Official 2014 NFL offseason topic

#51 Edited by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

Oh you guys... where do I start...

So you have a football player coming out of the closet and you have people like yourselves calling him out for being an attention seeker. Which is the laziest opinion to have. For example, you do realize that Dan LeBatard did get call out for being an attention seeker for giving away his Baseball Hall of Fame vote right? Which you guys knows is non-sense because he was trying to make a point. So let me ask this, who the hell would want to get the kind of attention Michael Sam is getting and is going to get for the rest of his life? He's also trying to make a point, making homosexuality as normal as heterosexuality. He's putting his own well-being on the line for a just cause, that takes balls.

#52 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

@RevanBITW: You should keep that shit to yourself imo.

#53 Edited by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@RevanBITW: You should keep that shit to yourself imo.

Why? See thats exactly the problem, nobody should be bothered by this, and yet here we are.

#54 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

@X360PS3AMD05: Pretty random to post that, but I always tell people that Russell Wilson reminds me of Fran Tarkenton so much. They are the exact same player. Scrambling not for yards, but to elongate the play and find an open man.

#55 Edited by Boston_Boyy (3909 posts) -

Cleveland Browns have fired CEO Joe Banner and GM Mike Lombardi after one season, poor Browns fans. They probably had it coming, but I don't see any scenario where this kind of instability could possibly be construed as a positive.

#56 Posted by GotFiveRings (375 posts) -

@RevanBITW: Except being gay isn't normal. Thanks.

#57 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3909 posts) -

@GotFiveRings: Even if that were true (it's not), idk why people think it excuses homophobia.

#58 Posted by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

Sex between 2 consenting adults seems pretty normal to me.

#59 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -
#60 Posted by RevanBITW (539 posts) -
#61 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

Top 10 NFL free agents from bleacher report. Who do you want for your team? I would love to see the lions let Pettigrew go and sign Graham, but N.O. will probably franchise him.

10 Knowshon Moreno

9 Brandon Albert

8 Brent Grimes

7 TJ Ward

6 Jairus Byrd

5 Eric Decker

4 Alex Mack

3 Brian Orakpo

2 Greg Hardy

1 Jimmy Graham

#62 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

@GotFiveRings said:

You think it's normal, I don't. Agree to disagree. I'm not gonna argue on this topic man.

#63 Edited by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@RevanBITW said:

@GotFiveRings said:

You think it's normal, I don't. Agree to disagree. I'm not gonna argue on this topic man.

If you're not willing to argue then stfu and don't give your opinion. Throwing your 2 cents out there and not willing to back it up is cowardice.

#64 Posted by GotFiveRings (375 posts) -

@Boston_Boyy: How's it not true? Can you reproduce that way? No. If other species were full of homos, they wouldn't have survived. Darwin is laughing in his grave at the idea of homosexuality being "normal". Just because it's not normal, doesn't mean I have any ill will towards gays. IDGAF if you wanna lick wein or not. Lick wein all you want and drink the gravy all you want, just don't hit on me and try and flaunt it in my face.

#65 Edited by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

@GotFiveRings said:

@Boston_Boyy: How's it not true? Can you reproduce that way? No. If other species were full of homos, they wouldn't have survived. Darwin is laughing in his grave at the idea of homosexuality being "normal". Just because it's not normal, doesn't mean I have any ill will towards gays. IDGAF if you wanna lick wein or not. Lick wein all you want and drink the gravy all you want, just don't hit on me and try and flaunt it in my face.

The idea is that you shouldn't have to actively hide your homosexuality, so you the only way of breaking that taboo is to bring it up and move on. How is he flaunting it? Sounds like you're the easily offended one. And BTW, sex with protection is normal right? And yet it's not serving the reproduction purpose of it. Should we be shamed for having sex without the intent of reproducing? Your logic is retarded lmao.

#66 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

Waiting for forum posters to come out. Chutebox, do it dude. We support you. You have nothing to fear friend.

#67 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

@RevanBITW: LOL, it's no use arguing brah. You will not change my opinion or me change yours. This is NFL discussion son not gay talk.

#68 Posted by RevanBITW (539 posts) -

@RevanBITW: LOL, it's no use arguing brah. You will not change my opinion or me change yours. This is NFL discussion son not gay talk.

Coward.

#69 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -
#70 Posted by GotFiveRings (375 posts) -

@RevanBITW: Uh, not really. The main purpose of sex is to reproduce..... thanks dude. You lick wein brah?

#71 Posted by GotFiveRings (375 posts) -

@DaBrainz: Anthony Spencer>>>All those scrubs.

#72 Edited by RevanBITW (539 posts) -
#73 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8103 posts) -

Being gay isn't normal. That isn't an opinion, it is a fact. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it though.

#74 Edited by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@RevanBITW said:

@GotFiveRings said:

If you're not willing to argue then stfu and don't give your opinion. Throwing your 2 cents out there and not willing to back it up is cowardice.

He's trying to stop the thread derailment. And I agree. Let's just agree to disagree and get back on topic.

#75 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

Making a group. Cowboys fans against gays. CFAG, it fits. Let me know if you wanna join, thanks.

#76 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

Yeah, I don't give a shit if you take it in the ass or pound pussy, it's completely irrelevant in this arena and doesn't need to be announced to the world. I'm not saying you have to hide it, just don't make a show of it. There's a difference.

#77 Edited by -subzero- (586 posts) -

What doe everyone think of the Browns? Do they finally have a stable FO this year?

#78 Edited by Chutebox (36463 posts) -

@Put_in_Kitna: Haha , fuck you, chump!

And the point is that shit is personal. It has NOTHING to do with the game. Keep your life to yourself and like someone said, move on.

And no, it isn't normal

On topic: redskins will not resign orakpo. A shitty defense going to get worse! Alright

#79 Posted by Chutebox (36463 posts) -

@-subzero-: FO?

#80 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3909 posts) -

@monkeytoes61: Is it really really possible to be a gay NFL player in today's league without having to take measures hide it due to the modern TMZ/citizen era? The media circus would likely have been just as big, if not bigger had he been forced out rather than done come on his own terms, particularly if he were unprepared and it happened during the season. I think by getting ahead of before he's even in the league, and having prepared, thoughtful answers he did the best he could do in this situation. The media coverage will run its course and eventually things will settle down. The next few players to come out will attract attention, but the more situations we see handled in a professional manner the less newsworthy these events become.

#81 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

@Boston_Boyy: All I've heard from former players the last couple days is that they've all had many gay teammates. Point is, sexual orientation is completely irrelevant and doesn't need to be announced to the world.

#82 Edited by Chutebox (36463 posts) -

It is media pushed. They love this shit

#83 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

Making a group. Cowboys fans against gays. CFAG, it fits. Let me know if you wanna join, thanks.

lmao

Man our team is hopeless. We need some kind of miracle with the defense.

#84 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

@Boston_Boyy: All I've heard from former players the last couple days is that they've all had many gay teammates. Point is, sexual orientation is completely irrelevant and doesn't need to be announced to the world.

"If I had a gay teammate, Id punch his face in" - Kitna to Seattle Times 1999 quote.

#85 Edited by Boston_Boyy (3909 posts) -

Richie Incognito went off today. Was getting pretty sick of this story and truthfully kind of hate both of the players involved, but this is pretty fucking hilarious.

#86 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3420 posts) -

Lot of dudes in here obsessing over this gay topic... Hmm I wonder why.

#87 Posted by Chutebox (36463 posts) -
#88 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8103 posts) -

Belichick gave a game ball to a player because he took a shit on the sidelines once. That takes balls.

#89 Edited by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

Y'all should just stick to football talk... smh

#90 Posted by jg4xchamp (47128 posts) -

Y'all should just stick to football talk... smh

#91 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

It would figure. The Seahawks finally win the Super Bowl, and some fairy decides to come out and take away all the attention.

#92 Posted by sfkm2 (67772 posts) -

I return from a big break and the big topic in the new thread is about Sam. *sighs*

I'm not saying it's right but just respect them. If two girls were in the same room with us and kiss wildy in front of us. What would happen? Probably most of us would be like OH YEAH! (copying Macho Man's catchphrase)

Let's get back on topic because this is getting ugly. In other news, bad about the Saints. Sad day.

#93 Posted by yokofox33 (29281 posts) -

I'd take Sam on the Jaguars any day. Of course, it would lead to endless "Faguars" jokes, but whatever.

#94 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

It would figure. The Seahawks finally win the Super Bowl, and some fairy decides to come out and take away all the attention.

LOL.

If you like it in the ass IDRGAF, that's your business. It's funny though that if you disagree with that lifestyle people call you a bigot or homophobe. That's not the case at all. I just think mofos make too big of a deal of it & a lot of them are hypocrites. Whatever the fuck ever though, moving on.

#95 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

Not even sure who the Hawks should take on draft day. I've never seen such a deep team before. There are almost no holes. Offensive line could use some work. I'd also like to bring in a big wide receiver, as Sidney Rice is almost guaranteed to end up as a salary cap casualty.

#96 Edited by jg4xchamp (47128 posts) -

"there are almost no holes"

The fuck their offensive line is pretty shaky. Max Unger and Okung got some top tier hype behind them, but frankly they've shown they can be had. Russel Wilson's ability to extend plays is huge for that team so they don't get noticed as much, but otherwise I would argue that is a more glaring hole than the fact that they don't really have a game breaker at WR or Tight End.

#97 Edited by Chutebox (36463 posts) -

For hawks I'd say wr and ol. For redskins, do fan much. 2012 was pure luck. This team has a long was to go

#98 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8329 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: Hence the "almost." Offensive line had its struggles, but I consider it less of a hole considering the quarterback. Had a true pocket passer been back there last season, we would have won ten games at the most. I think Zach Miller could be that guy at TE, but he's stuck being a glorified RT in our offense, and will likely be a cap casualty as well.

#99 Edited by yokofox33 (29281 posts) -

Jags needs a ton of players, most notably QB, RB, CBs, and DEs.

#100 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8103 posts) -

It would be great if the Patriots can get a DT that can play beside Vince. Kelly will be gone after next season and Wilfork will be getting up there in age.