This just in, ROGER CLEMENS now a yankee!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cubbiesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cubbiesx
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
WOOOOOOT
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Link? I just checked ESPN.COM and they didn't have any information on it.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
Yeah I don't see anything on ESPN either. Did they say something on TV?
rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 rootcactus
Member since 2004 • 2899 Posts
Its now on espn.com. Clemens announced it during the middle of the 7th inning. This is awesome.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#5 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
wow im 1 min late.
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
At least I don't have to hear about him coming back, and who he may go back to for the rest of the month. Would have like to have had him back in Boston, but we don't really need him, especially after Lester comes back and Timlin comes off the DL.
cubbiesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cubbiesx

There's a tiny AP story out now.

I found out cuz he announced it to the crowd at the stadium, watcing the game on the yankees local network here in new york.

He's talking in the booth now with the broadcasters. 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I love it.  The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN.  If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all.  What an idiot.
rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rootcactus

There's a tiny AP story out now.

I found out cuz he announced it to the crowd at the stadium, watcing the game on the yankees local network here in new york.

He's talking in the booth now with the broadcasters.

cubbiesx

Yeah, I'm watching the YES network too. I'm mad cuz I missed the announcement though, I've pretty much watched the whole game except for the top of the 7th and the announcement. All of a sudden I came back from what I was doing  and I see them showing how he get his 300th win and then they put him down as a choice for the player of the game. I was just sitting there asking myself did I miss something here?  

rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rootcactus

I love it. The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN. If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all. What an idiot.murlow12

You're right, he would have chosen the Sox if he had half a brain. But he has a whole brain, therefore he chose the Yankees. 

cubbiesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cubbiesx

I love it. The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN. If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all. What an idiot.murlow12

well tavarez being the genius that he is, said that the red sox didn't need clemens.  bet you the rest of his teammates would rather have clemens than tavarez as the "fifth" starter. 

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 piper77

[QUOTE="murlow12"]I love it. The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN. If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all. What an idiot.rootcactus

You're right, he would have chosen the Sox if he had half a brain. But he has a whole brain, therefore he chose the Yankees. 

He wanted to take May and then October off I suppose. :D

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 piper77

piper, you have the ugliest sig banner and quote i've ever seen...

seriously, "vote bush"?!? 

cubbiesx

yup pretty much what schill said.

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Wow, how surprising I thought he wanted to go to the team with the biggest chance of getting a World Series ring not the team that's struggling.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 murlow12
[QUOTE="rootcactus"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]I love it. The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN. If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all. What an idiot.piper77

He wanted to take May and then October off I suppose. :D

Yep, I guess he would rather hunt and golf in October than pitch.
SHUFFY8490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SHUFFY8490
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
umm somebody must be dreaming b/c the yankees have the best shot to win the al east and clemens knows that. the red sox's starting pitching will not hold up and they only have two good hitters big papi (check that man for steroids) and manny
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I just love the frigging arrogance of the Red Sox fans, after your front office treated the greatest pitcher alive like dirt and kick him out because he was "washed up" you expect him to come "full circle" and finish his career for the Sox, what a joke.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 murlow12
I just love the frigging arrogance of the Red Sox fans, after your front office treated the greatest pitcher alive like dirt and kick him out because he was "washed up" you expect him to come "full circle" and finish his career for the Sox, what a joke.
Master_Live
If he wanted a chance to win, he should have checked his ego at the door.  And by the way, I'm about as far from a Red Sox fan as they come.  Check my sig.
Avatar image for Gretzky_99rockz
Gretzky_99rockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gretzky_99rockz
Member since 2005 • 1026 Posts
He's gonna help a struggling rotation. He'll win at least 10-15 games and that'll help out any team.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]I just love the frigging arrogance of the Red Sox fans, after your front office treated the greatest pitcher alive like dirt and kick him out because he was "washed up" you expect him to come "full circle" and finish his career for the Sox, what a joke.
murlow12
If he wanted a chance to win, he should have checked his ego at the door. And by the way, I'm about as far from a Red Sox fan as they come. Check my sig.

Its not about ego, its about dignity. The owner treated him like dirt, he was "washed up"...so much for that. Then Red Sox fans booo him every single start in Yanks uniform until the "I'm retiring" start at Fenway, bunch of hypocrites.  

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 piper77

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]I just love the frigging arrogance of the Red Sox fans, after your front office treated the greatest pitcher alive like dirt and kick him out because he was "washed up" you expect him to come "full circle" and finish his career for the Sox, what a joke.
Master_Live

If he wanted a chance to win, he should have checked his ego at the door. And by the way, I'm about as far from a Red Sox fan as they come. Check my sig.

Its not about ego, its about dignity. The owner treated him like dirt, he was "washed up"...so much for that. Then Red Sox fans booo him every single start in Yanks uniform until the "I'm retiring" start at Fenway, bunch of hypocrites.

Yankees fans aren't much better. They boo A-Rod at every chance. Talk about your hypocrites.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]I just love the frigging arrogance of the Red Sox fans, after your front office treated the greatest pitcher alive like dirt and kick him out because he was "washed up" you expect him to come "full circle" and finish his career for the Sox, what a joke.
piper77

Yankees fans aren't much better. They boo A-Rod at every chance. Talk about your hypocrites.

I agree, a lot of Yankees fan are just playing with him A-Rod's mind, me not one of them but that's another story. But I guess that if A-Rod opts-out Yankees fan wouldn't ask him to come back. Red Sox fans just need to let it go and live with the fact that you kicked out, arguably, the greatest pitcher ever and his not coming back. 

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I love it.  The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN.  If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all.  What an idiot.murlow12
He got his only two rings and formed his strongest friendships with the Yankees. I could see why he would go back to New York and get his third ring.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

umm somebody must be dreaming b/c the yankees have the best shot to win the al east and clemens knows that. the red sox's starting pitching will not hold up and they only have two good hitters big papi (check that man for steroids) and mannySHUFFY8490

:roll yea last in al no pitching team it damm to old there got no chance were the sox have a chance..

you got to be dreaming

are pitching has imporve.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wavebrid

Master_Live

and i love how the yankees fans thank there better than us.

alex slaps a-rod in the alcs and says "he was running puming is arms"

pitching coach gose right after Perdo maritnes.

a-rod asking for it.

oh yea :roll:

rocket is not the pitcher he used to be period.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wavebrid
[QUOTE="piper77"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

Master_Live

I agree, a lot of Yankees fan are just playing with him A-Rod's mind, me not one of them but that's another story. But I guess that if A-Rod opts-out Yankees fan wouldn't ask him to come back. Red Sox fans just need to let it go and live with the fact that you kicked out, arguably, the greatest pitcher ever and his not coming back. 

Just no no no no :|

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
Man, he's getting about a million dollars for every year he is over his prime. Isn't America great?(not being sarcastic)
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wavebrid

[QUOTE="murlow12"]I love it.  The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN.  If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all.  What an idiot.SuperVegeta518
He got his only two rings and formed his strongest friendships with the Yankees. I could see why he would go back to New York and get his third ring.

and tell me what year yankees won there last world series?

hmm

its been 7 years right about now

since they won a world series i think its time to get young players.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Yanks need this...

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nygiants1080

hmm

wavebrid

People act like 7 years is a long time for not winning a championship. They arn't going to win it every year. The cubs havn't won it in almost 100 years and a lot of other teams havn't won it in 20+ years. So how about once your team gets 26 championships than you can talk.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Master_Live

[QUOTE="SuperVegeta518"][QUOTE="murlow12"]I love it. The Yankees are going to miss the playoffs, and Clemens is going to fail to get a ring AGAIN. If had half a brain he would have went to the Sox, who have a good chance to win it all. What an idiot.wavebrid

and tell me what year yankees won there last world series?

hmm

So I guess the Sox were waiting 86 years for the right set of young players. 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 murlow12
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

hmm

nygiants1080

People act like 7 years is a long time for not winning a championship. They arn't going to win it every year. The cubs havn't won it in almost 100 years and a lot of other teams havn't won it in 20+ years. So how about once your team gets 26 championships than you can talk.

As a Dodger fan, I have to agree with that.  It's about history, too.  7 years isn't a long time, but the Yankees need to change their philosiphy before they win another one.
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
That's not surprising in the least bit. But I guess it's one more reason to hate the Yankees. It's kinda sad that they have to buy their wins and STILL end up losing in the postseason.
rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rootcactus
[QUOTE="nygiants1080"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

hmm

murlow12

As a Dodger fan, I have to agree with that. It's about history, too. 7 years isn't a long time, but the Yankees need to change their philosiphy before they win another one.

Agreed, 7 years really isn't that long. The Yanks are working their way back to that philosophy right now actually. While they are still going for some big name players, they aren't trading their young talent which is the key. Its about time they started doing this.  

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#37 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts

Alright, calm down kids. It's one thing to discuss the news, but if I see either side stepping out of line, I won't be afraid to make it so that you can't post until he actually makes a start.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 murlow12

Alright, calm down kids. It's one thing to discuss the news, but if I see either side stepping out of line, I won't be afraid to make it so that you can't post until he actually makes a start.

Robbie_IV
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.  Is anyone being disrespectful?  Aside from the "owned" comments by nygiants1080, nobody is violating the TOU. 
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#39 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

murlow12

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.  Is anyone being disrespectful?  Aside from the "owned" comments by nygiants1080, nobody is violating the TOU. 

Well hey, I guess besides the fan-trashing and the chest-beating and the borderline trolling, there's nothing going on here.

Which is exactly how I want it to stay.

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts

Master_Live

He played had "injuries" for 3 straight seasons then plays like himself in his contract year. He's an egotistical douchebag and treated the fans like crap. Also, at least we don't boo an MVP.

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

hmm

nygiants1080

Most teams don't spend 180 million on players.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nygiants1080

Most teams don't spend 180 million on players. jeebuscrust

If you have the money...why not?

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jeebuscrust

[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]Most teams don't spend 180 million on players. nygiants1080

If you have the money...why not?

I never said that, I was saying that was the reason why most teams haven't won a WS for a while. Â