What Is Your Favorite NHL Team?

Posted by trav_have (5610 posts) 3 months, 16 days ago

Poll: What Is Your Favorite NHL Team? (20 votes)

Anaheim Ducks 0%
Arizona Coyotes 0%
Boston Bruins 0%
Buffalo Sabres 0%
Calgary Flames 5%
Carolina Hurricanes 5%
Chicago Blackhawks 0%
Colorado Avalanche 5%
Columbus Blue Jackets 0%
Dallas Stars 0%
Detroit Red Wings 20%
Edmonton Oilers 0%
Florida Panthers 0%
LA Kings 10%
Minnesota Wild 0%
Montreal Canadiens 5%
Nashville Predators 0%
New Jersey Devils 0%
NY Islanders 0%
NY Rangers 0%
Ottawa Senators 5%
Philadelphia Flyers 5%
Pittsburgh Penguins 5%
San Jose Sharks 0%
St. Louis Blues 5%
Tampa Bay Lightning 10%
Toronto Maple Leafs 10%
Vancouver Canucks 10%
Washington Capitals 0%
Winnipeg Jets 0%
0%

I was just curious as to what team everyone here roots for in hockey!

Maybe a few words as to why you cheer for them.

Being an avid hockey fan myself and from Vancouver, I cheer for the Canucks.

Vote away.

#1 Posted by yokofox33 (29861 posts) -

Florida Panthers. Unfortunately it seems they ain't gonna be around much longer in South Florida. I realize south Florida isn't a huge hockey hub, but it's a shame the fans down here are fucktards and don't go to any games, other sports included. A bandwagon city that gives a bad rep to the real fans.

#2 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7451 posts) -

Don't really care for hockey, but I suppose the Kings since is the closest team. The comebacks they made this year was pretty cray.

#3 Posted by ManBearPuig (42 posts) -

Kings

I'm an angeleno

#4 Posted by trav_have (5610 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Florida Panthers. Unfortunately it seems they ain't gonna be around much longer in South Florida. I realize south Florida isn't a huge hockey hub, but it's a shame the fans down here are fucktards and don't go to any games, other sports included. A bandwagon city that gives a bad rep to the real fans.

Panthers have been on the rise for awhile now. You also have Luongo back in net, and some great young forwards and D ready to step it up.

#5 Edited by brimmul777 (1240 posts) -

Flames.

#6 Posted by RodneyCourts (63 posts) -

The Habs. I chose them because of 1,2 and 3. I was originally born in Serbia but we moved to Montreal and I fell in love with the Habs. My whole family did as well and we are die hard fans.

#7 Posted by trav_have (5610 posts) -

So many views and so little actual poll votes.

#8 Posted by hecklion101 (61 posts) -

I root for Tampa Bay Lightning guys. because of Ryan Callahan.

#9 Posted by Iloveconnie (519 posts) -

From BC so naturally the Canucks. Not much hockey talk in this forum eh.

#10 Posted by ValtKush (4 posts) -

Like Philadelphia Flyers - here is my game on PC NHL 2004 Rebuilt in 2014 - you could join to us - http://04.eaphl.ru/forum/ . For any help you could write here: http://nhl04rebuilt.com/index.php?act=idx

#11 Posted by The_Deepblue (656 posts) -

I'm not a big NHL fan, but I like to see the Carolina Hurricanes succeed. Their games never are on TV, though. The last time I watched a series with the Hurricanes was when they won the Stanley Cup back in...'06, I think. Man, that was a good series; and I was glad to see them get a championship.

#12 Posted by JopaGeri (522 posts) -

Die hard Leafs fan!

#13 Posted by Habsrule31 (106 posts) -

Go Habs Go

#14 Posted by roboccs (7061 posts) -

Let's go Red Wings! Let's go Red Wings!

#15 Posted by R0RY (13588 posts) -

Kings

#16 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151354 posts) -

Pittsburgh Penguins.

#17 Posted by jooky1169 (3 posts) -

BLUES!

#18 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17490 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Yeah it is sad. They are a damn good team! Definitely deserve a solid fanbase.

Anyways, Wings fan for life here! As far as I am concerned the 97-98 Red Wings are possibly the greatest sports team EVER! Was so amazing watching them take the cup back to back like that, and then their bringing Konstnatinov on the ice after their repeat has to be one of the best tearjerking sports moments ever.