The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

It's the NFL offseason. What major signings will happen? Who will be the No. 1 overall draft pick? Discuss all that and more in this topic.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Biggest things I want to see from the Patriots would probably be the re-signings of Talib and Edelman, acquisitions of a wide receiver (Hakeem Nicks comes to mind), veteran pass rusher (Allen, Tuck, Philips...), along with drafting a tight end and defensive tackle. I don't see the Larry Fitzgerald deal going down and am honestly not sure he'd be worth the price of draft picks or the cost to are cap anyway. As far as the rest of the league:

I still see Bridgewater being the #1 overall pick and Johnny Manziel following him when the Rams deal their #2 pick away to the highest bidder

Jimmy Graham and the Saints skip the Tight End or Wide Receiver franchise tag drama and agree on $100M deal.

Colin Kaeprenick and Cam Newton get big, albeit not record breaking, extensions that lock them up into their 30s. Vick gets a one year deal and a chance to be a starter somewhere.

There is at least one rule change that people overreact to and misconstrue as a big deal (think 'crown of the helmet' rule last year)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

For my Pats they NEED to resign Edelmen and Talib. As for pass rushers, I think we are set there. We need more DT depth and a coverage LB. We also need a Blount like RB if we decide not to resign him.

Who are the major free agents this year?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boston_Boyy

@sherman-tank1 said:

For my Pats they NEED to resign Edelmen and Talib. As for pass rushers, I think we are set there. We need more DT depth and a coverage LB. We also need a Blount like RB if we decide not to resign him.

Who are the major free agents this year?

Top Free agent list, free agents ranked by position, and cap info.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Boston_Boyy

Also, if we're looking ahead to next year, here are some early odds for the Super bowl. If I were making a value bet I'd probably put some money on the Colts at 28 to 1, their practically guarantee a playoff spot in that division, the team in general has a huge amount of cap space as I posted above, while Luck remains a special talent and will be more comfortable with Wayne back next year.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

Hawks have some guys to resign. Tate can bounce, I don't really think he's important to the overall success of the team. I'd much rather keep Baldwin and Kearse. I'd like to see Bennett resigned, but again, we have so much depth. We can afford to lose guys like that. I fucking love this team. The depth is unreal.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50499 Posts

I just noticed Peyton sounds like dr. Phil...

anywho, skins need everything but a qb and rb. Literally

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monkeytoes61

I'll be interested to see Morris in a different scheme. Not saying that he's not good, but Shanahan's zone running scheme has turned scrubs into 1000 yard rushers.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GotFiveRings
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I just noticed Peyton sounds like dr. Phil...

anywho, skins need everything but a qb and rb. Literally

Nah, they need those too. Morris will look like a bitch without Elf. Team is shit and so is your fuckin face.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The-Apostle

I'm glad Jermichael Finley is coming back. Packers need a tight end and he and Andrew Quarless are both entering free agency. I'd rather see Finley stay than Quarless. Quarless is a good blocker but doesn't have Finley's play-making ability. Again the Packers need to focus on the OL and defense. That and fire Capers...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox  Online

@GotFiveRings: Least he doesn't get hurt every game like that bitch you got on that pussy team

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I can hit fan free agency this year. Adopt a scrub football team, gain low expectations. Win one game? Shit best year ever. LETS DO IT CLEVELAND...but no seriously.

Um NFL offseason teams im interested in I guess...

Broncos: like what the **** do you do after that ass whipping? Plus Peyton is older

New England: Someone has to get Tom Brady weapons right? ....right?................right?

Colts: whatever they plan on doing to give Luck more of a team to work with. Mostly to fix his line. I see that neckbeard punk eventually having his slay the dragon moment.

Packers: I'd like to see what they plan on doing to fix that line(for once) or that defense(because holy shit).

Seattle/San Fran: I want to see another offseason where they try to one up each other. It would be delightful.

Saints and Carolina: how they handle their cap issues, as well as get their QBs better lines.

Otherwise the rest of the league is up in the air. Otherwise major wishlist: I'd like more talent picked up in the AFC so those teams get better. Because they are kind of like what the East is in the NBA. Like was the NFC this bad when the AFC was having its most recent run? I mean it was bad, but this bad?(in comparison)

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GotFiveRings

@Chutebox said:

@GotFiveRings: Least he doesn't get hurt every game like that bitch you got on that pussy team

He's a product of that piece of shit school OU, of course he's an injury prone ****.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 monkeytoes61

Thanks for all the kind words, friends. Super Bowl glory is sweet indeed. I live a couple hours outside of Seattle right now, but I'm thinking I might skip class and drive down for the parade tomorrow.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GotFiveRings

@monkeytoes61 said:

Thanks for all the kind words, friends. Super Bowl glory is sweet indeed. I live a couple hours outside of Seattle right now, but I'm thinking I might skip class and drive down for the parade tomorrow.

**** you waste. I hope you get trampled by a bunch of potheads.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

**** you waste. I hope you get trampled by a bunch of potheads.

I think he's trying to say he's happy for you.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@GotFiveRings: LOL

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By monkeytoes61

Definitely going to the parade tomorrow. Will post pictures of potheads for Bobbles. And I will be wearing my T Jack jersey to confirm my status as non-bandwagon.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GotFiveRings

@monkeytoes61 said:

Definitely going to the parade tomorrow. Will post pictures of potheads for Bobbles. And I will be wearing my T Jack jersey to confirm my status as non-bandwagon.

That doesn't prove shit other than you bought some waste's jersey cause you stink. Wear a Largent jersey or GTFO.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monkeytoes61

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

That doesn't prove shit other than you bought some waste's jersey cause you stink. Wear a Largent jersey or GTFO.

Haha, I do have a Largent jersey, but T Jack owns.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GotFiveRings

@monkeytoes61 said:

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

Haha, I do have a Largent jersey, but T Jack owns.

Lmao, sad statement friend. You high?

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

@monkeytoes61: Wear your Fitzpatrick leg warmers too bro.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Bills will always blow gorilla wang no matter what, but it'd be cool for the team to give fans a good TE to at least make the months-long mental/emotional/physical state of being gang-beating pass quicker and if we're lucky a bit more memorable.

But f*ck it we'll probably just mark for death some poor RB or CB from a SEC school.

EJ really is the only hope (besides FJax because he's the hulk)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Jags gonna win that Super Bowl next year.

I'm gonna buy a Kelvin Benjamin jersey no matter where he lands.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I can hit fan free agency this year. Adopt a scrub football team, gain low expectations. Win one game? Shit best year ever. LETS DO IT CLEVELAND...but no seriously.

Um NFL offseason teams im interested in I guess...

Broncos: like what the **** do you do after that ass whipping? Plus Peyton is older

New England: Someone has to get Tom Brady weapons right? ....right?................right?

Colts: whatever they plan on doing to give Luck more of a team to work with. Mostly to fix his line. I see that neckbeard punk eventually having his slay the dragon moment.

Packers: I'd like to see what they plan on doing to fix that line(for once) or that defense(because holy shit).

Seattle/San Fran: I want to see another offseason where they try to one up each other. It would be delightful.

Saints and Carolina: how they handle their cap issues, as well as get their QBs better lines.

Otherwise the rest of the league is up in the air. Otherwise major wishlist: I'd like more talent picked up in the AFC so those teams get better. Because they are kind of like what the East is in the NBA. Like was the NFC this bad when the AFC was having its most recent run? I mean it was bad, but this bad?(in comparison)

What about DA Bears? =(

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I quite enjoy shitting on Fire Emblem for when the BEars suck, if only because he defends Jay Cutler like a Tony Romo/Peyton Manning apologist. Which is fine at least because Peyton Manning is good enough for apologists. So watching Jay Cutler not be successful is mildly entertaining to me if only to badger Fire Emblem. NEVER FORGET THE QUITLER PABLO!!

But uh...they need defensive help. Like quick. Melton being back should help their cause, but in that conference you need tighter defensive play. Especially since they have to deal with Rodgers. That said Cutler before he got hurt was having his best year, and if(big if) he stays healthy there is a good chance those boys make the playoffs. Those outside receivers certainly make them impressive, and Matt Forte is terrific. Personally I think it feels like they throw too much when Cutler is starting. Where as with Josh they almost make it a mission to make sure the offense goes through Forte. In that case I'd rather they make it their mission to have it run through forte. At least between the Bears games I've seen.

Otherwise yeah I'm not exactly against the Bears not making the playoffs. **** Fire EMblem Man's happiness. ANd **** Chicago's pizza. Aint got shit on Brooklyn.

-subzero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By -subzero-
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

@Boston_Boyy: I read some analysis earlier this morning where Chuck Pagano may actually be hindering the Colts.

Bear with me before the pitchforks come out: We've repeatedly heard his team philosophy: a team that runs, and is built to stop the run. He keeps forcing it.

His defense wasn't able to stop the run in multiple games (see: Colts Vs. Chiefs; Colts Vs. Patriots). He's not utilizing the arm of his star quarterback. When you have a back like Trent Richardson who doesn't have great vision and a line that can hardly block, you should use Luck 35-40 times a game.

I think the rise of the Titans and Jaguars shouldn't be overlooked. They're probably not gonna compete with the Colts this year for a playoff spot, but I feel the Colts may end up bowing out again. They don't seem to be a SB winner.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

inb4TexansDraftManziel

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PSP107

@jg4xchamp said:

ANd **** Chicago's pizza. Aint got shit on Brooklyn.

Now you're crazy.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The-Apostle

Nick Collins is trying to come back. Link

I know the Packers are desperate. We've sucked at the safety position since his injury but is anyone really willing to take a chance on him?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Oh yeah watch out for the Raiders to make moves in free agency. They have plenty of cap now to use. Probably will suck anyways but still interesting to see what happens.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By monkeytoes61

Seattle is an absolute shit show today. I couldn't get in. The train I always take into Seattle had two hour waits (it runs every seven minutes), the parking lots were completely full and street parking was full about five blocks deep.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PSP107

@monkeytoes61:

What you think about Wilson reporting to the Texas Rangers Spring Training?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Boston_Boyy

I don't see Wilson going to spring training as anything but a fun story and some free publicity. I don't see any chance he actually plays the sport competitively.

The NFL did announce today that half of next year's Thursday night games will be on CBS. Personally I'm torn here. I think Thursday night games, as they stand today, are generally a bad product (and not just because of the matchups) and bad for the players. That being it's hard to argue with more games being on free TV every week and I think the NFL could bring the games back up to the standard if they re-worked their bye week system.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chutebox  Online

There's been no proof Thursday games are bad for players. To adjust to this, they just do less or no physical hitting in practice that week. It's really not a big deal. And that's actually pretty cool, although I actually like the coverage on NFL Network.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PSP107

@Boston_Boyy said:
and I think the NFL could bring the games back up to the standard if they re-worked their bye week system.

Personally I'm not a fan of the early bye weeks. But what do you suggest?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox  Online

@PSP107: he is suggesting only teams coming off bye weeks pay on Thursday night

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

As this SuperBowl demonstrated somewhat... defense wins championships.

Therefore mah Boys in Dallas will never win a title in the foreseeable fuuture. Seriously... this past season's defense literally made me want to kill myself.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The-Apostle
@Major_Snake said:

As this SuperBowl demonstrated somewhat... defense wins championships.

Therefore mah Boys in Dallas will never win a title in the foreseeable fuuture. Seriously... this past season's defense literally made me want to kill myself.

Yeah... Packers D is atrocious as well...

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I am curious to see if the Lions are going to make any big signings this year. Picking up Reggie Bush was an awesome move. With the coaching change I feel we already have decent prospects of making the playoffs especially if the coaches are able to straighten out Stafford. A big signing for the team would just further my prediction of them getting back to the playoffs next year.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Boston_Boyy

Projected mid-round pick Michael Sam will likely become the gay player in the NFL, wonder who the first player/media personality will be to say something homophobic on the issue will be. In all seriousness though I'm glad to see progress, he seems like a good representative and it's hard to root against a guy who had to overcome all of this (from OTL interview):

"I endured so much in my past: seeing my older brother killed from a gunshot wound, not knowing that my oldest sister died when she was a baby and I never got the chance to meet her. My second oldest brother went missing in 1998, and me and my little sister were the last ones to see him ... my other two brothers have been in and out of jail since 8th grade, currently both in jail. "Telling the world I'm gay is nothing compared to that."

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chutebox  Online

Cool, can we stop talking about it now?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Boston_Boyy

@Chutebox said:

Cool, can we stop talking about it now?

I know the media's going to beat it to death and what not. But Ignoring it doesn't mean it's not significant.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GotFiveRings

Dude has a bunch of brothers and sisters and he likes to lick wein. Cool story. What's to talk about?

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 monkeytoes61

I'm not even turning on ESPN for the next few days, no point. If homosexuals want to be treated the exact same way, then this shouldn't matter. Nobody gets the top story on ESPN for coming out as straight.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@GotFiveRings said:

Dude has a bunch of brothers and sisters and he likes to lick wein. Cool story. What's to talk about?

Word... I'm tired of Obama & Libtards shoving this stuff in everyone's face.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GotFiveRings

@monkeytoes61: This summed it up well.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GotFiveRings

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@GotFiveRings said:

Word... I'm tired of Obama & Libtards shoving this stuff in everyone's face.

No shit, Obama is a **** and libs stink. Thanks.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

Fran Tarkenton highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig22zH-81Fc