cant stand all of espn. ESPN IS FOR DRAMA QUEENS. I remember watching espn news or even sports center and all you get Blah blah blah and barely no highlights of any games at all. "Look the Lakers beat the Pistons, Here is a 15 second highlight reel for you guys" LAME. I know alot people dont watch soccer but you need to sit down one day and watch GOLTV, Now that is a sport channel. You gets a lot of soccer games, in the middle of commercials they show great classic highlights, and when they show you highlights of a game it last between 5 to 15 minutes depending on how much action has taken place. Its like Inside the NFL but all the time. No Drama. That is what ESPN needs to do instead getting caught up on all this BS and forgetting about he actual sport.

#39 Posted by balindos (2422 posts) -

yeah keyshawn - just seems he adds nothing to a topic. has too many short answers

MissPeanut

I think they need to get rid of all these analyst and replace them with people that actually call the game, like that guys on the radio. If I had to pick the worst, then I would go with DOUG COLLINS, he just needs to shut up and find a new job doing something else.

#40 Posted by SonicBalla (2608 posts) -

John Kruk-He's the biggest Phillies Fan Alive

Skip Bayless-Ignorant

Woody Paige-I've always seen him as a Racist.

#41 Posted by xboxplayer1990 (941 posts) -

Skip Bayless-Ignorant

SonicBalla

What has he ever said that's racist?

#42 Posted by SonicBalla (2608 posts) -
[QUOTE="SonicBalla"]

Skip Bayless-Ignorant

xboxplayer1990

Well back when it was called cold pizza him & skip bayless were debating on topics......

One of the topics was of Alfonso Soriano and he said........."Let's talk about something else instead...." and he went on to talk about a white player.

#43 Posted by IsItJustMe (45 posts) -
[QUOTE="IsItJustMe"]

X360PS3AMD05
Come on? So it's a bad thing to try and be silly about sports? They should all be super serious and deliver the news :|..........

You skipped over the part where I said, "It's one thing to be enthusiastic and witty about sports." I think Berman has far too high an opinion of his "clever" nicknames. I think the shtick is something that your local wacky sports guy would do to goose ratings
#44 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -

MissPeanut
How is skip a bandwagoner? He picked the Rays, he hates the Cowboys :? Also if it weren't for Paige and his antics i probably wouldn't even watch ATH...............

Skip Bayless-Ignorant

SonicBalla
Examples please? I think Kruk even picked the Dodgers in the NLCS :| Skip is just about right all the time and how is Woody racist?..................
#45 Posted by xboxplayer1990 (941 posts) -
[QUOTE="xboxplayer1990"][QUOTE="SonicBalla"]

Skip Bayless-Ignorant

SonicBalla

Well back when it was called cold pizza him & skip bayless were debating on topics......

One of the topics was of Alfonso Soriano and he said........."Let's talk about something else instead...." and he went on to talk about a white player.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with race. Analysts say stuff like that alot.

#46 Posted by ExtremeOne316 (742 posts) -

Trey Wingo and Mike Greenberg

#47 Posted by MissPeanut (544 posts) -
[QUOTE="MissPeanut"]

X360PS3AMD05

How is skip a bandwagoner? He picked the Rays, he hates the Cowboys :? Also if it weren't for Paige and his antics i probably wouldn't even watch ATH...............

well skip - for a guy born in oklahoma, worked in miami, dallas and chicago - is ALWAYS butt kissing to the boston red sox, just anytime they discuss most about the american league.

paige is just there half the time to be a joke - a mister magoo. so bored of him and mariotti- both have overstayed their welcome

#48 Posted by cvasquez311 (962 posts) -

Hate: Tony Kornheiser

Like: Berman and... Aikmen (Yes I said it, he's a good sportscaster).