Phillip Hughes looks like a young clemens...........NOT!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts

Remember when Jason Giambi faced Yankees highly touted pitching prospect in spring training and said he looked like a young clemens. Well you can just put an end to the comparisons early because he looks more like bum then a number one or two. His fastball barely hits 93 and his breaking pitches aren't exactly impressive to say the least. 

I feel bad for the yankees if there only pitching prospects are karstens, hughes, and that other guy who gave up four consecutive home runs to the red sox, there in trouble....

RPG10080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RPG10080
Member since 2005 • 7075 Posts
Clemons didn't have an impressive debut either. Give the guy some time before bashing him
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
Not even of age to drink legally.......he pitched 4 1/3 innings and allowed 4 runs with 5 strikeouts against the rolling Jays at Yankee Stadium in his first MLB start. If the yankee offense was their usual self they'd score more than 4 runs easily. unfortunately for hughes they didnt score ANY. How many 20 year olds can do that much? Hes going to be good. Probably great.
nailz83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nailz83
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts

IP   H  R ER BB SO HR  ERA

Hughes (L, 0-1)4.1  7  4   4   1     5   0   8.31

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
According to your post after a person makes one bad start, they are automatically horrible can never amount to any thing.
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Hughes is conisdered not only the best Yankee pitching prospect, but the entire minor leagues best young pitching phenom.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
I'm a huge Jays fan, and I hate the Yankees, but even I have to admit he wasn't bad. Now, saying that he's the best pitching prospect is going too far.
Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts
Ok, I should give the kid credit because he didn't pitch horrible. But if your a yankee fan you should be pretty worried because you guys need someone to come up from the minors and wow the league and it looks like you don't have that as of yet. The only hope yanks fans have is that other highly touted prospect pitcher, the dominican one, he is probably going to be good.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Oh my, oh my. You are obsessed with the Yankees, making any kind of judgement on Phil Hughes(which by the way is how he likes to be called) its irresponsible, nonsense and moronic. He has the stuff, he has the makeup, now he needs the experience.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Remember when Jason Giambi faced Yankees highly touted pitching prospect in spring training and said he looked like a young clemens. Well you can just put an end to the comparisons early because he looks more like bum then a number one or two. His fastball barely hits 93 and his breaking pitches aren't exactly impressive to say the least.

I feel bad for the yankees if there only pitching prospects are karstens, hughes, and that other guy who gave up four consecutive home runs to the red sox, there in trouble....

schoolisnotkool

Can you get any more bias? I like the Red Sox too, but I am not going to put down on a 20 year old kid because he plays for the Yankees and played one bad game. He's only 20. He will only get better... 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

*yawn*

Clemens Debut
May 15, 1984 vs.CLE

5.7 IP, 11 H, 4 SO, 3 BB, 4 ER

you never seem to amaze me and Hughes is only 20 years old

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
I'm a huge Jays fan, and I hate the Yankees, but even I have to admit he wasn't bad. Now, saying that he's the best pitching prospect is going too far.UssjTrunks
Look it up he is the number one prospect he has been said to become the next Clemens.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
Way to rip on a kid who was scheduled for at least another year in the minors before he was yanked up less than a month into the season to pitch against pros. He looked fine considering the circumstances, and it doesn't change all the scouting reports and past success Hughes has going for him. I swear people see pinstripes and hatevision kicks in.
bdtoole05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bdtoole05
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts
Not a bad game for a young guy's debut. Not a bad game at all. I will say however that theankees rotatio is god awful. Petite, who is normally a great pitcher, gave up a ton of runs today. Igawa is Terrible. They r praying that clemens goes to NY over houston.