The Detroit Lions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
so what do you think the Lions are going to end up doing with the second pick of the draft?  personally i think they will trade down to 4 and draft gaines!  it would also be nice if the raiders drafted johnson and the lions got Russell!  of course johnson wouldn't be a bad choice either, but would millen be brave enough to draft yet again a wide receiver?
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts

There gonna draft Calvin Johnson.They just can't refuse a WR.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
They should trade down, but I have a feeling no one will trade with em....they draft Gaines Adams with the 2nd pick.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts

There gonna draft Calvin Johnson.They just can't refuse a WR.

jimmygrace

You know what the sad thing is, is that ESPN reported that yes, that they are considering picking him up.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.pundog

They should take Brady Quinn, good WR's are no good if you don't have anyone to pass the ball to them.

Sportsnut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sportsnut101
Member since 2003 • 7538 Posts

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.Nene33

They should take Brady Quinn, good WR's are no good if you don't have anyone to pass the ball to them.

Just so you know, Jon Kitna completed 62.4% of his passes last year for 4,208 yards, with 21 TDs and 22 INTs.  The INT problem could be fixed if he had some guys up front to protect him, as he was sacked 63 times.  Joe Thomas would be the best choice for them, as every team needs the solid tackle to protect the blindside of the QB.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
They need to trade their pick for a new GM. 
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="Nene33"]

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.Sportsnut101

Just so you know, Jon Kitna completed 62.4% of his passes last year for 4,208 yards, with 21 TDs and 22 INTs.  The INT problem could be fixed if he had some guys up front to protect him, as he was sacked 63 times.  Joe Thomas would be the best choice for them, as every team needs the solid tackle to protect the blindside of the QB.

Would have to agree.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eitremn
[QUOTE="Sportsnut101"][QUOTE="Nene33"]

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.mrgab

Would have to agree.

i agree with that, i would be more then happy if they took thomas!  i don't want them to take quinn, as i think he is another joey harrington type.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Sportsnut101"][QUOTE="Nene33"]

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.eitremn

Just so you know, Jon Kitna completed 62.4% of his passes last year for 4,208 yards, with 21 TDs and 22 INTs. The INT problem could be fixed if he had some guys up front to protect him, as he was sacked 63 times. Joe Thomas would be the best choice for them, as every team needs the solid tackle to protect the blindside of the QB.

Would have to agree.

i agree with that, i would be more then happy if they took thomas! i don't want them to take quinn, as i think he is another joey harrington type.

I agree as well.  I just read an article stating that the only reason Quinn was good at ND, was because of Charlie Weiss system.  It's the same that is said about Joey Harrington when he was at Oregon.  He played well under their system but fell in Detroit in a different one.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
I want Quinn or Johnson being a Detroit native we need to bring in a big draft pick player.  Passing on Leinart last year made me give up all hope for the team and now we have yet another chance to take a QB who can really prove himself to be great.  Pick up a tackle in the second round and use the first round to pick up a player for the future that can be trained for a year or two.  WE have Kitna for this season and this season only, then what.  We need a good new QB for next season.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="Nene33"]

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.Sportsnut101

Just so you know, Jon Kitna completed 62.4% of his passes last year for 4,208 yards, with 21 TDs and 22 INTs. The INT problem could be fixed if he had some guys up front to protect him, as he was sacked 63 times. Joe Thomas would be the best choice for them, as every team needs the solid tackle to protect the blindside of the QB.

Kitna was adequate last season, but wont take a team anywhere.  The Lions need a QB of the future.  They also need OL help which can be added in the 2nd round and on.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eitremn
[QUOTE="Sportsnut101"][QUOTE="Nene33"]

[QUOTE="pundog"]They'll take Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn. They have Mike Martz running the offense, time to get him some good players.bunchofpixels

Kitna was adequate last season, but wont take a team anywhere.  The Lions need a QB of the future.  They also need OL help which can be added in the 2nd round and on.

Tackles like Thomas don't make it to the second round.  For once the Lions need to do what is best for the team and not what everyone in the media and wherever else thinks they should do.  someone like Thomas can only make the team better, other players are so so, they might be great and might not.  It's a huge risk drafting a QB in the top 10, and i don't think the Lions can afford to take anymore risks like that at this point.

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

so what do you think the Lions are going to end up doing with the second pick of the draft?  personally i think they will trade down to 4 and draft gaines!  it would also be nice if the raiders drafted johnson and the lions got Russell!  of course johnson wouldn't be a bad choice either, but would millen be brave enough to draft yet again a wide receiver?eitremn

I live near Clemson and am an avid fan.  If you guys get Gaines Adams then your getting one hell of a player.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eitremn

[QUOTE="eitremn"]so what do you think the Lions are going to end up doing with the second pick of the draft?  personally i think they will trade down to 4 and draft gaines!  it would also be nice if the raiders drafted johnson and the lions got Russell!  of course johnson wouldn't be a bad choice either, but would millen be brave enough to draft yet again a wide receiver?ronniemoisture

I live near Clemson and am an avid fan.  If you guys get Gaines Adams then your getting one hell of a player.

that's what i hear.  i'd definately be excited if they got him!  he's one of the things that they drastically need.

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
[QUOTE="ronniemoisture"]

[QUOTE="eitremn"]so what do you think the Lions are going to end up doing with the second pick of the draft?  personally i think they will trade down to 4 and draft gaines!  it would also be nice if the raiders drafted johnson and the lions got Russell!  of course johnson wouldn't be a bad choice either, but would millen be brave enough to draft yet again a wide receiver?eitremn

that's what i hear.  i'd definately be excited if they got him!  he's one of the things that they drastically need.

he seems like a good person too.  He could of made millions last year to come out early, but stayed on to help coach Bowden with a young defense.  I say you guys take him. He is one of the sure players in the draft. Then in the second round you could pick up a Drew Stanton or a Kevin Kolb.  No offense but you guys need to oust millen.

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

They need to trade their pick for a new GM. duxup

If only the Lions were lucky enough to have that option lol. Why people are saying that they need Gaines Adams more than they need Joe Thomas is beyond me. You can have all the weapons in the world at reciever, but if you're not upright, you're not throwing passes to anyone. They should take Thomas in the first, trade down in the 2nd and pick up a 2nd tier QB like Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eitremn

[QUOTE="duxup"]They need to trade their pick for a new GM. VERS1ON

If only the Lions were lucky enough to have that option lol. Why people are saying that they need Gaines Adams more than they need Joe Thomas is beyond me. You can have all the weapons in the world at reciever, but if you're not upright, you're not throwing passes to anyone. They should take Thomas in the first, trade down in the 2nd and pick up a 2nd tier QB like Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton.

i never said that they needed adams more then thomas, just that i would be happy if they did end up taking adams since they do really need a solid front 4 pass rush in order for the defense to work.  you can throw touchdowns all day long, but if you can't stop the other team from scoring as well then what's the point.  indy is a perfect example of that, their defense sucked this season and it showed, as soon as their defense got hot in the playoffs, bam they won a superbowl.  defenses win championships, plain and simple.

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
[QUOTE="VERS1ON"]

[QUOTE="duxup"]They need to trade their pick for a new GM. eitremn

i never said that they needed adams more then thomas, just that i would be happy if they did end up taking adams since they do really need a solid front 4 pass rush in order for the defense to work. you can throw touchdowns all day long, but if you can't stop the other team from scoring as well then what's the point. indy is a perfect example of that, their defense sucked this season and it showed, as soon as their defense got hot in the playoffs, bam they won a superbowl. defenses win championships, plain and simple.

I should've clarified that I was talking about the mock drafts I've seen lately. By the same token, if you're stopping the other offense, but your own isn't producing, that's not going to do anything either. Kitna only had so many pass yards because they were playing from behind (and therefore throwing the ball) much more than normal. Kevin Jones' status is important, as the existence of a running game is important, even in a Martz-run offense.