well,its finnaly here:next gen football.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

Madden 08 will be here soon and will bring

owner mode back with everything it had on current gen and more.

alternite uniforms

editing equipment

new superstar mode with new and improved camera veiws

new pre game show

new franchise mode with everything it had on current gen and more

better graphics

new weapons feature

gang tackling

mid air collisons

new animitions

no more animations carrying you out of bounds

trophy room

and thats basicly what we have heard so far, we might be in for a few suprises like

new mini games

a new game mode

saving replays

or stuff like that

This game will be amazing

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
thanks for telling me sumtin that has been said in 3 other threads :|:roll:
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

thanks for telling me sumtin that has been said in 3 other threads :|:roll:NetYankEagle

actually theres only one thread here thast talking about the features in it

and it looks like its dying.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Oldkingsman
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
Hahaha,Gang tackles,saving replays,pregame,alternite unis and better graphics...sounds like 2k5.Ohhh are you talking about madden...Already been done.2ksports.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

Hahaha,Gang tackles,saving replays,pregame,alternite unis and better graphics...sounds like 2k5.Ohhh are you talking about madden...Already been done.2ksports.Oldkingsman

yea madden 08 is a little outdated I mean NFL 2k4 released gang tackling, sideline catches and all that stuff 3 years ago lol im a little surprised to see madden took this long to finally put it into their game 

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oldkingsman
It's called oh oh,2k is back,better step up.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

Hahaha,Gang tackles,saving replays,pregame,alternite unis and better graphics...sounds like 2k5.Ohhh are you talking about madden...Already been done.2ksports.Oldkingsman

and the need to point that out was..... hmm no reason other then to annoy people.  he wasn't trying to compare madden to the 2kseries, which died back in 05 in case you forgot.  he was simply trying to talk about madden 08.  not make a big debate over which one was better.  the gameplay in the 2k series "may" have had the slight edge, but the 2k series paled in comparison when it came to franchise mode, which is where most people spend most of there time.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oldkingsman

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]Hahaha,Gang tackles,saving replays,pregame,alternite unis and better graphics...sounds like 2k5.Ohhh are you talking about madden...Already been done.2ksports.eitremn

and the need to point that out was..... hmm no reason other then to annoy people.  he wasn't trying to compare madden to the 2kseries, which died back in 05 in case you forgot.  he was simply trying to talk about madden 08.  not make a big debate over which one was better.  the gameplay in the 2k series "may" have had the slight edge, but the 2k series paled in comparison when it came to franchise mode, which is where most people spend most of there time.

Annoy people!You mean like you?Well my reason was to inform those who have never heard of 2ksports and their football games and give credit to where it is due,and not have those who like to ASSume madden(eitremn)is coming with something new,which has been seen and done before,And about 2k dying(lol)EA,for those who dont know bought the NFL rights after 2k5,So there would be no Comp.Punk move.But you cant keep a good game down.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="eitremn"]

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]Hahaha,Gang tackles,saving replays,pregame,alternite unis and better graphics...sounds like 2k5.Ohhh are you talking about madden...Already been done.2ksports.Oldkingsman

Annoy people!You mean like you?Well my reason was to inform those who have never heard of 2ksports and their football games and give credit to where it is due,and not have those who like to ASSume madden(eitremn)is coming with something new,which has been seen and done before,And about 2k dying(lol)EA,for those who dont know bought the NFL rights after 2k5,So there would be no Comp.Punk move.But you cant keep a good game down.

eitremn is right, it's obvious that you are just trying to annoy people and bring up an old game even though the topic creator didn't mention it or say anything bad about it for that matter! Plus, while 2K5 had "gang tackling" it's not the same as the one in Madden and NFL Fever 2000 (which I still have on PC) had gang tackling too so 2K didn't come up with it so you're wrong in saying you are just giving credit where credit is due!

Besides all that, we are talking Next Gen here and 2K5 was last gen... sure it had tuff like gang tackles and alternate unis (better graphics is FAR from the truth since every guy looked like a WR in 2K5) but they were decent at best! If you have seen the work in progress video or read any previews you would see that Madden 08 for 360 is stuffed with amazing things like mid-air collisions that look VERY true to life as well as gang tackles that are MUCH better than those of last gen systems. So the concept may not be new but this level of gang tackling (EA made an engine specifically for gang tackling) is new and is something that hasn't been done. So please read previews of Madden and think about what they are saying before you make a very uninformed remark.

Smaqaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Smaqaho
Member since 2002 • 2238 Posts

which died back in 05 in case you forgot. eitremn

More like murdered back in 05.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oldkingsman
Ok nick!You think you told me something i dont know?And try to annoy people?The only reason you and your buddy are botherd is the fact i bring up antoher football game other than your holy game of madden,Thats your problem.Madden does not put money in your pocket,But yet you defend this company that has given you less the last two years of this so called next-gen wave,So while it was last gen 2k5 had things that maddens so called next gen did not,And i dont know what is so next anything about that!So with 2k8 on the way,i can only imagine what 2ksports will do now,So read your reviews,as you have for the last few years and the promise that this years madden will be better than 05,06,07 listen to the machine,i on the other hand will go with progress and 2ksports which has proven over and over from year to year, that they can make a great football game without the hype 2k1 2k2 2k3 2k4 to 2k5 were huge leaps in inovation...while madden added a little here and a little there,they were already big,why stress and strain to make a better game,no need, the madden drones will buy it,then all of a sudden came 2k5 and its 19.95 price tag,Ohh ohhh, a better game for less,And we know what madden did after that,dont we!So i know more than you think,Nick!And if i annoy you it's because i dont sing the same tune,Too Bad...You like madden good.I have no problem with that,but dont say it's the only choice or the best.Because everybodys Different,and this year there is a choice.2k8!
DaWhatWhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 DaWhatWhat
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
Madden? Next gen?....lol
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
It's called oh oh,2k is back,better step up.Oldkingsman
Tell me did 2k5 have

Madden 08 will be here soon and will bring

Owners mode

editing equipment

new superstar mode with new and improved camera veiws

pre game show

new franchise mode with everything it had on current gen and more

better graphics

new weapons feature

and thats basicly what we have heard so far, we might be in for a few suprises like

This game will be amazing

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 eitremn

Ok nick!You think you told me something i dont know?And try to annoy people?The only reason you and your buddy are botherd is the fact i bring up antoher football game other than your holy game of madden,Thats your problem.Madden does not put money in your pocket,But yet you defend this company that has given you less the last two years of this so called next-gen wave,So while it was last gen 2k5 had things that maddens so called next gen did not,And i dont know what is so next anything about that!So with 2k8 on the way,i can only imagine what 2ksports will do now,So read your reviews,as you have for the last few years and the promise that this years madden will be better than 05,06,07 listen to the machine,i on the other hand will go with progress and 2ksports which has proven over and over from year to year, that they can make a great football game without the hype 2k1 2k2 2k3 2k4 to 2k5 were huge leaps in inovation...while madden added a little here and a little there,they were already big,why stress and strain to make a better game,no need, the madden drones will buy it,then all of a sudden came 2k5 and its 19.95 price tag,Ohh ohhh, a better game for less,And we know what madden did after that,dont we!So i know more than you think,Nick!And if i annoy you it's because i dont sing the same tune,Too Bad...You like madden good.I have no problem with that,but dont say it's the only choice or the best.Because everybodys Different,and this year there is a choice.2k8!Oldkingsman

what you fail to realize is that the 2k series is an arcade style football game, while madden is an NFL simulator.  and how does 2k's franchise mode compare to maddens hmm?  plain and simple; it doesn't.  so do not assume that i am just a madden drone, i have been playing football games for a long time now.  and please do not forget that without the madden series, football games would not be what they are today.  they basically invented the modern football style game.  they were the first to actually use all 11 players on each side of the ball.  and they've faced tough competition before the 2k series and won, why, because it's the best, that's why.  madden persists while other sports series die out.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oldkingsman
Sure ok.But again i put down what 2k had before madden.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

I'm gonna pre order this and NCAA next week.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Oldkingsman
.(LOL)die out!Right.Buying the nfl rights so another company cant make a better game is how you persist...(you are a madden head)What a joke.ok no one but madden has made a football game in the past?Gameday,tecmo,4th and inches,football simulator,microsfts football etc...If you buy the rights to all that is the nfl as well as arena,college and everything else,that does not make you better...it makes you weaker because comp brings out the best,and makes it better for everyone involved.The best!Please...When you buy people out your the only,not the best.And you say your not a drone.WoW!
Avatar image for deactivated-58e533ed44b01
deactivated-58e533ed44b01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58e533ed44b01
Member since 2003 • 1747 Posts
I have been a Madden fan since 98 and moved to 2k5 when it came out. I dont truly believe that we will see any innovation until competition is allowed again in the NFL video game market. Its plain economics, competition leads to innovation, im not at EA because of buying the rights (both companies had a chance), im mad at the NFL for selling the rights.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 eitremn

.(LOL)die out!Right.Buying the nfl rights so another company cant make a better game is how you persist...(you are a madden head)What a joke.ok no one but madden has made a football game in the past?Gameday,tecmo,4th and inches,football simulator,microsfts football etc...If you buy the rights to all that is the nfl as well as arena,college and everything else,that does not make you better...it makes you weaker because comp brings out the best,and makes it better for everyone involved.The best!Please...When you buy people out your the only,not the best.And you say your not a drone.WoW!Oldkingsman

EA didn't buy out the rights until 2006, so what the hell does that have to do with any of those other franchises that died out, huh?  you still keep ignoring what most people consider the most important mode, franchise mode.  you keep going on and on about the same thing over and over again, while ignoring what madden has over the 2k series.  you are a drone to the 2k series because you look at it's only positive aspect, gameplay, and it's arcade style gameplay at that.  not true NFL simulation, in one of the 2k games, i could run the same deep pass over and over again and score a TD everytime, you don't see that happening in madden because the defense adjusts accordingly.  so think whatever you want, but madden is superior.  some people just need something to complain about.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 andyboiii

lol madden is not "sim like" have you seen the players run in madden they can't even get skinny while trying to run through a whole between two offensive lineman, in madden so many times if a RB gets stuck behind a lineman he will just come to a complete stop and look both ways while in 2k football if a RB gets stuck he can actually stick his arm out put it on the back of the lineman and grind it out for a few more yards

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Oldkingsman
It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights  to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Hey ya'll you do no 2k8 won't have any- Franchise mode, Player ratings, ESPN License, The Crib mode, or the First person football that we all loved.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 andyboiii
^ didn't care for Crib mode, didn't care for First person football either(seriously who else actually played that more then once), the gameplay is the only reason I buy 2k football games.  I don't buy a game for the extra features in it I buy it for for the gameplay just like the first 2k football for dreamcast
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eitremn

It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights  to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.Oldkingsman

yet you keep continuing to ignore what makes madden superior.  i never said it didn't have it's flaws, so does every game.  2k sold 2k5 for $20 because it's a watered down arcade football game that you can throw bombs in all day long.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oldkingsman

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights  to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.eitremn

yet you keep continuing to ignore what makes madden superior.  i never said it didn't have it's flaws, so does every game.  2k sold 2k5 for $20 because it's a watered down arcade football game that you can throw bombs in all day long.

Says you!And you are?My point is Madden is madden and has not made great strides in gameplay,only fluff and features,they keep it simple for people like you(who believe madden is not arcade)Please it's a video game,And again you can think whatever you want just dont tell me it's better or superior because it's how you feel!That means nothing,Nothing at all!If you like Madden(sigh)then Good for you,Buy it and move on with the rest,It's a matter of choice,whats good to someone else is not always the same for the other person.AGAIN we will just have to wait and see.
Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oldkingsman

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights  to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.eitremn

Ohh BTW,your blind rant did not address why the need to buy the NFL rights if they are so muhc better than the rest??I will take this off the air"eitremn"Thanks for playing.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eitremn
[QUOTE="eitremn"]

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights  to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.Oldkingsman

Ohh BTW,your blind rant did not address why the need to buy the NFL rights if they are so muhc better than the rest??I will take this off the air"eitremn"Thanks for playing.

they bought the rights to the NFL because they had the opportunity and it makes good business sense to do so.  it would have made just as much sense if the 2k series would have gotten off there butts and bought the rights.  but instead they chose to buy the exclusive 3rd party rights for baseball.  and they are still losing that war to mlb the show, so it seems no matter where 2k go's, they lose.  coincidence, i think not.  and you have yet to comment on how much better maddens franchise mode is to 2k's, which was absolutely pathetic at best.  so i say again, madden is a far superior product and they should have the rights to the NFL if anyone is to have them at all.  not some 5 year old arcade style football franchise.  if they were going to give the rights to that, they might as well of given them to midway.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Oldkingsman
hahaha,its About money smart guy!Thats why the deal was made,EA can out bid any company in the game,and thats why they got the deal(take your head out of maddens arse)You are so blind it hurts!Now run along and play madden .So it had nothing at all to do with 2k,and everything to do with not wanting to compete.Plain and Simple.So take your blind and narrow thinking self elsewhere with that garbage.
Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Oldkingsman
QUOTE]Says you!And you are?My point is Madden is madden and has not made great strides in gameplay,only fluff and features,they keep it simple for people like you(who believe madden is not arcade)Please it's a video game,And again you can think whatever you want just dont tell me it's better or superior because it's how you feel!That means nothing,Nothing at all!If you like Madden(sigh)then Good for you,Buy it and move on with the rest,It's a matter of choice,whats good to someone else is not always the same for the other person.AGAIN we will just have to wait and see.

Again!my point is you like madden,Great!Good for you.But dont put your crap on me ,and tell me its a better game.Thats a matter of opinion.how many ways and times must i say it to you.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 andyboiii
eitremn you keep saying 2k football is arcadish yet why is it that when I went to the arcade a week ago I saw madden being played hmm I don't think they put "sim like" games at the arcade do they? lol btw if madden is so sim like why did it take so long for them to put in gang tackling and sideline catches into their game while 2k football had that back in 2k4. Seems to me Madden tries to focus more on features rather then build on their gameplay however this year madden does look promising so we will just all have to wait till both games come out to actually see the final verdict
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.Oldkingsman
The NFL league wanted to go exclusive. It's not like EA opened up that option, the NFL did. Then everyone made there bids and not only was the price was right(Technically both companys could have paid for the exclusive rights money qasn't the big issue. The Issue was the NFL wanted to choose a Developer that was open to enforcing the rules of football and make a more accurate NFL game.Remember when NFL Quarterback Club for the N64? Acclaim had the exclusive rights to the NFL license the first year and madden came out without a NFL License, Guess wich sold better?
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 eitremn

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.peacebringer
The NFL league wanted to go exclusive. It's not like EA opened up that option, the NFL did. Then everyone made there bids and not only was the price was right(Technically both companys could have paid for the exclusive rights money qasn't the big issue. The Issue was the NFL wanted to choose a Developer that was open to enforcing the rules of football and make a more accurate NFL game.Remember when NFL Quarterback Club for the N64? Acclaim had the exclusive rights to the NFL license the first year and madden came out without a NFL License, Guess wich sold better?

this is what i've been saying, madden has beaten any other companys in the past.  so it shouldn't come as a surprise when they beat the 2k series out.  because madden is superior in almost every way, and according to the hype behind madden 08, it will now be superior in EVERY way.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oldkingsman
[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.peacebringer

OMG!do you believe your own B.S.Please...QB club was worse than madden!DUH!Ofcourse it sold better,that was not hard to do.And any body who thinks money was not the factor in this is dumber than i thought.EA has money to burn,a lot of other companies didnt bid at all knowing ea was is in the fold,2k being one of them.More accurate NFL GAME???NO Money!Ea and the NFL dont run on food stamps.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eitremn

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.Oldkingsman

OMG!do you believe your own B.S.Please...QB club was worse than madden!DUH!Ofcourse it sold better,that was not hard to do.And any body who thinks money was not the factor in this is dumber than i thought.EA has money to burn,a lot of other companies didnt bid at all knowing ea was is in the fold,2k being one of them.More accurate NFL GAME???NO Money!Ea and the NFL dont run on food stamps.

the NFL doesn't "need" a videogame to run on either.  nor does EA need madden to run on.  so no, i'm sure money wasn't the only factor.  the NFL recognized the superiority of madden and chose EA!

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oldkingsman

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.eitremn

Look Clowns,it's money that got the deal done,Madden has been around 20plus years people know the name,they have ad support etc,they have big bucks,the nfl has big bucks,And it is untrue that the nfl came a knocking on ea's door other game makers were cutting into their market,although small(28 percent at the time)intrest in other football game makers was growing,and at 19.95 people had no reason not to give 2k a try...So what does ea do??They brought their check books and a plan,If you have a problem with this,Go and google madden and ea merger.So think what you want and make up stories to make your little game shine,im not buying it and could careless,Just dont put down others who want something different.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Oldkingsman

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.eitremn

the NFL doesn't "need" a videogame to run on either.  nor does EA need madden to run on.  so no, i'm sure money wasn't the only factor.  the NFL recognized the superiority of madden and chose EA!

I never said they needed anything,so stop dreaming and making things up.The name madden and Money.Period.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 eitremn
[QUOTE="eitremn"]

[QUOTE="Oldkingsman"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Oldkingsman"]It's cool andyboii,ertremn is lost and caught up in madden land it happens,Ea bought the rights to the NFL,before 2k could make another football game,Right?Why do you think that is?Hmmm?You would think that with all the drones buying their game,they wouldn't have to Buy the Rights to anything,Right?I mean they are far more superior,Right?why should they care if antother company makes an NFL game,Right?Wrong!They did what most cowards do when they see trouble(2k5,19.95,better game for the money)They Ran(bought the rights)FACT!But believe what you want,Just tell me why they would care about another NFL game if theirs is so great!Hmmm?Why the punk move?Just make a better game and keep up.Oldkingsman

I never said they needed anything,so stop dreaming and making things up.The name madden and Money.Period.

well then what is that saying huh?  and if you actually read about how it took place, there were 5 other companies that were trying to get this exclusive deal done.  and madden hasn't even been around for 20 years yet, so please come back when you know what your talking about.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 andyboiii
lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask me
Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Oldkingsman
When i dont  type the word "need"in a sentence,and you still show me the sentence,You have problems.And are making things up.Sad.if madden means that much to you,then fine. i have no more to say.Madden is your life and you are willing to fabricate and twist facts.Well...i like 2ksports and all,but there is a line i dont cross.It's not that important,you keep being Narrow minded.Later.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 peacebringer

When i dont type the word "need"in a sentence,and you still show me the sentence,You have problems.And are making things up.Sad.if madden means that much to you,then fine. i have no more to say.Madden is your life and you are willing to fabricate and twist facts.Well...i like 2ksports and all,but there is a line i dont cross.It's not that important,you keep being Narrow minded.Later.Oldkingsman
you defend 2k or bring it up in any thread that has the word Madden, you my sir have a vendeta. I don't dwele on wich is better i buy them both cause there differant. If 2k would have gotten the NFL license when that contract would expire the NFL would have choosen Madden caus they would have seen that madden still sold more(thats what happened to QB club on 64) So here the thing you do not seem to comprehend, If you were lets say Peyton Manning and you contracts up and you get a 5 million deal to a team that whas no shot in winning a super Bowl, but then you get a Deal for 4 million on a team that has some great talent and is 1 year removed from the Super Bowl , just cause one team is offering you more money doesn't mean you "Have" to take it you can take what best for your future. thats what the NFL did, they chose what would be best for there future. You seem to still be jaded that the NFL agreed to be exclusive with Madden.(people just look at his post history it's sad most about 2k vs Madden claimg 2k is better) It's ok if it makes you sleep betetr, if 2k won the bid on the license Madden would still sell more.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 peacebringer
lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask meandyboiii
Um ok well heres something thats gonna trip you out, out ready? Since when was Videogame reviewers NFL fans? many of them don't even watch Football, there reviewing it as a football game but if you read there reviews some of the stuff they ask for are not in the NFL, they want a mroe fun game cause there not real football fans(so they choose 2k wich is for more casual football fans) but i am a big NFL fan and most my friends are to and those people love madden . I saw a review for madden once and the guy says , "there no excuse to drop a ball being wide open" that just shows what they know about football, ask any NFL choach they will say "Dropping a ball wide open is unacceptible but it happens in the NFL remember that wide open guy in the playoffs for seatle and he droped it? remember TO dropping the ball 3 times last year wide open? it happens and that why it's in Madden. NFL 2k takes that away cause it's trying to be more flashy and exiting but it's not trying to be like Football. If you watch football then you would know anything can happen even Kicking a 64 yard fieldgoal to win the game(the Bucs last year)
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 andyboiii

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask mepeacebringer
Um ok well heres something thats gonna trip you out, out ready? Since when was Videogame reviewers NFL fans? many of them don't even watch Football, there reviewing it as a football game but if you read there reviews some of the stuff they ask for are not in the NFL, they want a mroe fun game cause there not real football fans(so they choose 2k wich is for more casual football fans) but i am a big NFL fan and most my friends are to and those people love madden . I saw a review for madden once and the guy says , "there no excuse to drop a ball being wide open" that just shows what they know about football, ask any NFL choach they will say "Dropping a ball wide open is unacceptible but it happens in the NFL remember that wide open guy in the playoffs for seatle and he droped it? remember TO dropping the ball 3 times last year wide open? it happens and that why it's in Madden. NFL 2k takes that away cause it's trying to be more flashy and exiting but it's not trying to be like Football. If you watch football then you would know anything can happen even Kicking a 64 yard fieldgoal to win the game(the Bucs last year)

If madden is more sim like and not as arcady and flashy as 2k why did it take madden so long to put in gang tackling and sideline catches if you watch real football which you say you do you see it in almost every game so why didn't madden incorporate that in there game while 2k football had that feature back in 2k4, seems to me madden tries to focus on all the other features rather then their gameplay 

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 peacebringer

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask meandyboiii

If madden is more sim like and not as arcady and flashy as 2k why did it take madden so long to put in gang tackling and sideline catches if you watch real football which you say you do you see it in almost every game so why didn't madden incorporate that in there game while 2k football had that feature back in 2k4, seems to me madden tries to focus on all the other features rather then their gameplay

WOW 2 things. Madden used to have gangle tackles but they took it out when they overhauled the game engine) but anyways gang Tackles and Sidleline catches to not make the NFL what it is EA was busy on other stuff in the game not little animations like Gang tackles and sideline catches. This arguement is so silly you 2 guys really are something else.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 eitremn
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask mepeacebringer

WOW 2 things. Madden used to have gangle tackles but they took it out when they overhauled the game engine) but anyways gang Tackles and Sidleline catches to not make the NFL what it is EA was busy on other stuff in the game not little animations like Gang tackles and sideline catches. This arguement is so silly you 2 guys really are something else.

it's funny isn't it?  how they just keep bring up the same thing over and over again because they know not what they talk about.  who cares that gang tackles or sideline catches weren't in madden yet, they were to busy worrying about what's important.  real football fans play madden.  all of my football loving friends play madden and hated the 2k series.  i have tried both, and i still love madden.  and the reviews hold very little weight, because as peacebringer wrote, they don't know football.

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Oldkingsman

Little things like gangtackles?OMG!When have you seen an NFL game without more than one man bringing down the ball carrier??Little things?thats a Joke.You say your not biased,but you make up things that no one in their right mind would,meaning lies,as if your going to change someones mind,and all of a sudden their going to say"wow! i didnt know that"your right!i now think madden is better!Please...you cant spell,you cant even make up a decent story,and no one cares if you say 2k is this 2k is that,You know why??Because your an EA fanboy with a narrow mind,i told you over and over,Ea has Big money,And therefore were the front runners for the NFL rights,also their name(madden)is known on a larger scale then 2k and others why wouldn't the NFL choose them,from a Biz side it makes sense...But as their games have proved,that does not make them better!People have not had a choice the last few years,so you cant say madden is better,Because they have been the only football game out,who do they compete against, Themselves!So please..get off maddens Ballz and stop dreaming up stuff to prove a point you dont have.If madden turns out to be great this year,Cool!If not,life goes on,the same with 2k8.But dont Try and tell me what to think,and what all of theese so called people said,i have my own mind,and can see for myself.Thank You very much.Now Scram Peacebringer!You and the other hater,Go and have a madden party,Just be sure to pay the fat man first.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 andyboiii
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask meeitremn

who cares that gang tackles or sideline catches weren't in madden yet, they were to busy worrying about what's important.

O please elaborate on what you think is important to madden games I would really love to know, is it the superstar mode? is it the controlling of the lead blocker? is it the qb vision? all those things will never change the SOS gameplay of madden games every year, why is it whenever you run in madden and you can't find a hole the RB will just stand there behind the lineman until he is tackled, while in nfl 2k games the RB will actually put his arm on the O lineman and grind it out for a few more yards just as in real life you tell me which game is more realistic

btw this will also be my last post in this topic I don't want to be suspended again for "flaming" in another 2k v madden thread

Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oldkingsman
You cant reason with a rock,it just makes you silly for trying.I dont even care if they think madden is a better game,Just dont tell me it's more sim,With its passing flashlight and stumbling runners behind the LOS,lack of gangtackles(06 07)i mean i could go on and on but why??I am not trying to sell anything,It's just rather funny.Thats what is called Sim.WOW!Stevie Wonder can see more clearly.