Tiki Barber..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 punisher7801
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts
Hall of Famer or Not??
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
He hasn't played long enough to be considered a HoF player. He was a 3rd down back early in his career and about 6 years ago he became a regular back. Needs more yards/TD's. I say no.
punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 punisher7801
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts
ESPN had a poll with the same question and 61 percent voted no and 39 percent said yes..
numismatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 numismatic
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
A more important question is do you think Tiki Barber cares about the Hall of Fame ala Brett Favre? I don't think so. I Think he has exploited football to further his own ambitions which is journalism. I know that on some level he must care about the hall of fame but to him Football was never the end game, it is just a phase. I think it is sad that Brett Favre said He can't think of anything outside of football that is why he is retiring, it is sad because he has made loads of money, went to college and is a recognizable personality. For him there is much more to life outside of football and no I am not talking about becoming a talking head on tv. I admire Tiki's decision on a personal level, he is showing kids everywhere that football can only take you so far if you make it.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts
Not.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

No.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Tiki was good but not great,  so I dont thik he is Hall of Fame bound
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
He hasn't played long enough to be considered a HoF player. He was a 3rd down back early in his career and about 6 years ago he became a regular back. Needs more yards/TD's. I say no.KoFoNiO
More yards? Has the the most yards from the line of scrimmage in NFL History. But I do not think he is a HOF.
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
i wish he could be but nah i dont think so
gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamelord2004
Member since 2004 • 1448 Posts
He hasn't been great for long enough. He's only been great for the last couple years, so no
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
He wont be a hall of famer because he didnt start long enough, his last few years have been stellar but not enough to salitifty himself a ligitament hall of famer. A few more years at this level no doubt, because he would probabaly have 100 touchdowns from rushing ,reciving, and a few punt returns tochdowns in his earlier years, and about marshall faulk type yards from scrimmage. Shame on Hassel for not realizing Ron Dayne was huff early enough, it cost him his job. Tikis brother Rhonde will be in the hall with brooks and Sapp for lasting a few more years. Tony Dungy....WoW.
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerMan97
Member since 2006 • 6363 Posts
nope
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerMan97
Member since 2006 • 6363 Posts
nope
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bookmeister
He wont be a hall of famer because he didnt start long enough, his last few years have been stellar but not enough to salitifty himself a ligitament hall of famer. A few more years at this level no doubt, because he would probabaly have 100 touchdowns from rushing ,reciving, and a few punt returns tochdowns in his earlier years, and about marshall faulk type yards from scrimmage. Shame on Hassel for not realizing Ron Dayne was huff early enough, it cost him his job. Tikis brother Rhonde will be in the hall with brooks and Sapp for lasting a few more years. Tony Dungy....WoW.
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bookmeister
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bookmeister
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bookmeister
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
As a NY Giants fan, I want him to be a hall of famer but I really don't think that's going to happen. Oh well.. I'll miss him alot.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="KoFoNiO"]He hasn't played long enough to be considered a HoF player. He was a 3rd down back early in his career and about 6 years ago he became a regular back. Needs more yards/TD's. I say no.nygiants1080
More yards? Has the the most yards from the line of scrimmage in NFL History. But I do not think he is a HOF.

I agree, I don't think he is HOF worthy (imo), but I bet he will get in anyway.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
[QUOTE="nygiants1080"][QUOTE="KoFoNiO"]He hasn't played long enough to be considered a HoF player. He was a 3rd down back early in his career and about 6 years ago he became a regular back. Needs more yards/TD's. I say no.Ngamer05

I agree, I don't think he is HOF worthy (imo), but I bet he will get in anyway.

hopefully that's the case but you never know.
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bookmeister
The hall of fame voters may get him in just because its him and he has much more to to than football
zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#22 zymase
Member since 2003 • 6568 Posts
[QUOTE="KoFoNiO"]He hasn't played long enough to be considered a HoF player. He was a 3rd down back early in his career and about 6 years ago he became a regular back. Needs more yards/TD's. I say no.nygiants1080

If the Giants fan says no I can't argue with that.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Which is why people think he should keep playing, but i think it's cool he wants to put his health in front of everything else.
sonic106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonic106
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
No, if Tiki played 2 or 3 more years he would have got in to the Hall easy.