Official World Cup Thread

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Don't know why this hasn't been created before.

Who do you think will win it all?

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I was gonna make one but decided to shit on the refs instead.

Anyway, Germany just bitch slapped Portugal. 4-0. Once again the refs missed a penalty, and that red was a bit harsh but meh im not gonna blame them too much on that one. Pepe is a moron.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Man games are so unexpected and hard to predict! results like 5-1 and 4-0 are just mind-blowing !

We're minutes away from the next game, Iran Vs Nigeria ! Hope Iran be the victorious ...

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

The U.S finally beat Ghana. Thank god.

CHAOSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CHAOSpectre
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm supporting NL, but only because I'm half Dutch..

Germany and Brazil look really strong though

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

Has been a great tournament so far, looking forward to see how Belgium will play with the strength of that squad.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I'm guessing the winners will be Italy or Germany.

Italy is far from my favorite team, but the do possess an amazing team of talents, both old players and youngsters. Mario Balotelli can achieve wonders with the ball, and Pirlo.... its hard not to love Pirlo: he may not be the most physical of players, but he does possess that old man wiseness!

Germany is a powerhouse of a football side. Their work-rate is fantastic, and they are true, hard-working professional stars. Perhaps not a very "big" squad their iron-will and avoidance of injury will possibly give them the trophy. They vary their football tremendously (based on the game against Portugal) and often find gaps and nooks to attack the defense. It is easy to jump on the "band-wagon" of Germany given that if Pepe hadn't been shown the red card, the outcome of the game might have been different.

Spain also has a good team. They did get shellacked by my favorite team, Netherlands, in the opener, but this they will turn around. Spain has a really possession-like team; they are all very good with the ball at their feet. The midfield is a powerful force consisting of players like Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Juan Mata, David Silva etc. What they do lack, is a really poacher-like striker. Brazil and Argentina are also good contendors, but I believe their teams won't reach all the way. Brazil WAS the best, but now I feel most of the world has caught up with them. Argentina also has a powerful legacy, but I feel they struggle as a team (based on the game they played).

Outsiders : I think perhaps Belgium will produce a positive performance. They possess an excellent squad of young, talented players and have the ability to stun some of the more known and established teams.

My favorite teams: The Netherlands. They have always been my favorite side since I first saw Marco van Basten, Frank Rijkaard, Ruud Gullit and hans Van Breuklen (my favorite keeper at the time). They play great football!

Japan; I feel Japan can accomplish many things in a World Cup. Maybe not win the trophy, but they will prove to us Europeans (Americans and Africans) that Japan can play ball! They're disciplined and structured, play fast-paced football, and have technical abilities. Go Japan, Go!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@Put_in_Kitna said:

I was gonna make one but decided to shit on the refs instead.

Anyway, Germany just bitch slapped Portugal. 4-0. Once again the refs missed a penalty, and that red was a bit harsh but meh im not gonna blame them too much on that one. Pepe is a moron.

Pepe escalated the situation and provoked Müller. Also him headbutting him and making the physical contact does not help the matter either. Germany was way better. Ronaldo did not do much for the team except that one free kick he actually got past the one man wall

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That Mexican goalie is my new favorite player across all sports. Dude was fucking majestic against Brazil. Bailed that Mexican team out multiple times.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

I think Germany or Holland will win.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Put_in_Kitna

Spain is out. LMAO. Wow.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

Bye, bye Spain!

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Put_in_Kitna

@The_Last_Ride said:

Bye, bye Spain!

Adios Espana. (squiggly line plz)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

I am calling it now, Germany vs Brazil in the finals :3

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Put_in_Kitna

@The_Last_Ride said:

Brazil has looked like shit. Out played by Mexico and deserved a tie in that Croatia game imo. Also they might play Netherlands in round of 16, so who knows. Chile can also beat them. Yes Brazil is the home team and they will def play better than they have but im just pointing out I am not impressed by them at all and they have a tough draw ahead in the first game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50548 Posts

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Brazil has looked like shit. Out played by Mexico and deserved a tie in that Croatia game imo. Also they might play Netherlands in round of 16, so who knows. Chile can also beat them. Yes Brazil is the home team and they will def play better than they have but im just pointing out I am not impressed by them at all and they have a tough draw ahead in the first game.

They were out played for like 20 minutes. Brazil dominated the rest of the game. Goal keeper just had a fantastic game for Mexico.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Mexico were defensive for most of the game and Ochoa had the match of his life. I doubt that is going to happen again. Scolari knows what he's doing

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Put_in_Kitna

@Chutebox said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They were out played for like 20 minutes. Brazil dominated the rest of the game. Goal keeper just had a fantastic game for Mexico.

I think not.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Put_in_Kitna

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Mexico were defensive for most of the game and Ochoa had the match of his life. I doubt that is going to happen again. Scolari knows what he's doing

Thing is they won't be playing Mexico again. They will play Netherlands or Chile, Netherlands is top class and Chile knows how Brazil plays. They play like they have so far, they will get bounced. Of course if the refs don't help them out.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Thing is they won't be playing Mexico again. They will play Netherlands or Chile, Netherlands is top class and Chile knows how Brazil plays. They play like they have so far, they will get bounced. Of course if the refs don't help them out.

But Brazil have played well aswell. Just look at the chances they had against Mexico. The keeper alone saved them

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Put_in_Kitna

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

But Brazil have played well aswell. Just look at the chances they had against Mexico. The keeper alone saved them

They had one more shot than Mexico. And Mexico defense has been suspect. They have not played well at all imo. This is Brazil we are talking about, and they are at home.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Put_in_Kitna: Look at the chances Mexico vs Brazil. If Neymar or Silva had managed to put the ball a little more on the side of the keeper, it would haev gone in. Mexico basicly just shot longshots and most of them went outside of the actual goal

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Put_in_Kitna

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Put_in_Kitna: Look at the chances Mexico vs Brazil. If Neymar or Silva had managed to put the ball a little more on the side of the keeper, it would haev gone in. Mexico basicly just shot longshots and most of them went outside of the actual goal

Alot of those shots missed the bar by inches, even if they were outside. They were still great shots.

Anyway, who cares. England loses 2 games, and they are still in it and I think they have a great shot to advance because Italy will beat Costa Rica and they can definitely beat Uruguay. I think England is up to the task to score a few on Costa Rica.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Alot of those shots missed the bar by inches, even if they were outside. They were still great shots.

Anyway, who cares. England loses 2 games, and they are still in it and I think they have a great shot to advance because Italy will beat Costa Rica and they can definitely beat Uruguay. I think England is up to the task to score a few on Costa Rica.

Costa Rica has to lose both games, Uruguay has to lose against Italy and England has to win with at least two goals

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Last_Ride

Holy shit, 5-0 to France and England is out with Costa Rica winning against Italy

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mjorh

Damn you referee !

We did a great job and i'm proud of our team ...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

messi is just so clutch

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mjorh

@ghostwarrior786 said:

messi is just so clutch

Wish he would wait for just 3minutes ..he finally did what he is best in ....

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Put_in_Kitna

@mjorh said:

Damn you referee !

Not shocked at all. Refs are awful so far.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@mjorh said:

Damn you referee !

Not shocked at all. Refs are awful so far.

Yeah that was a horrible miss. Iran played an amazing game, would had been the perfect day for me if they kept Argentina 0-0.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Put_in_Kitna

Another offside goal disallowed that should of counted. This is awful.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Last_Ride

Germany did not play well, i really hope the crush USA

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yokofox33

Algeria giving the casual fans what we want!

GOALS! GOALS! GOALS!!!!

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

The U.S was sooo close to knocking off Portugal. God damn it Ronaldo.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yokofox33

Game would have been over a minute earlier if that USA dude just got off the fucking field for the substitution. They initially put up 4 minutes of free time, but since that dude took his sweet ass time they added another minute.

Lesson: Get the **** off the field!

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sailor232

I couldn't believe the score line when I checked my phone, 2-1 USA, such a shame Portugal scored in the last minute, I love seeing big upsets.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox

Hopefully Portugal beats Ghana. If that's the case, US advances (most likely).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chutebox

@yokofox33 said:

Game would have been over a minute earlier if that USA dude just got off the fucking field for the substitution. They initially put up 4 minutes of free time, but since that dude took his sweet ass time they added another minute.

Lesson: Get the **** off the field!

This x10000. I hate that shit. Bradley can also suck a dick. Terrible ball handling in center field caused that shit.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

**** you Ronaldo. I like how the US is playing nonetheless.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Put_in_Kitna

Luis Suarez. The player I dislike the most, have for years. This guy is a POS and should be banned from the WC. He better be. Step up your game FIFA.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

Woah, Ivory Coast out with a late penalty and what the **** is Suarez doing?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sailor232

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah that penalty was ridiculous, this cup will be remembered for bad ref calls more than anything else.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#46 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

Now that England is out of the World Cup (what an embarrassing performance), I guess I'll be rooting for Brazil from now on.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@sailor232 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah that penalty was ridiculous, this cup will be remembered for bad ref calls more than anything else.

I thought that was a better call than the penalty Fred got

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

I'll take the advance but man did US play like shit. Absolutely no possession and Bradley does what he does and gives the ball away. They got to have someone better than him on the roster.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

@Chutebox said:

I'll take the advance but man did US play like shit. Absolutely no possession and Bradley does what he does and gives the ball away. They got to have someone better than him on the roster.

Germany didn't use their chances, but they had good control over USA. They had no shots on target and a few shots that went over or out. I think the weather got to them both

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox

LOVE it! Adios, Mexico