Official NFL 2013 Season topic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

Well, the preseason starts in a couple weeks so I thought I'd make the official topic.

#2 Posted by GD-1369211121 (4086 posts) -

Da Bears will dominate this year!

#3 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

A little early.

#4 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -
Dude, it's July.
#5 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
Iggles. They'll disappoint me as they always do, but at least the Walrus is gone.
#6 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -
Dude, it's July.Silverbond
It's the tail end of the month and I can't wait until it starts.
#7 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

Season predictions

Division Champions:

NFC North- Green Bay Packers
NFC South- New Orleans Saints
NFC West- Seattle Seahawks
NFC Least- who gives a frick
NFC Wild Cards- Falcons, 49ers 

AFC North- Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South- Houston Texans
AFC West- Denver Broncos
AFC East- New England Patriots
AFC Wild Cards- who gives a frick, jk Chiefs and Ravens

Regular season Awards:

Coach of the Year: Sean Payton
MVP: DREW BREES, 5500 yds, 51 TDS, 72 %
DPOY: Von Miller
Comeback Player of the Year: Does RG3 count?
OROY: Tavon Austin
DROY: Jarvis Jones

Championship games:

NFC: New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons
AFC: Denver Broncos vs New England Patriots

Superbowl: 

Saints vs Patriots

#8 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

NFC South: Falcons

NFC East: Giants

NFC North: Packers

NFC West: Seahawks

Wild Card: 49ers, Saints

AFC South: Colts

AFC East: Pats

AFC North: Bengals

AFC West: Broncos

Wild Card: Phins, Texans

Broncos win the SB

#9 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -
I'm just gonna say the Packers will take the Superbowl.
#10 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

I'm just gonna say the Packers will take the Superbowl.The-Apostle
With no O-line and rush defense.

#11 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -

I think it's gonna be Broncos and Seahawks. I don't really see a team in the AFC that can beat Denver. Baltimore lost most of their team, the Pats have a bad defense and lost all their receivers, the Colts are still too young. I think the NFC is more open. Definitely think Atlanta and San Fran are the favorites but Seattle is a great team. Saints will be dangerous but they have no defense. Same for Detroit. NFC East will be competitive but I think all those teams have flaws. Packers are gonna be good but they need a running game and they need to fix that run defense.

#12 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

I think it's gonna be Broncos and Seahawks. I don't really see a team in the AFC that can beat Denver. Baltimore lost most of their team, the Pats have a bad defense and lost all their receivers, the Colts are still too young. I think the NFC is more open. Definitely think Atlanta and San Fran are the favorites but Seattle is a great team. Saints will be dangerous but they have no defense. Same for Detroit. NFC East will be competitive but I think all those teams have flaws.-Halftime-
I actually agree with your prediction.

#13 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

Are we forgetting that Peyton Manning turns into Christian Ponder during the playoffs?

#14 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

Are we forgetting that Peyton Manning turns into Christian Ponder during the playoffs?

Silverbond

Yeah but his team is so stacked. Plus last playoffs it wasn't his fault. 35 points should win a playoff game.

#15 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -

Silverbond
I'm not, but I'm also not forgetting that even with how crappy he played in the playoffs they still win that game against Baltimore if they don't give up a 70 yard prayer with less than 2 minutes to play. I'm not enamored with the Broncos. But they play in a weak division and conference. Looking right now I don't really see too many dangerous teams in the AFC. The teams that are intriguing aren't complete the way the Broncos are.
#16 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]I'm just gonna say the Packers will take the Superbowl.sherman-tank1

Packers moved some guys around on the O-Line, and they have Datone Jones and some guys who are returning on defense (Johnny Jolly, Ryan Pickett, etc...) I expect Jolly to be a little rusty after a 5-year hiatus but I think we should do well.
#17 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]I'm just gonna say the Packers will take the Superbowl.The-Apostle

Packers moved some guys around on the O-Line, and they have Datone Jones and some guys who are returning on defense (Johnny Jolly, Ryan Pickett, etc...) I expect Jolly to be a little rusty after a 5-year hiatus but I think we should do well.

Maybe it will improve but is it championship caliber? Rodgers got sacked more than any other QB and their run D was demolished last year. You can't make a few duck tape improvements to that and call it good. I know the Packers have some new rookie RBs, but they don't have a line top support them. I have doubts, but we will see. Rodgers imo is the best QB in the league, so maybe he can pull it off.

#18 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]With no O-line and rush defense.

sherman-tank1

Maybe it will improve but is it championship caliber? Rodgers got sacked more than any other QB and their run D was demolished last year. You can't make a few duck tape improvements to that and call it good. I know the Packers have some new rookie RBs, but they don't have a line top support them. I have doubts, but we will see. Rodgers imo is the best QB in the league, so maybe he can pull it off.

Quarterbacks usually cement their legacies around their 8th or 9th year. This is Rodgers' 9th. I think it's his year.
#19 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
There are so many question marks with this year's Bears team that I have no idea how good they'll be.
#20 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

There are so many question marks with this year's Bears team that I have no idea how good they'll be. JML897
Really depends on the new coach.

#21 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]There are so many question marks with this year's Bears team that I have no idea how good they'll be. sherman-tank1

Really depends on the new coach.

New coach, new o-line, Cutler/Forte are both injury-prone and extremely important, still looking for a true #2 WR to go with Brandon Marshall (hoping Alshon Jeffery takes a big step forward this year), whether DJ Williams will be able to fill Urlacher's shoes well enough, whether the Bears' aging defense will be able to continue to play at a high level, etc Lots of questions
#22 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -

Season predictions

Division Champions:

NFC North- Green Bay Packers
NFC South- New Orleans Saints
NFC West- Seattle Seahawks
NFC Least- who gives a frick
NFC Wild Cards- Falcons, 49ers 

AFC North- Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South- Houston Texans
AFC West- Denver Broncos
AFC East- New England Patriots
AFC Wild Cards- who gives a frick, jk Chiefs and Ravens

Regular season Awards:

Coach of the Year: Sean Payton
MVP: DREW BREES, 5500 yds, 51 TDS, 72 %
DPOY: Von Miller
Comeback Player of the Year: Does RG3 count?
OROY: Tavon Austin
DROY: Jarvis Jones

Championship games:

NFC: New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons
AFC: Denver Broncos vs New England Patriots

Superbowl: 

Saints vs Patriots

Silverbond

"DPOY: Von Miller"

Wouldn't bet on that, he's going to be suspended 4 games.

#23 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8335 posts) -
Bold prediction: Miami wins the AFC East. I really like what they've done. Tannehill was actually decent last year, but was completely overshadowed (rightfully so) by Griffin, Luck and Wilson. I like their chances to maybe topple a Patriots team who is reeling right now.
#24 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
Go Eagles? Yeah, I don't see great things happening to us this year...
#25 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -
Wouldn't bet on that, he's going to be suspended 4 games.Chutebox
That'll make his 25 sacks even more special
#26 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -

GD-1369211121
I hope your right but it will be diffcult with that schedule.
#27 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -
[QUOTE="GD-1369211121"]

PSP107
I hope your right but it will be diffcult with that schedule.

And that team.
#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (47286 posts) -

Dear Peyton Manning

Please stop breaking my heart in the playoffs. While I have come to accept calling you the professional choke artist it still sucks when you throw a game crippling interception while doing something incredibly stupid.

P.S. RG3 and Aaron Rodgers have shitty commercials. Take back your commercial crown please. If I have to watch a lot of commercials I expect to be entertained.

On topic: F*cking opening night can not come soon enough. A world without with the NFL is such a drag. Ugh the football alterantives are what Arena football, college football, ....CANADIAN Football? I'd rather watch paint dry or play Mafia 2

#29 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -

Dear Peyton Manning

Please stop breaking my heart in the playoffs. While I have come to accept calling you the professional choke artist it still sucks when you throw a game crippling interception while doing something incredibly stupid.

P.S. RG3 and Aaron Rodgers have shitty commercials. Take back your commercial crown please. If I have to watch a lot of commercials I expect to be entertained.

On topic: F*cking opening night can not come soon enough. A world without with the NFL is such a drag. Ugh the football alterantives are what Arena football, college football, ....CANADIAN Football? I'd rather watch paint dry or play Mafia 2

jg4xchamp
Your a die hard peyton manning fan? Because he only had one playoff run with the Broncos.
#30 Posted by jg4xchamp (47286 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Dear Peyton Manning

PSP107
Your a die hard peyton manning fan? Because he only had one playoff run with the Broncos.

Yep yep, since him finding new and exciting ways to get whipped by Steve Spurrier. He's been my favorite player for awhile.
#31 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Dear Peyton Manning

Yep yep, since him finding new and exciting ways to get whipped by Steve Spurrier. He's been my favorite player for awhile.

That interception he threw in the Superbowl vs Saints was beyond wtf. Too bad he didnt choke against the Local Bears.
#32 Posted by jg4xchamp (47286 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"] Your a die hard peyton manning fan? Because he only had one playoff run with the Broncos.PSP107

That interception he threw in the Superbowl vs Saints was beyond wtf. Too bad he didnt choke against the Local Bears.

Yeah mother f*cker gets paraded around as the smartest QB to ever play the game and then proceeds to stare down a receiver in the biggest game of his career. The shit I got from my friends and woman was ridiculous. Stupid Peyton.
#33 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yep yep, since him finding new and exciting ways to get whipped by Steve Spurrier. He's been my favorite player for awhile. jg4xchamp

Yeah mother f*cker gets paraded around as the smartest QB to ever play the game and then proceeds to stare down a receiver in the biggest game of his career. The shit I got from my friends and woman was ridiculous. Stupid Peyton.

Woman?
#34 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -
Glad to see the Packers signed Datone Jones. #quarterbacksbeware
#35 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -

Percy Harvin already on the PUP list, may require surgery.  Dude just can't be healthy.

#36 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8335 posts) -

Percy Harvin already on the PUP list, may require surgery.  Dude just can't be healthy.

Chutebox
Ugh. This was a weak draft though, I still think trading a late 1st round pick was worth the risk.
#37 Posted by jg4xchamp (47286 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"] That interception he threw in the Superbowl vs Saints was beyond wtf. Too bad he didnt choke against the Local Bears.PSP107

Woman?

Woman, girlfriend, in this case fiancee
#38 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah mother f*cker gets paraded around as the smartest QB to ever play the game and then proceeds to stare down a receiver in the biggest game of his career. The shit I got from my friends and woman was ridiculous. Stupid Peyton. jg4xchamp
Woman?

You must excuse him, he's never seen one before.
#39 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Woman?jg4xchamp

bobbles is the only girl you know.
#40 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah mother f*cker gets paraded around as the smartest QB to ever play the game and then proceeds to stare down a receiver in the biggest game of his career. The shit I got from my friends and woman was ridiculous. Stupid Peyton. jg4xchamp
Woman?

They all into sports?
#41 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"] Woman, girlfriend, in this case fianceePSP107

I got a nice rack and a tight cooch.

#42 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

Woman?

Really? Good for you.

#43 Posted by jg4xchamp (47286 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"] Woman?sherman-tank1

Really? Good for you.

Is it Sherm? is it really?
#44 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8105 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Woman, girlfriend, in this case fianceejg4xchamp

Really? Good for you.

Is it Sherm? is it really?

Yeah, really bro.

#45 Posted by CWEBB04z (4562 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="PSP107"] Woman, girlfriend, in this case fianceePSP107

Truth
#46 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -

ESPN NFL - Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin suffered torn ACL in right knee during Saturday's practice 

Ouch

#47 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
I feel so bad for Jeremy. He's a nice guy. It will be hard for the Eagles to replace the production he brings.
#48 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -
#49 Posted by Chutebox (36576 posts) -
#50 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Damn that pic gotta be photoshopped haha. Big momma's cookin?