Official NFL 2013 Season discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by CWEBB04z (4442 posts) -

@sherman-tank1 said:

So if a small amount of people within a minority group find a name offensive, we should ban it?

If the name is akin to a team being called the N**gers or Sp*cs, yes, it should be removed.

I read somewhere that the term redskin isn't a slur, but it was the native americans who came up with that term to distinguish themselves from other people.

#102 Edited by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

Orakpo was tackled in front of refs. ... That missed field goal cost us the game

#103 Edited by Chutebox (35687 posts) -
#104 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -

Thanks Bum Knee, you own.

#105 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -

LOL nice throw Donatello. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#106 Edited by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

God, i feel like the Bills. We just find new ways to lose. The day our defense actually plays well, our special teams and offense put them in horrible positions. Offensive line is complete garbage and WR core is too, besides Garcon. And he got man handled today. Horrible.

Really, REALLY hope they figure out how to get a good WR here and start fixing that oline.

RG3 was pretty damn good in the first half, but second half he was bad to average. That fumble was on him, needs to know he was there too long.

#107 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

LOL nice throw Donatello. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It was...if Moss didn't fall.

#108 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -
#109 Edited by Seabas989 (9661 posts) -

We stink.

The slogan for the Redskins: At least we aren't the Giants.

Sucks that I worked and missed the late games. Pats vs Saints looked entertaining.

#110 Edited by PSP107 (11368 posts) -

@Seabas989 said:

We stink.

The slogan for the Redskins: At least we aren't the Giants.

At this rate all you need is 7 wins in NFC East.

#111 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

Hopefully James Jones and Randall Cobb don't miss too much time. :cry:

If they do, who should we pick up?

#112 Posted by PSP107 (11368 posts) -

Randy Moss and TO

#113 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Randy Moss and TO

I'm hoping for Laurent Robinson myself. I remember him being good when he had Romo as quarterback.

#114 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH THATS RIGHT SKIN FANS YOU GOT GAAAAAAAAPED!

wtf my message earlier got deleted, it wasn't even that bad. This site stinks.

#115 Posted by carloscarreon1 (6 posts) -

Mercy on him!

#116 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8025 posts) -
#117 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Randy Moss and TO

I'm hoping for Laurent Robinson myself. I remember him being good when he had Romo as quarterback.

He had Romo throwing to him, not a waste like Rodgers.

#118 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Don't keep your hopes up too high. He had 4 concussions last season.

#119 Posted by NightStalkerBX (2032 posts) -

@The-Apostle: The rumor is Hakeem Nicks is on the trade block. Let's see what the Packers have to offer for him.

#120 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@The-Apostle: The rumor is Hakeem Nicks is on the trade block. Let's see what the Packers have to offer for him.

Really? lol... Why would they do that?! I would LOVE to have him though!

#121 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@NightStalkerBX said:

Fuck that, Packers have enough WRs. Redskins need someone other than freaking Garcon. News flash for Redskins org,Hankerson is NOT a freaking #2 WR...on ANY team!

#122 Posted by NightStalkerBX (2032 posts) -

@The-Apostle: It's a lost season and his contract is up at the end of the season anyway. He's likely looking for #1 receiver money and Giants will have very little cap room to work with.

#123 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@The-Apostle: It's a lost season and his contract is up at the end of the season anyway. He's likely looking for #1 receiver money and Giants will have very little cap room to work with.

No chance he gets #1 money

#124 Edited by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@The-Apostle said:

@NightStalkerBX said:

Fuck that, Packers have enough WRs. Redskins need someone other than freaking Garcon. News flash for Redskins org,Hankerson is NOT a freaking #2 WR...on ANY team!

Yeah... After injuries to Cobb and Jones, Boykin is now the No. 2 receiver. BOYKIN! For that matter, after losing Charles Johnson to the Browns of the practice squad (didn't even know that was possible), We're down to two receivers. I fail to see how that's "having enough receivers". We could call up Miles Whyte but he's another inexperienced receiver.

I realize the injuries to Jones and Cobb aren't considered too serious but I'm in full panic mode.

#125 Posted by NightStalkerBX (2032 posts) -

@Chutebox: That was the sticking point during the Cruz contract negotiations. The Giants have him billed as their #1 receiver so that's what he's looking for, he probably wont get it but don't underestimate a desperate team.

#126 Posted by Seabas989 (9661 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@The-Apostle said:

@NightStalkerBX said:

QFT.

#127 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

steelers need a #1 receiver. i'd love to get him.

#128 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

Yeah, GTFO Apostle. The Packers have had an embarrassment of riches at WR for years now, you don't need Hakeem Nicks.

#129 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8025 posts) -

@Chutebox: There are teams out there that won't hesitate.

#130 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@Chutebox: There are teams out there that won't hesitate.

I'm a Redskins fan, I know how stupid teams can get. I don't think he's worth it, but ya, someone will pay. Although it's been reported Giants are not shopping him (but they will listen, of course).

#131 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

Hoping Percy can come back soon. Russell needs a legit number one.

#132 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

I hope someone fucking HURTS Matt Elam! I want his career ended for that cheap shot he gave Randall Cobb!

#133 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

I hope someone fucking HURTS Matt Elam! I want his career ended for that cheap shot he gave Randall Cobb!

Nothing dirty about that. Players have to go low now, the new rules demand it.

#134 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

How was it NOT dirty? He could've hit him in the waist...

#135 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Come on, that shit happens so fast. You don't have time to target individual body parts. You either go high, or you go low. Elam went low to avoid the flag and fine, and unfortunately for Cobb, he got injured because of it. That was not dirty, stop being a homer.

#136 Edited by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Come on, that shit happens so fast. You don't have time to target individual body parts. You either go high, or you go low. Elam went low to avoid the flag and fine, and unfortunately for Cobb, he got injured because of it. That was not dirty, stop being a homer.

Dude had enough time and room to make the play. He went low. I call dirty. I would've preferred a spear over that crap.

#137 Posted by mems_1224 (44751 posts) -

ugh....f***ing Matt Schuab and Kubiak.

#138 Posted by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

Vince Young reportedly said he wanted to sign with the Texans.

#139 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

Mr pick 6 is fun to watch. Shame he got hurt.

#140 Edited by mems_1224 (44751 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Vince Young reportedly said he wanted to sign with the Texans.

Vince Young would sign for a bag of doritos and practice squad slot at this point. Dude is garbage but I dont think Yates and Keenum are much better.

#141 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

Chargers played a hell of a game tonight.

#142 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Blame the owners and the rules commission.

#143 Posted by Seabas989 (9661 posts) -

I'm 5-1 in my fantasy league and in 1st place.

#144 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

Weird that D Ware might miss a game.

#145 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Good job not drafting any Redskin players.

#146 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Dude had enough time and room to make the play. He went low. I call dirty. I would've preferred a spear over that crap.

Cobb was in the air and coming to the ground. For all the defender knows, Cobb will duck his head before getting hit, resulting in a head to head hit, and defense will get flagged and dude will get fined. I don't blame him for doing what he did. Now the NFL is going to make those hits illegal too. Fucking ridiculous. How about the idiots just flag and fine the people who are BLATANTLY doing it. Not accidental freaking hits to the head. Do that, and NO ONE will have a problem.

#147 Edited by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@The-Apostle said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@The-Apostle said:

How about the idiots just flag and fine the people who are BLATANTLY doing it. Not accidental freaking hits to the head. Do that, and NO ONE will have a problem.

That's something I agree with. >_>

#148 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

BTW skin fans I saw protesters at the boys game with signs calling Snyder a racist and what not. I laughed at them for you, you are welcome.

#149 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

BTW skin fans I saw protesters at the boys game with signs calling Snyder a racist and what not. I laughed at them for you, you are welcome.

Thank you, friend.

#150 Posted by Seabas989 (9661 posts) -

@Seabas989 said:

Good job not drafting any Redskin players.

Yeah I always felt drafting players from your favorite team can backfire, especially when the Qb is recovering from a serious knee injury.

I also have no cowgirls, eagles, and giants players in my team lol.