Official NFL 2013 Season topic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -
Yeah... Lacy's gonna be eating them Linemen, that's for sure. :P
#52 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3893 posts) -

Damn that pic gotta be photoshopped haha. Big momma's cookin?

36Ounces

Fast food alledgedly.  I'll excuse it, so long as he went to Culver's which is like by far the best thing to eat if you're in the Midwest.

#54 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

"Chip Kellys fast-tempo offense hasnt hit the playing field yet and its already threatening league officials. In an item to The Wall Street Journal, the NFL vice president of officiating has said teams dont control the tempo of a game, but rather the officials do."

Just gonna leave that out there....

#55 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

ESPN NFL - Pro Bowl format overhauled, captains will select 43 players per team regardless of conference 

The ****

#56 Posted by JML897 (33111 posts) -
http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-cooper-at-concert-i-will-fight-every-979470075 I'm sure this will go over well in the Eagles locker room
#57 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

Ouch...

#58 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2601 posts) -

lmfao Egals are already living up to their dream team reputation. 

#59 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8321 posts) -
Best comment in response to Riley Cooper: "What were black people doing at a Kenny Chesney concert?"
#60 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
It will be a lot of fun to root against this ass clown this year. I honestly don't even know how he's been on the roster so long. He's not any good. Plus he's a moron. Wonderful combination. What cracks me up is idiots that are defending him and citing freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't apply when you say something idiotic in public that embarrasses the people that employ you. I don't understand how simpletons don't wrap their head around that.
#61 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8085 posts) -

It will be a lot of fun to root against this ass clown this year. I honestly don't even know how he's been on the roster so long. He's not any good. Plus he's a moron. Wonderful combination. What cracks me up is idiots that are defending him and citing freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't apply when you say something idiotic in public that embarrasses the people that employ you. I don't understand how simpletons don't wrap their head around that.-Halftime-
Yeah, freedom of speech only applies to federal/state law. People need to learn what it actually means.

#62 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8085 posts) -

Also:

Jets coach Rex Ryan is stepping up in defense of rookie quarterback, Geno Smith. Smith was caught on camera trailing his teammates on wind sprints. It wasnt a good sign, if you let NFL Network tell it. Geno Smith trailed a lot of his Jets teammates in wind sprints, but coach Red Ryan says Smith is definitely not out of shape.

Ryan, instead, told the story himself. He seems fine to me, Ryan told ESPNNewYork.com. When he ran for 80 yards on that one play, he looked good to me. Smith didnt bother jumping into conversations about his fitness. What's his opinion of Brian Baldinger saying Smith should be "embarrassed"?

Link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-07-31/geno-smith-conditioning-in-shape-rex-ryan-jets-wind-sprints-sanchez?eadid=EL/SICOM

#63 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -
[QUOTE="JML897"]http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-cooper-at-concert-i-will-fight-every-979470075 I'm sure this will go over well in the Eagles locker room

Mike Vick already forgave him. Now all we need are Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton to forgive him and we'll be ok.
#64 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="JML897"]http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-cooper-at-concert-i-will-fight-every-979470075 I'm sure this will go over well in the Eagles locker room

Mike Vick already forgave him. Now all we need are Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton to forgive him and we'll be ok.

:lol:
#65 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]It will be a lot of fun to root against this ass clown this year. I honestly don't even know how he's been on the roster so long. He's not any good. Plus he's a moron. Wonderful combination. What cracks me up is idiots that are defending him and citing freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't apply when you say something idiotic in public that embarrasses the people that employ you. I don't understand how simpletons don't wrap their head around that.sherman-tank1

Yeah, freedom of speech only applies to federal/state law. People need to learn what it actually means.

Truth fact. The amount of comments I'm reading saying things like 'I guess the media doesn't believe in freedom of speech' is nearly intolerable.
#66 Posted by 36Ounces (2064 posts) -

Eagles :lol: Guess Riley forgot 90% of his teammates were black.

#67 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3893 posts) -

I understand people being offended by the Riley Cooper situation, but can anyone really argue what he did is worse or less understandable than driving drunk?  A crime NFL players are arrested for 20-30 times a year, a crime that could actually seriously injure or kill an innocent person.  

#68 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

He said something stupid.  Big deal.  He apologized to who he needed to apologize to.  End.

#69 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

Also looking forward to ESPN, Fox, and CBS doing an interview with him by someone who is black.  Should be fun.  $100 Trayvon gets brought up into it.  Takers?

#70 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2601 posts) -

Also looking forward to ESPN, Fox, and CBS doing an interview with him by someone who is black.  Should be fun.  $100 Trayvon gets brought up into it.  Takers?

Chutebox

Who would bet against this? :lol:

#71 Posted by PSP107 (11598 posts) -

36Ounces

The NFL is 70% black He's lucky that alot of black athletes probably dont care due to not having their fore fathers telling them about how they were treated in the old days.

#72 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

PSP107

The NFL is 70% black He's lucky that alot of black athletes probably dont care due to not having their fore fathers telling them about how they were treated in the old days.

Anybody who went to school knows this.
#73 Posted by PSP107 (11598 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

It don't hit home though.
#74 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="PSP107"] The NFL is 70% black He's lucky that alot of black athletes probably dont care due to not having their fore fathers telling them about how they were treated in the old days.PSP107

No one alive was a slave. So.....

Edit:  I don't know why I assumed you were talking about slavery.  If not, ignore me.

#75 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2601 posts) -

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Anybody who went to school knows this.Chutebox

Edit:  I don't know why I assumed you were talking about slavery.  If not, ignore me.

Actually AP has been a known slave for a while. 

#76 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"] It don't hit home though.Put_in_Kitna

Actually AP has been a known slave for a while. 

Sorry, forgot all about him.
#78 Posted by RevanBITW (535 posts) -
BTW, what's up with all this Bengals hype? They'll likely make the playoffs again, sure, but only because the AFC lacks depth. I can't see that offense evolve into something dominant with Dalton as their QB. He's going to be stuck in the average tier of QBs for his entire career. So they'll need their defense be elite, which I doubt will happen.
#79 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8085 posts) -

BTW, what's up with all this Bengals hype? They'll likely make the playoffs again, sure, but only because the AFC lacks depth. I can't see that offense evolve into something dominant with Dalton as their QB. He's going to be stuck in the average tier of QBs for his entire career. So they'll need their defense be elite, which I doubt will happen.RevanBITW
Their defense has been very solid the past two seasons. I can't see why it will start to decline now. Also AJ Green will just be getting better and they have more potential weapons. I'm not saying they will the Superbowl, but I see them getting to the second round. Also give Dalton another season to see where he truly belongs.

#80 Posted by RevanBITW (535 posts) -

[QUOTE="RevanBITW"]BTW, what's up with all this Bengals hype? They'll likely make the playoffs again, sure, but only because the AFC lacks depth. I can't see that offense evolve into something dominant with Dalton as their QB. He's going to be stuck in the average tier of QBs for his entire career. So they'll need their defense be elite, which I doubt will happen.sherman-tank1

Their defense has been very solid the past two seasons. I can't see why it will start to decline now. Also AJ Green will just be getting better and they have more potential weapons. I'm not saying they will the Superbowl, but I see them getting to the second round. Also give Dalton another season to see where he truly belongs.

Exactly, they're a good team, but nothing special. And yet I've seen analysts picking them to with the AFC North with the Steelers and the Ravens in that division.
#81 Posted by Seabas989 (9959 posts) -

A little early.

sherman-tank1

#82 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
[QUOTE="RevanBITW"] Exactly, they're a good team, but nothing special. And yet I've seen analysts picking them to with the AFC North with the Steelers and the Ravens in that division.

Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year and the Ravens have just been gutted...
#83 Posted by jg4xchamp (46679 posts) -
BTW, what's up with all this Bengals hype? They'll likely make the playoffs again, sure, but only because the AFC lacks depth. I can't see that offense evolve into something dominant with Dalton as their QB. He's going to be stuck in the average tier of QBs for his entire career. So they'll need their defense be elite, which I doubt will happen.RevanBITW
Because Dalton might literally be their only real drawback. That offense has pieces, that defense looks like it can be dominant, that conference doesn't look strong, both lines for that team are top notch(and you win games in the trenches right?). If Dalton could step his game up that is a team capable dominating opponents. But I agree with you Dalton will take what should be an excellent team and make them look more like above average/filler playoff team.
#84 Posted by RevanBITW (535 posts) -
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="RevanBITW"] Exactly, they're a good team, but nothing special. And yet I've seen analysts picking them to with the AFC North with the Steelers and the Ravens in that division.

Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year and the Ravens have just been gutted...

Roethlisberger was hurt all season, so they should be better this year. And the Ravens losses during the off-season have been overhyped. Let's look at the list: Anquan Boldin: The only clean blow I can think of. Ray Lewis: He was a liability at this point of his career, not a loss on the field. Ed Reed: The return of their best CB Ladarius Webb should compensate for it. And at 34 he clearly wasn't the same player he used to be. And their 1st Round pick Matt Elam looks very promising. I don't see Reed's absence to be felt very much. Paul Kruger: He was only a factor once Terrell Suggs came back, and he'll be replaced this year by Elvis Dumervil. Speaking of T-Sizzle, he should be back stronger this year. Dannell Ellerbe: It's hard to tell if he looked good because he had guys like Haloti Ngata in front of him, I guess only time will tell. These are the significant off-season losses the Ravens had that I can think of. And none of them except Boldin seems to me to be an obvious downgrade.
#85 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
They just lost Pitta for the year too. LOL @ Ladarius Webb compensating for Ed Reed. Nah brah. If the Ravens make the playoffs I'll be impressed.
#86 Posted by RevanBITW (535 posts) -
They just lost Pitta for the year too. LOL @ Ladarius Webb compensating for Ed Reed. Nah brah. If the Ravens make the playoffs I'll be impressed.Bobbles
Flacco had a bad regular season and the defense played very average last year. And they still won the division. I expect both to improve.
#87 Posted by yokofox33 (28978 posts) -

Guys, guys. We can all relax now. Seems Blaine Gabbert is going to be the starting QB for the Jaguars.

I know many of you were on the edge of your seat for this news to come out.

#88 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2601 posts) -

Guys, guys. We can all relax now. Seems Blaine Gabbert is going to be the starting QB for the Jaguars.

yokofox33

Im sorry. 

#89 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -

yokofox33
Next thing in the news: SANCHIZE KEEPS HIS STARTING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#90 Posted by yokofox33 (28978 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Put_in_Kitna

Im sorry. 

Thank you. Your sympathy means a lot.

#91 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14269 posts) -

Topic now stickied!

#92 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -

Topic now stickied!

Hallenbeck77
Alright, cool. The season hasn't officially started, though, unless you count preseason as part of the season. >_>
#93 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8085 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Topic now stickied!

The-Apostle

Alright, cool. The season hasn't officially started, though, unless you count preseason as part of the season. >_>

Pre-season. As in before the season.

#94 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Topic now stickied!

sherman-tank1

Pre-season. As in before the season.

I dunno, I always considered the two as being separate. You know, because preseason doesn't really matter?
#95 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Topic now stickied!

The-Apostle

Oh shut up, I asked them to do it. Thanks bud!
#96 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Topic now stickied!

Chutebox

I saw that after I had posted. Whatever...
#97 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Alright, cool. The season hasn't officially started, though, unless you count preseason as part of the season. >_>

Whatever your face! ESPN wasted no time talking about Cooper!
#98 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Oh shut up, I asked them to do it. Thanks bud!Chutebox

Whatever your face! ESPN wasted no time talking about Cooper!

Are they STILL talking about him?

#100 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -