possible nfl trade rumor. (mcnabb to chitown)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

yeah it was only on yahoo.com but still.

philly trades mcnabb to chicago for briggs. or something along those lines. briggs doesnt want to play for chicago (he just wants money and if chicago gave it he would chance his tune). and mcnabb is upset with the drafting of a qb. if this happened bears would have

donovan mcnabb

rex grossman

brian griese

kyle orton

chris leak

mcnabb is new number one. then either orton, grossman or both are gone i think leak and griese stay with team.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
On paper this would be a good trade for Chicago, but why would Philly do this?  It would put them in a rebuilding stage for the next 3 years.  Plus, McNabb can't stay healthy for a whole season, so he wouldn't be the Bears savior by any stretch of the imagination.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
he has shown injury problems. yet bears used to that with grossman but he was healthy this year so maybe bears can ressurrect(sp) mcnabb.
Avatar image for WeWillMissAllen
WeWillMissAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WeWillMissAllen
Member since 2006 • 573 Posts
No way, Bears get the better end.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
Unless it's Briggs and next years first rounder this won't happen. The Eagles should win their division this year, but without McNabb they won't.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I doubt this will happen, so I'm not even going to comment...
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Unless it's Briggs and next years first rounder this won't happen. The Eagles should win their division this year, but without McNabb they won't.nickmag
yeah i agree. But i wouldn't give the division to the eagles just yet. The cowboys are looking to make a run this year.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
WILL NOT HAPPEN. End of discussion. Doesn't make sense in the first place, especially for Philly, esp. now with no back up QB like Garcia to groom Kolb.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Chicago's D is so good that I'm not entirely sure Briggs is that great a player.  We see defensive guys like that come off teams like that and it can easily turn out to be that they looked a lot better than they were because of the team they were on.  Also if I were the Eagles Briggs attitude doesn't help me much .  The guy wants his money and is throwing a fit.  What happens the next time he wants money and he's on the Eagles team, or if he sucks and you want him to take a bit pay cut so you can get other players...?

Not a good trade for the Eagles IMO, and even Chicago would have reason to be concerned about McNabb's health.

Seems like a bad trade either way. 

Tondre22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Tondre22
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
i would poop my pants if this happened...
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
um wtf the eagles dont even need briggs with the ldefense they have
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
It is not happening. I heard this come up like 2-3 months ago, everyone crushed it. Reps from both teams declined that talks were being held. Briggs may go to Philly, but McNabb is NOT going anywhere. Quote me, I don't care.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I really don't see this happening -- but if it did, I would be THRILLED as a Bears fan.
Ninety-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ninety-2
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

Chicago's D is so good that I'm not entirely sure Briggs is that great a player. We see defensive guys like that come off teams like that and it can easily turn out to be that they looked a lot better than they were because of the team they were on. Also if I were the Eagles Briggs attitude doesn't help me much . The guy wants his money and is throwing a fit. What happens the next time he wants money and he's on the Eagles team, or if he sucks and you want him to take a bit pay cut so you can get other players...?

Not a good trade for the Eagles IMO, and even Chicago would have reason to be concerned about McNabb's health.

duxup

The Eagles would be foolish to make that trade. That move could put the Bears over the top. By the way dux, I never quite got your sig, what exactly has got Homer so excited?

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]

Chicago's D is so good that I'm not entirely sure Briggs is that great a player. We see defensive guys like that come off teams like that and it can easily turn out to be that they looked a lot better than they were because of the team they were on. Also if I were the Eagles Briggs attitude doesn't help me much . The guy wants his money and is throwing a fit. What happens the next time he wants money and he's on the Eagles team, or if he sucks and you want him to take a bit pay cut so you can get other players...?

Ninety-2

The Eagles would be foolish to make that trade. That move could put the Bears over the top. By the way dux, I never quite got your sig, what exactly has got Homer so excited?

its the score to the ZELDA for the wii. Lots o fWii fanboys argued about the score in System wars callin ggamespot biased and stuff so i guess dux made a sig making fun of them
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Now this would be interesting... but I doubt it'll happen.
Avatar image for XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
Member since 2005 • 1483 Posts

I really don't see this happening -- but if it did, I would be THRILLED as a Bears fan.JML897

Same here, it would be exciting to see McNabb in a Bears uniform.