Stanley Cup winner in 2011 is.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pookie2232 (290 posts) -

I am going to say the Calgary Flames.I would like to see Chicago win again,but I don't think they will take it.I like The Flames chances.

#2 Posted by Colin1192 (6221 posts) -

really too early to tell, but my pick is the Devils.

#3 Posted by Polybren (1679 posts) -
I'll go with Chicago or Washington, but it seems like almost all the elite teams got a bit worse this off-season.
#4 Posted by Swavo69420 (808 posts) -
Red Wings or Canucks
#5 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
Washington Capitals!!
#6 Posted by ChiSoxBombers (3701 posts) -

The Hawks. But the stinkin' salary cap has significantly hurt our chances.

#7 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Kings 8)
#8 Posted by rmerri52 (1824 posts) -
Stanley Cup Playoffs are much to unpredictable to make one.
#9 Posted by hockey73 (8200 posts) -
The Avs making a miracle run! 8)
#10 Posted by wii60_3 (2006 posts) -
The flames won't make the playoffs im sorry. I say Vancouver or the Devils if they get Kovy
#11 Posted by Seabas989 (10038 posts) -

The Washington Capitals!

#12 Posted by RaccoonChump (206 posts) -

Stanley Cup Playoffs are much to unpredictable to make one.rmerri52

+1...I love to see Chicago repeat...they can if the new role players step up but repeating in the NFL, NHL and MLB is tough

#13 Posted by JohnBean42 (2810 posts) -

It's still to early. I don't think Chicago will though. Don't count out Pittsburgh, they signed 2 big name defenseman this off-season. But...I'll go with the Flyers or Vancouver. They've improved the most IMO. I don't think the Devils can win. With or without Kovalchuk.

#14 Posted by MURDA_B (2879 posts) -

The flyers we came real close this year.

#15 Posted by NoobisMaxcimus (2893 posts) -
Uhhh are the devils any good this year? If so then them!
#16 Posted by munchlax99 (11536 posts) -

the flyers8) , i hope :P

#17 Posted by Darth_Revan_666 (2801 posts) -

Probably the Penguins. The Canadiens were the only reason why they didnt repeat :P

#18 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -

Probably the Penguins. The Canadiens were the only reason why they didnt repeat :P

Darth_Revan_666
That and the terrible play by Gonchar in that final game :P. But I do agree, I have them favored along with the Blackhawks.
#19 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -

The Washington Capitals!

Seabas989

If they ever get a consistent goaltender

#20 Posted by taj7575 (12084 posts) -

The Pittsburgh Penguins 8)

#21 Posted by Bloodaxe726 (7903 posts) -

Pittsburgh Penguins!

#22 Posted by Alisbet (96 posts) -

My pick would be St. Louis Blues.

#23 Posted by DJ_Magneto (4675 posts) -
Chicago did lose a lot of key players because of the salary cap, but remember who they still have. The core is still there. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook. And despite the fact that Niemi is gone, they did pick up Marty Turco who should be more than adequate to replace him.
#24 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
as long as the pens have sid, they'll be legitimate condenders. lets see him get his second cup!!!
#25 Posted by pookie2232 (290 posts) -

I'm gonna have to say if it is not the Hawks or Flames who take the Stanley Cup,I would like to see the Washington Capitals take it.

#26 Posted by xscrapzx (6388 posts) -

Boston Bruins.

#27 Posted by LeafsCentral (3 posts) -
Toronto Maple Leafs! haha, just kidding. Its way to early to tell.
#28 Posted by DA_B0MB (9938 posts) -
It kills me to say this but I'm going with the Penguins. I'll always root for my Rangers but I don't think this is the year for them, though they are in the right direction in my mind.
#29 Posted by InterpolWilco (2487 posts) -
They keep burning me year after year, but I'm gonna pick the Canucks again this year. That team is just so well rounded. Love their depth as well as their young talent coming in and complimenting the veterans. Plus they have one of the Top Goaltenders in the game.
#30 Posted by Zombiekiller360 (364 posts) -

Los Angleles Kings

#31 Posted by DA_B0MB (9938 posts) -
[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]They keep burning me year after year, but I'm gonna pick the Canucks again this year. That team is just so well rounded. Love their depth as well as their young talent coming in and complimenting the veterans. Plus they have one of the Top Goaltenders in the game.

A goaltender who can't raise his game in the playoffs. I can understand why many people pick the Canucks a lot though. Probably the best ran franchise without a cup right now.