what would you do with the 1st pick of the nfl draft?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hihatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hihatrider
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts

This really isn't about one player necessarily, but most people believe that the rams will draftNdamukong Suh with the first pick. Is that really the best thing for their future? not necessarily Suh in particular, but even using the first pick in the draft. i think i would give serious consideration to trading down if i had the misfortune of picking first.

my argument is basically looking at what you're getting for your money. Is Suh really worth that much before he ever plays a game? Outside of a qb that your dead set on is it worth it to take anybody 1st pick? I often does a 1st pick actually earn the money he makes? for every boom as big as manning there at least 5-6 busts. it seems to me that a team in the rams position who have so many positions to improve on should focus on stockpiling later round draft picks rather than putting all the money into one guy.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Teams have to give up to much to move up to the #1 spot. Take Suh, be happy and watch him become a dominant DT.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
since im not actually affiliated with any team and couldnt afford to pay anyone, i'd sell it for a lot of money :P
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Teams have to give up to much to move up to the #1 spot. Take Suh, be happy and watch him become a dominant DT.geaux321

Agreed. I'm sure McCoy will be solid, but Suh is dominant and if you have seen any of his interviews, you can tell he is ready to work and do what he has to to become one of the best.

bballer1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bballer1024
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Draft Tim Tebow.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

Well since I'm a KC fan, I would get a good O-lineman, then maybe a WR.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
since im not actually affiliated with any team and couldnt afford to pay anyone, i'd sell it for a lot of money :Pstarwarsjunky
You stole my answer.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I don't know how any team can pass on SUH!!! i think it's foregone conclusion, unless he somehow ruins everything from now til draft day.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Trade it for Drew Brees or A. Peterson! They would be nuts not to accept the offer.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
They say he's going to be a game changer, so Badonkadonk Suh fo sho! :lol:
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Gerald McCoy or Sam Bradford. Suh's hype is huge: everyone expect him to run a 4.6 and put up 225 pounds 60 times. When he runs a 5.1 and puts 225 up 27-30 times, his hype will check.

McCoy will run a 4.7-4.8, put up 225 30+ times and post a 35 vertical, and scouts everywhere will flip: they love workout warriors, and always overhype them(Vernon Gholston anybody?)

Bradford is a QB, and the Rams need a QB. If his shoulder is good, he goes first.

Suh will probably go 2 or 3. Tampa will love to have him.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Trade it for Drew Brees or A. Peterson! They would be nuts not to accept the offer.Lostboy1224
New Orleans would be. Drew Bees literally just became an elite NFL Quarterback and won them their first Super Bowl. He's pretty much untouchable. AP is a maybe.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

Well my Rams have the first pick (I don't know whether to be happy or embarrased), I would draft a top player (Suh I guess) but whoever it is, trade them. The Rams have alot and I mean ALOT of problems on offense and I would like them to get a couple of recievers or something anything to help out Jackson.

I just don't think one top player is gonna help the Rams. Add in a nice QB down the line to as well. I think McCoy or Tebow wouldl be good. I think Bradford is gonna get taken up sooner than that before the Rams will get to him so meh

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

Gerald McCoy or Sam Bradford. Suh's hype is huge: everyone expect him to run a 4.6 and put up 225 pounds 60 times. When he runs a 5.1 and puts 225 up 27-30 times, his hype will check.

McCoy will run a 4.7-4.8, put up 225 30+ times and post a 35 vertical, and scouts everywhere will flip: they love workout warriors, and always overhype them(Vernon Gholston anybody?)

Bradford is a QB, and the Rams need a QB. If his shoulder is good, he goes first.

Suh will probably go 2 or 3. Tampa will love to have him.

heysharpshooter
That might happen later in the first round, but not for the top pick. I think McCoy will fall to the second round and therefore be available for the Rams to take with that pick.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CADMAN_3

Well my Rams have the first pick (I don't know whether to be happy or embarrased), I would draft a top player (Suh I guess) but whoever it is, trade them. The Rams have alot and I mean ALOT of problems on offense and I would like them to get a couple of recievers or something anything to help out Jackson.

I just don't think one top player is gonna help the Rams. Add in a nice QB down the line to as well. I think McCoy or Tebow wouldl be good. I think Bradford is gonna get taken up sooner than that before the Rams will get to him so meh

hayato_

The Rams should trade down and try to pick up some extra picks. They do need a lot of help.

hihatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hihatrider

[QUOTE="hayato_"]

CADMAN_3

The Rams should trade down and try to pick up some extra picks. They do need a lot of help.

better than i could have said it myself. calvin johnson is one of the best WRs in the league and he's a lion. the point is that you need solidity at every position more than you need a star (like suh).

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

[QUOTE="CADMAN_3"]

[QUOTE="hayato_"]

hihatrider

better than i could have said it myself. calvin johnson is one of the best WRs in the league and he's a lion. the point is that you need solidity at every position more than you need a star (like suh).

There are no guarentees with any player. People act like Suh is already a great NFL player, but the dude has not played a snap. Then there are guys like Tom Brady, who go in the 6th round and win 3 Super Bowls... Suh us not a "star" yet.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CADMAN_3

[QUOTE="hihatrider"]

[QUOTE="CADMAN_3"]

heysharpshooter

There are no guarentees with any player. People act like Suh is already a great NFL player, but the dude has not played a snap. Then there are guys like Tom Brady, who go in the 6th round and win 3 Super Bowls... Suh us not a "star" yet.

It's a 50 50 crapshoot with any player going to the Pro's. More so with the ones that are hyped up so much. Brady was a diamond in the rough and was only suppose to be a back up and nothing more. Then he turns out to be an awesome QB.

hihatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hihatrider

[QUOTE="hihatrider"]

[QUOTE="CADMAN_3"]

heysharpshooter

which is sort of my point. with the amount of luck we're talking about here with players going pro, you want volume of picks. i'd rather have a later 1st round and an extra second than the number 1 pick overall.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Draft Ndamukung Suh.