Official 2012 NFL Season thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Here we will talk about the NFL season...

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Vikings win it all!
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Kinda (very) early.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

And the team with the toughest schedule is the Broncos. I just want to make sure people see this. Also what do you think of this video?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8124377

Here are the rest of the 5 in, 5 out videos.

http://search.espn.go.com/5-in-5-out/videos/6

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
Vikings win it all!juden41
I wish
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-Apostle
Kinda (very) early.Silverbond
Eh... The offseason thread was created during the playoffs, so...
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Obviously I want the Chiefs to go all the way since I'm a Chiefs fan. Now that that's out of the way I'm betting on SanFran to make another strong run, with their biggest threat being the Packers in the NFC. I'm calling the 49ers to go to the superbowl. In the AFC I'm still somewhat undecided. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Chiefs make it to the playoffs but to make it through we need a better QB. Just for the sake of evening things up I'll call the Ravens in the AFC.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

If the Vikings win 7 games, I will die of shock. OH WELL they will not be moving.:P

roulettethedog
small victories... =/
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Kinda (very) early.Silverbond
Was thinking the same thing.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The-Apostle
Go Packers!
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

You do realize there is already a NFL thread....

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GameboyTroy

sherman-tank1
This thread is about the new season. The other one is about the offseason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

GameboyTroy

This thread is about the new season. The other one is about the offseason.

The other one is meant for discussion about the off-season and the upcoming season. It is called the off-season thread because the next season hasn't come into existance yet,

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Well, because this thread needs to get on track, and I have nothing better to do, let's start with the playoff predictions. Here are mine.

Division Champions:

AFC:
AFC East- New England Patriots
AFC North- Baltimore Ravens
AFC South- Houston Texans
AFC West- Kansas City Chiefs
AFC Wild Cards- Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:
NFC East- Philadelphia Eagles
NFC North-Green Bay Packers
NFC South- New Orleans Saints
NFC South- San Francisco 49rs
NFC Wild Cards- Chicago Bears, New York Giants

Championship games:
AFC: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans
NFC: Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears

Super Bowl:
New England Patriots vs. Green Bay Packers

Perhaps a little vanilla on my part, and will almost be certainly wrong in many aspects, including the ones that for the moment seem safe, for the moment anyway. It also made me realize how much the power has swung from the AFC to the NFC, who in my projections will have good times like the Lions, Falcons, Panthers, and Cowboys miss the playoffs.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GameboyTroy

Well, because this thread needs to get on track, and I have nothing better to do, let's start with the playoff predictions. Here are mine.
AFC:

NFC:

Championship games:

Super Bowl:

No big shockers I know, especially with the Super Bowl pick, which despite being slightly homerish, feels like it's been trending for the past 4 years or so.

Boston_Boyy
The AFC East will have a 3 way battle between the Patriots, Bills and Jets. For the AFC the Titans can win the division their O-line looks scary right now. Their WRs are set for the next few years, their 2 TEs are good and Cook wants to take his game to another level, their OTs are great and they have 2 QBs that can play. Move over Texans. The Titans can beat them, they did it last season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I suppose I'll do mine too.

AFC:
East - Patriots

North - Ravens

South - Texans

West - Broncos

Wild Cards - Bills, Chargers

NFC:

East - Eagles

North - Packers

South - Falcons

West - 49ers

Wild Cards - Bears, Saints

AFC Championship - Patriots vs. Chargers

NFC Championship - Packers vs. Falcons

Super Bowl - Patriots vs. Packers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

AFC:

NFC:

Championship games:

Super Bowl:

No big shockers I know, especially with the Super Bowl pick, which despite being slightly homerish, feels like it's been trending for the past 4 years or so.

GameboyTroy

The AFC East will have a 3 way battle between the Patriots, Bills and Jets. For the AFC the Titans can win the division their O-line looks scary right now. Their WRs are set for the next few years, their 2 TEs are good and Cook wants to take his game to another level, their OTs are great and they have 2 QBs that can play. Move over Texans. The Titans can beat them, they did it last season.

Dude the Titans are a good team but the Texans are STACKED.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

sherman-tank1

I have proof that they were able to beat the Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012010104/2011/REG17/titans@texans#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"] The AFC East will have a 3 way battle between the Patriots, Bills and Jets. For the AFC the Titans can win the division their O-line looks scary right now. Their WRs are set for the next few years, their 2 TEs are good and Cook wants to take his game to another level, their OTs are great and they have 2 QBs that can play. Move over Texans. The Titans can beat them, they did it last season.GameboyTroy

I have proof that they were able to beat the Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012010104/2011/REG17/titans@texans#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Yeah, they beat them because it was Week 17. Instead of going to OT the Texans tried a two point conversion and failed because the game was meaningless for the Texans. The Texans backups were playing against the Titan starters and they still could of gone to OT. Also the Texans at that time had no Andre Johnson and a 3rd string QB.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
I'm predicting my Colts will be 1-15 no I'll give them 2-14. I don't even want to see what is going to happen haha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I'm predicting my Colts will be 1-15 no I'll give them 2-14. I don't even want to see what is going to happen haha. xXDrPainXx
So with better coaching staff and the number one draft pick you expect them to do just as bad as last year? I'll give them 5 wins.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Indianapolis Colts 2012 Schedule

Hard to find 5 wins, even teams like the Vikings, Browns and Jacksonville could be tough for them. I don't see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Hard to find 5 wins, even teams like the Vikings, Browns and Jacksonville could be tough for them. I don't see it.

Master_Live

They have a chance against the Vikings, Browns, Jaguars (twice), Jets, Chiefs, Phins, Bills, and I see them winning against the Texans in Week 17 because if the Texans play to their potential it will be a meaningless game for them.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

sherman-tank1

They have a chance against the Vikings, Browns, Jaguars (twice), Jets, Chiefs, Phins, Bills, and I see them winning against the Texans in Week 17 because if the Texans play to their potential it will be a meaningless game for them.

They can beat Vikings, Jaguars, Browns and Dolphins. I'm not sure about the rest. Just hope that they drafted well and did well in the free agency. Tons of players left the team in the offseason. Luck can't do everything for the team. Luck is going to need luck to get more than 5 wins.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82aa0455/AFC-South-camp-questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

GameboyTroy

They can beat Vikings, Jaguars, Browns and Dolphins. I'm not sure about the rest. Just hope that they drafted well and did well in the free agency. Tons of players left the team in the offseason. Luck can't do everything for the team. Luck is going to need luck to get more than 5 wins.

To make it more clear I'm saying they have a chance against these teams. I don't think they will win against teams like the Bills or Chiefs but they have a chance.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]They have a chance against the Vikings, Browns, Jaguars (twice), Jets, Chiefs, Phins, Bills, and I see them winning against the Texans in Week 17 because if the Texans play to their potential it will be a meaningless game for them.

sherman-tank1

To make it more clear I'm saying they have a chance against these teams. I don't think they will win against teams like the Bills or Chiefs but they have a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

[QUOTE="xXDrPainXx"]I'm predicting my Colts will be 1-15 no I'll give them 2-14. I don't even want to see what is going to happen haha. sherman-tank1

So with better coaching staff and the number one draft pick you expect them to do just as bad as last year? I'll give them 5 wins.

Being quite generous there. Hopefully we just don't pull a Detroit of previous years and just be the Lions 2.0.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#29 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Seahawks have a chance this season, 9-7 or 10-6 definitely not out of the question. If Flynn ends up being what he has the potential to be, with a top ten defense, a nice winning season and maybe eeking out a playoff spot could be in order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Seahawks have a chance this season, 9-7 or 10-6 definitely not out of the question. If Flynn ends up being what he has the potential to be, with a top ten defense, a nice winning season and maybe eeking out a playoff spot could be in order.monkeytoes61
I want you guys getting to the playoffs but I don't see it. All the other divisions in the NFC are STACKED.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Seahawks have a chance this season, 9-7 or 10-6 definitely not out of the question. If Flynn ends up being what he has the potential to be, with a top ten defense, a nice winning season and maybe eeking out a playoff spot could be in order.sherman-tank1

I want you guys getting to the playoffs but I don't see it. All the other divisions in the NFC are STACKED.

I can see the Seahawks getting to the playoffs. I still say the Packers should've got something for Flynn that would've counted for this season...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Seahawks have a chance this season, 9-7 or 10-6 definitely not out of the question. If Flynn ends up being what he has the potential to be, with a top ten defense, a nice winning season and maybe eeking out a playoff spot could be in order.The-Apostle

I can see the Seahawks getting to the playoffs. I still say the Packers should've got something for Flynn that would've counted for this season...

I don't. You got the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and 49ers all with a legit shot at making the playoffs. Flynn has to be really good if the Seahawks want to squeeze in.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]I want you guys getting to the playoffs but I don't see it. All the other divisions in the NFC are STACKED.

sherman-tank1

I don't. You got the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and 49ers all with a legit shot at making the playoffs. Flynn has to be really good if the Seahawks want to squeeze in.

I think it could go like this: 1: Packers 2: Saints 3: 49ers 4: Giants 5: Eagles 6: Seahawks Yup... :D
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I can see the Seahawks getting to the playoffs. I still say the Packers should've got something for Flynn that would've counted for this season...

The-Apostle

I think it could go like this: 1: Packers 2: Saints 3: 49ers 4: Giants 5: Eagles 6: Seahawks Yup... :D

Honestly you'd be better off hoping for the 49ers to fall back to earth and hope for the division crown. Would seem easier than betting on having a better season than the Lions, Cowboys, Falcons, Panthers, and Bears.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]I don't. You got the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and 49ers all with a legit shot at making the playoffs. Flynn has to be really good if the Seahawks want to squeeze in.

Boston_Boyy

Honestly you'd be better off hoping for the 49ers to fall back to earth and hope for the division crown. Would seem easier than betting on having a better season than the Lions, Cowboys, Falcons, Panthers, and Bears.

Erm... I'm a Packers fan? Hello? Obviously, I'm putting my team on top, though I actually think they have a legit shot at it. Anyway, I'm also rooting for Flynn because if he does we get draft picks next year.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]I don't. You got the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, and 49ers all with a legit shot at making the playoffs. Flynn has to be really good if the Seahawks want to squeeze in.

Boston_Boyy

I would switch the 49ers with the Giants. Also the Packers did have the best record last season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I think it could go like this: 1: Packers 2: Saints 3: 49ers 4: Giants 5: Eagles 6: Seahawks Yup... :DGameboyTroy

I would switch the 49ers with the Giants.

I disagree. I do hate Giants, I will put that out there, but I think they won't claim the division. They barely made it out of an underwhelming division last season and they haven't exactly got any better. If the Eagles play to their potential or the Cowboys defense shores up, the Giants will be in for a hard season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I think it could go like this: 1: Packers 2: Saints 3: 49ers 4: Giants 5: Eagles 6: Seahawks Yup... :DThe-Apostle

Erm... I'm a Packers fan? Hello? Obviously, I'm putting my team on top, though I actually think they have a legit shot at it. Anyway, I'm also rooting for Flynn because if he does we get draft picks next year.

I think it is fair to say Packers will be number 1 seed in the NFC again, barring any serious injury to Rodgers.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]Honestly you'd be better off hoping for the 49ers to fall back to earth and hope for the division crown. Would seem easier than betting on having a better season than the Lions, Cowboys, Falcons, Panthers, and Bears.

sherman-tank1

I would switch the 49ers with the Giants.

I disagree. I do hate Giants, I will put that out there, but I think they won't claim the division. They barely made it out of an underwhelming division last season and they haven't exactly got any better. If the Eagles play to their potential or the Cowboys defense shores up, the Giants will be in for a hard season.

I forgot that you hate the Giants. Don't forget that they won the SB last season. They're going to have a lot of confidence next season.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

AFC North: Steelers- It's close between the ravens/steelers, but ...I'll take Big Ben over Joe Flacco as my tiebreaker.
AFC South: Texans- Colts are rebuilding, jags suck, and the Titans are going to get rocked early and often. Oh and they have a top 5 defense and run game.
AFC East: Patriots- Tom Brady still a NFL QB? They win the division unless he gets hurt or something.
AFC West: Broncos- I'm homering for Peyton Manning. My head says it's the Chargers, but my heart wants to go with Peyton.

Wild Cards: Chargers and Ravens

NFC North: Packers- Best QB in football, plenty of talent on defense to improve from the sh1tty play in 2011. People forget that same defense was legit in 2010
NFC South: Panthers- Saints could be shaky this year, and I'm sick and tired of seeing Matt Ryan in the playoffs. Lets go Cam.
NFC East: Cowboys- Wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles beat them out, but I think the cowboys should pull it off. Giants lose out because of the schedule
NFC West: 49ers- Best defense in football. F*cking love watching that defense play.

Wild Cards: Saints and Giants

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

NFC North: Packers- Best QB in football, plenty of talent on defense to improve from the sh1tty play in 2011. People forget that same defense was legit in 2010

jg4xchamp

You wanna make a bet on this? The Packers have bigger competition this season, as Da Bears and Lions improved.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

FireEmblem_Man

You wanna make a bet on this? The Packers have bigger competition this season, as Da Bears and Lions improved.

The Lions will beat themselves, the bears o-line is still questionable at best, and sure I'll bet that a healthy Aaron Rodgers keeps them at the top of their division.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

FireEmblem_Man

I'd be willing to bet on what he said. The Packers wer 15-1 last season. Chances are they won't achieve that again but if they can do that with their defense having a down year, then I'm sure they could go 13-3 or 12-4 this year.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#44 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I can see the Seahawks getting to the playoffs. I still say the Packers should've got something for Flynn that would've counted for this season...

The-Apostle

I think we need to win the division to get it, too many other good teams that will steal wild cards. Bears, Lions, the two odd teams out in the NFC East (Boys, Eagles and Giants). Maybe even the Falcons/Saints.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GameboyTroy

One more thing about the Giants. They were 1 of the 2 only teams to beat the Packers last year but in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The-Apostle
Graham Harrell has improved somewhat. :D
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The-Apostle
At least the game didn't mean anything... >_>
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Chad Johnson just got cut. Can't wait to see it on Hardknocks.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GameboyTroy

Report: Replacement refs could carry over into regular season

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Report: Replacement refs could carry over into regular season

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameboyTroy
Goodell is a smart man but I think he will lose in this one, a couple of blown calls in week 1 a he will cave.