NFL Regular season awards thread

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Cast your ballots here for the following catagories, only using the 2012 regular season to make your picks:

Offensive Rookie of the Year:
Defensive Rookie of the Year:
Coach of the Year:
Comeback Player of the Year:
Offensive Player of the Year:
Defensive Player of the Year:
Most Valuable Player:

I'll take votes until just before the divisional round of the playoffs begin (the end of the 11th) and tally the votes. For what it's worth yes Bruce Arians and Chuck Pagano can be counted as a single vote, and yes you are allowed to have separate OROY and MVPs, but certainly not required.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Boston_Boyy

My Ballot:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Robert Griffin III
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bobby Wagner
Coach of the Year: Bruce Arians and Chuck Pagano
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
Defensive Player of the Year: J.J. Watt
Most Valuable Player: Adrian Peterson

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Offensive Rookie of the Year:Robert Griffin III

Defensive Rookie of the Year:Luke Kuechly

Coach of the Year: John Fox

Comeback Player of the Year: A Peterson

Offensive Player of the Year:A Peterson

Defensive Player of the Year:JJ Watt

Most Valuable Player:All Day AP

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Offensive Rookie of the Year: RG3
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Honestly don't know enough to decide.
Coach of the Year: Pete Carrol
Comeback Player of the Year:AP
Offensive Player of the Year: AP
Most Valuable Player:AP

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck

Coach of the Year: Pete Carroll

Offensive Player of the Year: Peyton Manning

Defensive Player of the Year: Richard Sherman

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox

I don't know why more don't state Pete as CotY. What that team has turned into and his decision I think puts him up there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

ORY: Andrew Luck (Griffin and Wilson had great talent surrounding them, Luck not so much)

DRY: Luke Kuechly

Coach of the Year: Leslie Frazier

OPY: AP

DPY: Watt

MVP: AP

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yusuke420

RGIII has dat QB rating of the "elite tier"...Luck not so much

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boston_Boyy

RGIII has dat QB rating of the "elite tier"...Luck not so much

Yusuke420

It's different situations though. I don't want to go off and say RG3 was babied because truthfully he wasn't anymore than the average rookie starter. But the facts are that early on the Redskins did limit their playbook with lots of screens and other predetermined routes, and throughout the season have let him average a modest 25.5 attempts per start (or 393 total, 25th in the league). He also has the support of a fantastic running game that was ranked first in the league. Andrew Luck has more or less been asked to put the team on his shoulders since he came into the league, there were minimal to no training wheels, or simplificationsthat are usually given to rookie Quarterbacks. His lowest number of passing attempts was 26 (Griffin has thrown for that or under 7 times), and the first four weeks he was in the league his passing attempts were: 45, 31, 46, and 55 respectively. He's 5th in the league in passing attempts, plays without the benefit of an effective running game, and has generally had many more extenuating factors that have made his adjustments to the NFL more difficult (almost entirely new team/coaching staff, 2-14 season, coach's cancer, etc).

My overall point being, RG3 is a fine choice due to his fantastic play, yet still, like many rookie quarterbacks, has many ways benefiting from a lighter load and solid support. Andrew Luck's statistics may not be as fantastic, but this is largely due to a variety of reasons that are out of his control. He deserves a lion's share of credit for his team's 11-5 record that simply would not be possible had be been asked to pass only 25.5 times a game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox

Just a heads up, having a truly balanced offense isn't "limiting" the QB. And they didn't run that many screens. They ran a lot of screens on the first drive of the season, but that's it. If you guys are able to watch his games, please do. You'll realize how good he actually is. It's what all offenses strive for. And the rushing game was so good because of RG3.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Just a heads up, having a truly balanced offense isn't "limiting" the QB. And they didn't run that many screens. They ran a lot of screens on the first drive of the season, but that's it. If you guys are able to watch his games, please do. You'll realize how good he actually is. It's what all offenses strive for. And the rushing game was so good because of RG3.

Chutebox
Not sure about the screen numbers, but anyone who thinks Morris is really that good is insane. He is a product of a system and RG3's running ability. The threat of RG3 running keeps pass rushers like DeMarcus Ware still, allowing Morris to get where he wants to go with much greater ease.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

Not sure about the screen numbers, but anyone who thinks Morris is really that good is insane. He is a product of a system and RG3's running ability. The threat of RG3 running keeps pass rushers like DeMarcus Ware still, allowing Morris to get where he wants to go with much greater ease.

Uh. No. Morris is pretty good. IMO he made RG3 better not the other way around.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yusuke420

Chutebox

Dat Read Option :cool: Also RGIII has shown increadible decision making ability. Luck is a very good QB though and I don't question what he ment to his team. Russel Wilson also deserves a lot of praise. This QB class (Including Ryan Tanehill) is really amazing.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Put_in_Kitna

I didn't say Morris wasn't good, simply that he is not that good. And you are wrong. The Read option that froze Ware week 17 is only effective if the defense respects the QBs ability to run.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Boston_Boyy

Just a heads up, having a truly balanced offense isn't "limiting" the QB. And they didn't run that many screens. They ran a lot of screens on the first drive of the season, but that's it. If you guys are able to watch his games, please do. You'll realize how good he actually is. It's what all offenses strive for. And the rushing game was so goodbecauseof RG3.

Chutebox

Oh I agree that he's very good, and truthfully i'll still give him the nod over Luck. And what you say about the running game is true, but i'll take Alfred Morris and the Redskins O-line over Vick Ballard/Donald Brown and the Colts O-line (though to be fair, i'd also rather have the Colts receiving core). My overall point was that you can't make all judgements based on basic stats (or advanced for that matter), and that despite too many INTs, and a relatively low quarterback rating, Andrew Luck deserves a large share of credit for the Colts being at 11 wins (I.E: The Colts would not have 11 wins had Luck been asked to throw only 25.5 times a game).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Put_in_Kitna

Oh please, Morris is good. Not as good as his numbers though. And if you think he made RG3 better you're nuts.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yusuke420

See now I want to get on Madden and rock some Read Option plays!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

To anyone who thinks RG3 did better than Luck please take the time to understand how wrong you are.

WHY LUCK IS BETTER THAN RG3

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yusuke420

I'll look at the article but I'm inclined to believe that the NY times would be a tad biased to the Washington QB. Also does it account for his 700 yards on the ground, which is something Luck can't do?

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Not sure about the screen numbers, but anyone who thinks Morris is really that good is insane. He is a product of a system and RG3's running ability. The threat of RG3 running keeps pass rushers like DeMarcus Ware still, allowing Morris to get where he wants to go with much greater ease.No_Hablo_Ingles

I didn't say Morris wasn't good, simply that he is not that good. And you are wrong. The Read option that froze Ware week 17 is only effective if the defense respects the QBs ability to run.

Theres a reason why Ware kept going inside to stop Morris not RG3. Ware was also on half a body lmao, anyone would of froze him. He played on pure guts and heart.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Not sure about the screen numbers, but anyone who thinks Morris is really that good is insane. He is a product of a system and RG3's running ability. The threat of RG3 running keeps pass rushers like DeMarcus Ware still, allowing Morris to get where he wants to go with much greater ease.Chutebox

Oh please, Morris is good. Not as good as his numbers though. And if you think he made RG3 better you're nuts.

Neither are as good as their numbers. I think a RB helps out a QB more than the other way around. RGturd is the better player yeah, just saying Morris made RG3 look way better. You think anyone would take the inside on those options if they had some scrub playing? What did VY make Chris Johnson better too?

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 No_Hablo_Ingles

I'll look at the article but I'm inclined to believe that the NY times would be a tad biased to the Washington QB. Also does it account for his 700 yards on the ground, which is something Luck can't do?

Yusuke420
... I don't think you realize how athletic Luck is. He could most certainly run for over 700 yards in a season.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Theres a reason why Ware kept going inside to stop Morris not RG3. Ware was also on half a body lmao, anyone would of froze him. He played on pure guts and heart.

Ware didn't move, period. He was frozen. He didn't go inside to stop Morris, nor outside to stop RG3.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Boston_Boyy

Yusuke420

It did mention it, and basically said that the value of Luck's runs were higher than the sum of their parts due the fact that were taken at the opprtune times (at get first downs and score touchdowns) and it should be noted Luck did have 255 yards and 5 TDs which is hardly anything to sneeze at for a QB. Of course it hardly says that Luck is "clearly" better and is from October which Jaysonguy failed to mention.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Boston_Boyy

It did mention it, and basically said that the value of Luck's runs were higher than the sum of their parts due the fact that were taken at the opprtune times (at get first downs and score touchdowns) and it should be noted Luck did have 255 yards and 5 TDs which is hardly anything to sneeze at for a QB. Of course it hardly says that Luck is "clearly" better and is from October which Jaysonguy failed to mention.

The stats are steady for the rest of the season

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

RG3 has statistically the better season, but Luck has been able to in my opinion to do more with less. 11 wins is pretty amazing for a team that actually got worse talent wise since last season except for QB.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boston_Boyy

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Jaysonguy

Some have evened out a bit so that the discripency isn't quite as large it was in October (like the deep ball and throws behind the line of scrimmage stats) and to be fair, the same writer did endorse RGII for Offensive Rookie of the Year at the end of the season.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox

To anyone who thinks RG3 did better than Luck please take the time to understand how wrong you are.

Jaysonguy

You are a **** idiot and no one wants you here. GTFO.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox

RG3 has statistically the better season, but Luck has been able to in my opinion to do more with less. 11 wins is pretty amazing for a team that actually got worse talent wise since last season except for QB.

sherman-tank1
Only advantage I'll give RG3 with the team thing in mind is the rushing game, which again is in large part to him too.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I didn't say Morris wasn't good, simply that he is not that good. And you are wrong. The Read option that froze Ware week 17 is only effective if the defense respects the QBs ability to run.No_Hablo_Ingles

Ware didn't move, period. He was frozen. He didn't go inside to stop Morris, nor outside to stop RG3.

You talking about one play. Im talking bout the whole game.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Chutebox

:lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

You talking about one play. Im talking bout the whole game.

RG3 isn't exactly 100% either. And they eventually brought a LB to help Ware out...which didn't work at all.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monkeytoes61
I like Luck because they are asking him to do it all right from the get go. Not that Griffin and Wilson haven't been important to their teams, but Luck has meant so much more. Luck doesn't have Griffin and Wilson's top ten rushing attacks, nor Wilson's great defense. They asked him to throw 40 times a game, and they needed him to do that to win every game this year. That's why Luck is my OROY over the other two.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox
I like Luck because they are asking him to do it all right from the get go. Not that Griffin and Wilson haven't been important to their teams, but Luck has meant so much more. Luck doesn't have Griffin and Wilson's top ten rushing attacks, nor Wilson's great defense. They asked him to throw 40 times a game, and they needed him to do that to win every game this year. That's why Luck is my OROY over the other two.monkeytoes61
They n eeded him to do that cause he threw 18 damn INTs and had less than 55% completion. And RG3 is a big reason for THE top rushing offense in the league. Different opinions so I won't keep arguing it lol.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I like Luck because they are asking him to do it all right from the get go. Not that Griffin and Wilson haven't been important to their teams, but Luck has meant so much more. Luck doesn't have Griffin and Wilson's top ten rushing attacks, nor Wilson's great defense. They asked him to throw 40 times a game, and they needed him to do that to win every game this year. That's why Luck is my OROY over the other two.Chutebox
They n eeded him to do that cause he threw 18 damn INTs and had less than 55% completion. And RG3 is a big reason for THE top rushing offense in the league. Different opinions so I won't keep arguing it lol.

Or that Luck had one of the worst defenses in the league, no semblance of a running game, and no real weapon outside of Reggie Wayne.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Boston_Boyy

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I like Luck because they are asking him to do it all right from the get go. Not that Griffin and Wilson haven't been important to their teams, but Luck has meant so much more. Luck doesn't have Griffin and Wilson's top ten rushing attacks, nor Wilson's great defense. They asked him to throw 40 times a game, and they needed him to do that to win every game this year. That's why Luck is my OROY over the other two.Chutebox

It works the opposite way too though. Was him throwing 18 INTs and sub-55% completion not largely a product of the team not being able to establish a running game with Vick Ballard/Donald Brown (yes Griffin helps Morris, but he's far better than those 2), throwing downfield, poor o-line play, and constantly playing from behind?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I like Luck because they are asking him to do it all right from the get go. Not that Griffin and Wilson haven't been important to their teams, but Luck has meant so much more. Luck doesn't have Griffin and Wilson's top ten rushing attacks, nor Wilson's great defense. They asked him to throw 40 times a game, and they needed him to do that to win every game this year. That's why Luck is my OROY over the other two.monkeytoes61

Or that Luck had one of the worst defenses in the league, no semblance of a running game, and no real weapon outside of Reggie Wayne.

Really? You bring that up when having a discussion about Redskins? And as a team, Colts at 1600+ rushing yards. Not too shabby. He didn't have too many weapons, but he did have one of the best WR in the game and a TE he played with in Stanford.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

My Ballot:

Boston_Boyy

Yup.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I don't know why more don't state Pete as CotY. What that team has turned into and his decision I think puts him up there.

Chutebox
Because Arians/Pagano took a 2-14 team and turned them into a contender?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

My Ballot:

Boston_Boyy

Good picks.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

The-Apostle

Because Arians/Pagano took a 2-14 team and turned them into a contender?

Contender is stretching it. And i have already been over why i think it wasnt that big a deal

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Offensive Rookie of the Year: RG3
Defensive Rookie of the Year:
Coach of the Year: Bruce Arians or Leslie Frazer
Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Swatt

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Chutebox

Just because I'm superior to you that's no reason to be rude.

Read my links, learn a couple of things, and maybe after a while you'll make some intelligent posts by agreeing with me.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]It did mention it, and basically said that the value of Luck's runs were higher than the sum of their parts due the fact that were taken at the opprtune times (at get first downs and score touchdowns) and it should be noted Luck did have 255 yards and 5 TDs which is hardly anything to sneeze at for a QB. Of course it hardly says that Luck is "clearly" better and is from October which Jaysonguy failed to mention.

Boston_Boyy

Some have evened out a bit so that the discripency isn't quite as large it was in October (like the deep ball and throws behind the line of scrimmage stats) and to be fair, the same writer did endorse RGII for Offensive Rookie of the Year at the end of the season.

I understand why he did that but I don't agree.

RG3 was asked to do less but he did it very well

Luck was asked to do much more than RG3 but didn't do all of it as well.

I think the biggest thing against RG3 is the play of Kirk Cousins in the same system. The system in Washington is incredibly passer friendly not putting the QB in any real danger of screwing up completely. There's too many safety valves going on, too many throws that rely on YAC to get the yards.

In a lot of ways it reminded of the way Brady was treated when he replaced Bledsoe, the team made everything stupidly simple on offense and fed Brady more plays as he grew either during the game or during the season.

Luck was put into a vertical passing game with a rushing attack that was in the bottom third of the league and most importantly he had to deal with the coaching situation all year long.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

I think the biggest thing against RG3 is the play of Kirk Cousins in the same system. The system in Washington is incredibly passer friendly not putting the QB in any real danger of screwing up completely. There's too many safety valves going on, too many throws that rely on YAC to get the yards.

In a lot of ways it reminded of the way Brady was treated when he replaced Bledsoe, the team made everything stupidly simple on offense and fed Brady more plays as he grew either during the game or during the season.

Luck was put into a vertical passing game with a rushing attack that was in the bottom third of the league and most importantly he had to deal with the coaching situation all year long.

Same BS with no proof. Watch him play, dumb ass. He is that offense and he throws down the field accurately, a lot. Funny that you don't like the guys opinion or follow it when he goes directly against what you want.

Dumb ass.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Just because I'm superior to you that's no reason to be rude.

Read my links, learn a couple of things, and maybe after a while you'll make some intelligent posts by agreeing with me.

You're on the same level as that dude with the devilmaycry avy. A complete dumbass with stupid ass opinions. And I did read your links...that account for half the season....

From your boy, "Griffin might have just had the most impressive rookie season in N.F.L. history."

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]Some have evened out a bit so that the discripency isn't quite as large it was in October (like the deep ball and throws behind the line of scrimmage stats) and to be fair, the same writer did endorse RGII for Offensive Rookie of the Year at the end of the season.

Chutebox

Same BS with no proof. Watch him play, dumb ass. He is that offense and he throws down the field accurately, a lot. Funny that you don't like the guys opinion or follow it when he goes directly against what you want.

Dumb ass.

I have Sunday ticket, so yeah, that happened.

Also Cousins came in and ran that offense perfectly throwing for over 300 yards. So was RG3 the offense that week too?

Luck moved the needle more, RG3 didn't screw up in a system that was created so a QB couldn't screw up.

Luck took an offensive style that 90% of the starting QB's in the league can't run and carried a team to the playoffs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Dumb ass.

I have Sunday ticket, so yeah, that happened.

Also Cousins came in and ran that offense perfectly throwing for over 300 yards. So was RG3 the offense that week too?

Luck moved the needle more, RG3 didn't screw up in a system that was created so a QB couldn't screw up.

Luck took an offensive style that 90% of the starting QB's in the league can't run and carried a team to the playoffs.

Yes, threw 300 yards against the Browns. Bravo. You haven't watched anything, if you had you would realize how stupid your arguement is. There is no such thing as an offense a QB can't screw up. That's just stupid by itself.

90% of QBs in the league? Does it hurt pulling all this **** out of your ass?

Any QB that throws for 18 INTs and 24 TDs is not "carrying" his team to the playoffs. That team is truly what you call a team effort. No one person carried that team. But, if anyone carried that team, I would put it on Wayne before Luck.

I am, however, really excited to see how Luck does next year.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

They both badass QB's, but you gotta give ROY to Griffin based off stats. I think both will get their teams rings in the future though.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Offensive Rookie of the Year:RG3 Defensive Rookie of the Year: Honestly, idk... Coach of the Year: Caroll or Pagano/Arians. Comeback Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson Defensive Player of the Year: Watt or Richard Sherman Most Valuable Player: Adrian Peterson