Spurs stuff

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I am sick to death of the disrespect the san antonio spurs get.

3 titles since 1999! Tim Duncan is the best overall player in the NBA and consistently makes everyone around him into all stars.

every year they are near the finals. some say phoenix got robbed but y'know what?

A Champion overcomes that and beats their foe. If Steve Nash is so great why couldn't he win that Game 5?

And 2006 the Mavs almost choked away their 3-1 lead on the spurs but Manu made a dumb play (Nowitzki took a 2 when spurs were up 3 with 10 seconds left and Manu tried to block it thus resulting in a foul, just let him have the two!)

the NBA (David Stern) even said later on that that play with Dirk and Manu was a blown call by the officials.

But do the spurs complain? Nope. Because they have intergity and they aren't cry babies. They are the hardest working team in the NBA with the pistons right behind and soon we'll have a classic 2005 finals rematch to watch.

danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

with that said the SUNS got robbed

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Spurs aren't crybabies? Heck, I bet Tim Duncan and/or Bruce Bowen have broken Danny Ainge's record for most fouls whined about.

And Suns couldn't win Game 5 cause they were tired.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
As much respect as I have for the Spurs, the Suns were robbed, any remaining success the Spurs have is tainted. Nash played something like 45 minutes in game 5, and Marion wasn't far behind, those minutes killed them. For example at the end of game 5 Nash (as in arguably one of the best pointguards ever Steve Nash) double dribbled. Thats a mistake a guy like me who plays the odd game of pickup ball never makes, thats how tired Nash was.
Hook_Em

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hook_Em
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Suns lost 4 games. Including game 6 with all their players. Bottom line they only won 2 and you need 4 to advance. Great teams win on the road, like SA who won 2 out of 3 in Pheonix. Suns lost, Get over it Suns fan.
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
The Spurs are just boring in most people's eyes.  I don't see it any other way.  They have great talent and a fantastic coach, but fans demand offense these days.  Everyone has to admit that Duncan, while great, is as interesting as cardboard.  Not that a player has to be flamboyant to be good, but it's worth something to have a little personality when interviewed after a game or at halftime.  The fact that he has "never committed a foul" is also a little offputting.  Some of their players also defend questionably (Bowen putting his feet under shooters, Ginobili flying across the floor wheneve someone lays a finger on him).  I am not putting it all on the Spurs because other teams have players that do this (Varejaeo, for example).  Flopping is just uncool basketball.  It can get results, but I prefer solid defense instead of depending on the refs to bail you out.  The Pistons are a great defensive team and they don't take charges or flop to get results (I am not a Pistons fan, btw).  I don't wish anything bad on the Spurs, but I feel that my points are valid.  Â