The free throw discrepancy continues...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

The Pistons were awarded two free throws in the entire first half of game three of the eastern conference semis.

There was a huge free throw discrepancy in the last game as well, but due to Chicago playing like garbage and the Pistons being lights out (combined with Chicago missing a lot of those extra free throws), it didn't really become a big deal...

Now... I've watched the entire first half here... and here's what I've seen...

More hustle from Chicago

Better wide open shots

Better slashing

Pistons missing a couple normal "makes"

Pistons cutting in, driving, and slashing almost as much as Chicago (yet not getting ANY calls, and NO free throws until 2 seconds left in the first half)

Chicago players taking dives all over the place everytime the Pistons try and make some space or go for a drive to the basket...

There is something seriously wrong with the inconsistency of the officiating in these playoffs (specifically this series). If it weren't for stellar Piston play in their first two games, this series could easily be 1-1 instead with all the momentum in Chicagos hands.

It isn't very often that a team with Ben Wallace on it, that was known to play physical D BEFORE he got there, doesn't commit a SINGLE foul to put someone on the line until 23 minutes and 58 seconds into the game. Nor did they go over the foul limit. Yet legit lookin blocks on the Detroit end get calls because Chicagos players are more animated when they fall (Manu Ginobli syndrome). Let's not also forget the last couple times Detroit won a championship, the lovely way in which the league took it (not to mention the way the league couldn't stand Pistons V Spurs, even considering that went 7 games for them). I'm starting to really get pissed with the way the league is treating certain teams and players.

Yes, I know, some will say that Detroit, with two of its players owning the top two slots for most technicals in the season for arguing, oughta be happy it's not even worse... but to you I say this... what player DOESN'T complain? What player DOESN'T throw his hands up and occasionally stomp around like a baby when he's called (unfairly in his mind) for a foul? Not many.

I want a fair series. Not a series that will get dumped on in terms of officiating crew accuracy every time it heads to the United Center.

The numbers are there, and they don't lie.

There aren't too many teams that can play a physical style of D and end up only costing themselves two free throws for an entire half legitimately...

This league is starting to get less and less watchable. From the "no balls" manuevers of most teams at the trade deadline to guys like Doc Rivers getting extensions for doing **** jobs, I'm starting to lose a lot of respect for a league I once looked up to for doing a fine job officiating and taking care of a very hard league to look after.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Can we agree to never talk about this game 3 again? *bashes head on keyboard*