Official NBA Season Thread

#301 Posted by Master_Live (14395 posts) -

Take that Durant.

#302 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3931 posts) -

@Master_Live: " It was against the Bobcats, Kobe had 81, Lebron only has 2 rings, Wilt scored 60 32 times, etc"

#303 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3931 posts) -

Nah but for real, amazing performance that should silence anyone who claims he's still 'coasting' at this point, although I'm not sure the facemask really should be expected to have an effect either way. Definitely should put the Pacers and Durant on notice for as far as the #1 seed and MVP races go respectively.

#304 Posted by Conscrumptured (779 posts) -

It's funny when even Skip Bayless is forced to mention LeBron without a "but..." afterward.

#305 Posted by mems_1224 (46931 posts) -

Hate watching the Rockets play the Heat because I know the Heat will always get a ton of favorable calls.

#306 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

@mems_1224: How is that different from any other game? It's the Heat with Lebron and Wade. They are gonna get calls. Like Harden doesn't get calls either...

#307 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8372 posts) -

Rockets have been playing well. Would love to get that second seed in the West. Tough few games ahead.

#308 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

I don't know if Lebron got that shot off or not. Still a pretty amazing shot though. I'd say it was lucky, but nothing is lucky for Lebron.

#309 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

Good game. Glad the Heat stuck in there after a game the night before and the late flight. Would have gone to Beasley for the final play. Had the hot hand. Oh well.

#310 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

Hate watching the Rockets play the Heat because I know the Heat will always get a ton of favorable calls.

The refs are the least of your problems when the Rockets turn the ball over 67,000 times and commit silly backcourt violations.

And what was with Dwight (I think it was him) throwing the ball cross-court in the last minute of the game!? He HAD to know how unlikely it was that a pass like that would get through!

lol, Rockets are a mess. They were straight up lucky LeBron didn't make that three like he did a month ago against Golden State. It was the same thing too, a stepback, fadeaway dagger from the same spot.

#311 Posted by mems_1224 (46931 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

The refs are the least of your problems when the Rockets turn the ball over 67,000 times and commit silly backcourt violations.

And what was with Dwight (I think it was him) throwing the ball cross-court in the last minute of the game!? He HAD to know how unlikely it was that a pass like that would get through!

lol, Rockets are a mess. They were straight up lucky LeBron didn't make that three like he did a month ago against Golden State. It was the same thing too, a stepback, fadeaway dagger from the same spot.

meh, lebron sucks

#312 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8372 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

A mess? lol, sure, whatever you say.

#313 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

Why is Gasol wasting his time playing these games?

#314 Posted by Seabas989 (10166 posts) -

After playing some Valkyria Chronicles, I watched some NBA on TNT and see 73-40 Clippers.

Wtf Lakers? They've become the Knicks of the West.

#315 Edited by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

After playing some Valkyria Chronicles, I watched some NBA on TNT and see 73-40 Clippers.

Whoa! That's crazy! You play Valkyria Chronicles, too???!!!!

#316 Edited by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

@yokofox33:

Thoughts on Lebron James going back to Cleveland for Zydrunas Ilgauskas's retirement ceremony?

#317 Edited by Seabas989 (10166 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

@Seabas989 said:

Whoa! That's crazy! You play Valkyria Chronicles, too???!!!!

I'm on chapter 13. It's becoming one of my favorite games from last gen. Hell it's looking like my second favorite game on the PS3 behind UC2.

Anyways the Pacers need to find some momentum because the Heat are catching up.

#318 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

Rockets starting to look damn good. If they can play any semblance of defense they'll have a shot, which it seems they are improving on a bit.

Luckily the Pacers keep losing as well during this mini Heat skid.

#319 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

Jimmy Butler is a Lebron stopper.

#320 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8690 posts) -

It was a great game for the Bulls, what will be Lebron's Excuse for having a bad game? As much as I love seeing the Bulls beat the Heat, we still need to prove that in the Playoffs.

#321 Edited by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

It was a great game for the Bulls, what will be Lebron's Excuse for having a bad game? As much as I love seeing the Bulls beat the Heat, we still need to prove that in the Playoffs.

In the Playoffs you need stars.

#322 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (720 posts) -

Jodie Meeks destroyed OKC man, was fun to watch.

#323 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8690 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@yokofox33 said:

In the Playoffs you need stars.

Yes we do, maybe it was all gossip talk, but Carmelo may come to Chicago next season.... I don't like the idea, but its at least another star that can help the team win a championship. At least we're getting rid of Boozer as well. He was too soft against the Heat and there were many plays he could have dunked, instead he just lays up the ball and then gets blocked. He complains for not playing in the 4th quarter, yet he hasn't been a viable player that is too stubborn to learn defense and too afraid to dunk.

#324 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

All Carlos Boozer does is scream and yell for being a mediocre player. Even if he's on fire you can always count on him choking in the 4th. Same for David West. At least in my observation.

#325 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3462 posts) -

Rockets games take like 4 goddamn hours to end. Lmao they needed to get Lillard to foul out & like 40 fts to beat weak-ass Portland.

#326 Posted by vguy555 (4621 posts) -

Patrick Beverley does the same dirty play on Westbrook again lol. This is ridiculous.

#327 Edited by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

@vguy555 said:

Patrick Beverley does the same dirty play on Westbrook again lol. This is ridiculous.

If you look at the replay, Westbrook was the aggressor.

#328 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5236 posts) -

Kobe is done for the year officially...YES! Tank!

#329 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

Fucking Heat. They should have blown the Nets the fuck out at home. They've played awful the past week or so.

#330 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7384 posts) -

Sweet, Clips beat gsw in a pretty tight game up until the end, much needed to secure the division. Now if they get Jamal back than everything will be dandy. Still scared of seeing warriors, memphis, and/or spurs in playoff though.

#331 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

Heat getting blown the fuck out at home by the fucking Nuggets. Frustrating.

#332 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8372 posts) -

Rockets lost back to back against the Thunder and Bulls... need to beat the Heat in order to prevent a 3 game losing streak for the first time this year,

#333 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

Rockets lost back to back against the Thunder and Bulls... need to beat the Heat in order to prevent a 3 game losing streak for the first time this year,

The Rockets can't lose the 3rd seed.

#334 Edited by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

@No_Hablo_Ingles: I'd like to apologize for there being empty seats in the stands today with less than 2 minutes to go in an amazing game. Fucking Heat fans...

But yeah, a Heat/Rockets Finals would be the most amazing thing ever.

#335 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7384 posts) -

Woah, Thunder loss today, theres a chance for the clips to catch up! Though there's no shame on sticking with 3rd seed, while avoiding spurs for 2nd round at all cost. Hopefully they'd be worn out by wcf, if my clips were to make it.

#336 Edited by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

If the playoffs started tomorrow, this would be the matchups.

vs.
(1) INDIANA (1H) vs. (8) Atlanta
(Indiana leads 2-1)
vs.
(2) MIAMI vs. (7) Charlotte
(Miami won 4-0)
vs.
(3) TORONTO vs. (6) Washington
(Toronto won 3-1)
vs.
(4) CHICAGO vs. (5) Brooklyn
(Chicago won 2-1)
vs.
(1) SAN ANTONIO (1H) vs. (8) Memphis
(San Antonio leads 3-0)
vs.
(2) OKLAHOMA CITY (1A) vs. (7) Dallas
(Series tied 1-1)
vs.
(3) LOS ANGELES vs. (6) Golden State
(Series tied 2-2)
vs.
(4) HOUSTON vs. (5) Portland
(Houston won 3-1)

Do you like it? I rather have the local Bulls get the 3rd seed and play the wizards. I

#337 Posted by Master_Live (14395 posts) -

Good hire by the Knicks with Phil Jackson. Hopefully Dolan stays out of the way and lets Phil make the decisions.

#338 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

Andrew Bynum out indefinitely.

#339 Edited by Boston_Boyy (3931 posts) -

lol Bosh.

#340 Edited by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

I wish the Heat-Pacers played every game. By the end of the season it would just be a 1-on-1 game with Lebron versus George since everyone else would just be knocked out from fatigue and injuries.

#341 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3931 posts) -

@yokofox33: Van Gundy said it best when he suggested that they just play a best-of-21 to decide who gets to the finals.

#342 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

@yokofox33: Van Gundy said it best when he suggested that they just play a best-of-21 to decide who gets to the finals.

He also said something similar with the Bulls vs Heat

#343 Edited by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Can we fast forward to the ECF?

#344 Posted by yokofox33 (29495 posts) -

While the loss stings, the win was right there for the taking. Pacers didn't play that great either. Oh well.

I think the 2nd seed might be an easier path to the ECF for the Heat anyway. Bobcats and then Raptors/Wizards. Gives old man Wade more time to rest honestly. Pacers would have to face the Bulls or Nets in the 2nd round.

#345 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8372 posts) -
#346 Edited by Master_Live (14395 posts) -

Nah, they should just have the top 4 teams in each Conference make the playoffs.

#347 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -

Even though I'm not a fan of division winners and conferences(I find them un balanced) in the 3 major sports league(I'm no NHL expert) .However, in fairness to the NBA, those teams that make it to the playoffs with a bad record don't win anyway. NFL and MLB champions come from wild cards teams that inches in the playoffs. NFL is understandable because its one game.

#348 Edited by Blabadon (26132 posts) -

Fuck the Pistons

#349 Edited by No_Hablo_Ingles (8372 posts) -

@Master_Live: @PSP107:

Also fine with that Master Live (only because the Rockets will be a top 4 seed for a while.

It's because they have no chance of winning that I am a fan of best 16 teams regardless of division getting in the playoffs. Does anyone want to watch Heat vs Hawks series? I think not. Something that people may actually want to see is Minnesota or Dallas vs Heat. It's a shame that a superstar (Kevin Love) won't make the playoffs while a team that has been destroyed by Injuries will simply because of location.

#350 Posted by PSP107 (11891 posts) -