NBA 2013 Season thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
That's kind-of shocking to me but honestly, it makes sense if this is really his line of reasoning:

Howard is willing to forgo the extra $30 million the Lakers can pay him to play for a coach and in a system he feels will better use his skill set, one source said.

The Lakers getting D'Antoni might go down as one of the worst coach hirings in NBA history.
#52 Posted by Seabas989 (10036 posts) -
#53 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
I said it when he was hired that he would ruin the Lakers. He's the worst coach in the NBA and a team destroyer. And Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss are going to pick him over Dwight Howard. We are really trying hard to emulate the Phoenix Suns and Philadelphia Eagles in terms of complete idiocy from the top on down.
#54 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
"In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans the most unappreciative group of people ever, going on to say that people in Los Angeles are ungrateful.
#55 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
"In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans the most unappreciative group of people ever, going on to say that people in Los Angeles are ungrateful.No_Hablo_Ingles
Serena Winters has no credibility.
#56 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]"In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans the most unappreciative group of people ever, going on to say that people in Los Angeles are ungrateful.-Halftime-

It fits what I wish to be true :P
#57 Posted by -Halftime- (10004 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]"In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans the most unappreciative group of people ever, going on to say that people in Los Angeles are ungrateful.No_Hablo_Ingles

It fits what I wish to be true :P

Don't get me wrong, Dwight very well might walk. But he ain't gonna do it because of the fans. That's ludicrous. People think that professional athletes care that much about the fans? Most Laker(And sports fans in general) are stupid, anyway. If he leaves it's gonna be because of MDA and feeling that he doesn't fit. The fans don't got nothing to do with it. The front office wants him. It's just a matter of if he wants to play for the worst coach in the NBA.
#58 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

We are really trying hard to emulate the Phoenix Suns and Philadelphia Eagles in terms of complete idiocy from the top on down.-Halftime-

:lol:

#59 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -
Hooooooly shit, Bennett's first?
#60 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
Did literally anybody predict Bennett at #1?
#61 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3907 posts) -

The Cavs just drafted Anthony Bennett with the first pick.  Truthfully I don't hate it,  I just don't even know what to say right now

#62 Posted by PSP107 (11670 posts) -
lol@ Bill Simmons reaction to the number pick. *laughs*
#63 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3415 posts) -
Did literally anybody predict Bennett at #1?JML897
tim legler
#64 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7288 posts) -

lol@ Bill Simmons reaction to the number pick. *laughs*PSP107

Can someone get a gif of that.

#65 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
lol Noel looks so sad already
#67 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
Did literally anybody predict Bennett at #1?JML897
... No.
#69 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
I think that was an awful pick for the Bobcats.
#70 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
The NCAA cost Noel millions...
#71 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3907 posts) -

I kind of want to make fun of MJ for this pick but i've actually been on the Cody Zeller bandwagon all year so I can't.

#72 Posted by vguy555 (4620 posts) -

Never would've thought Zeller would be picked so high.  

#73 Posted by Silverbond (16048 posts) -

McLemore, Burke, and Noel all still available?

Today was a good day.

#74 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
This draft is crazy, the mock drafts weren't even close to being right
#75 Posted by Silverbond (16048 posts) -

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

#76 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
I repeat- The NCAA/NBA cost Noel millions of dollars.
#77 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

lmfao at MJ, he is so awful at being a GM. Jerry Jones should call him just to laugh. 

#79 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

I repeat- The NCAA/NBA cost Noel millions of dollars.No_Hablo_Ingles

It happens in every sport, stop crying. Sorry he got hurt while playing the game of basketball. Oh no he got a free scholarship and went to a top 5 basketball school. Poor guy. 

#80 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
I repeat- The NCAA/NBA cost Noel millions of dollars.No_Hablo_Ingles
*shrug* Now it's up to him to prove those 5 teams who passed on him wrong. Do what Aaron Rodgers did. I don't really feel bad when guys drop like this
#81 Posted by Silverbond (16048 posts) -

Twin Towers up in this b!tch

We staaacked

Yall frickedddd

#82 Posted by Seabas989 (10036 posts) -

So Otto Porto is a Wizard. Not bad and damn is the team young.

Congrats to Alex Len on being drafted. :)

Noel is a Pelican with Anthony Davis.

#83 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]I repeat- The NCAA/NBA cost Noel millions of dollars.Put_in_Kitna

It happens in every sport, stop crying. Sorry he got hurt while playing the game of basketball. Oh no he got a free scholarship and went to a top 5 basketball school. Poor guy. 

I'm not crying, I think the rule is stupid. It makes no sense, considering the NBA is shaped by players who never played a minute in college (Kobe/LeBron/Howard/etc.)
#84 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -
Loving that sig NoHablo
#85 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3415 posts) -

Noel and Porter are gonna kill it

mclemore is a king? f.u.c.k. 

#86 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -
My dad is almost crying at the prospect at us picking Burke
#87 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
Loving that sig NoHabloBlabadon
#88 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
Kings have to draft Trey Burk.... right?
#89 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -
Please don't pick Burke, Sacramento... Please don't pick Burke, Sacramento... Please don't pick Burke, Sacramento... Please don't pick Burke, Sacramento...
#90 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]I repeat- The NCAA/NBA cost Noel millions of dollars.No_Hablo_Ingles

I'm not crying, I think the rule is stupid. It makes no sense, considering the NBA is shaped by players who never played a minute in college (Kobe/LeBron/Howard/etc.)

And it was shaped by players who did 4 years in college back in the day. What is your point? For every NBA star that came from HS I can name you 2 busts (or can't) that didn't do crap other than ruin their chance at a top college education. 

#91 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -
And it was shaped by players who did 4 years in college back in the day. What is your point? For every NBA star that came from HS I can name you 2 busts (or can't) that didn't do crap other than ruin their chance at a top college education. Put_in_Kitna
That is a choice they should be allowed to make.
#92 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

PICK BURKE DUMARS, DON'T F UCK IT UP

#93 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

PICK BURKE DUMARS, DON'T F UCK IT UP

Blabadon
"The Detroit Pistons will select Kentavious Caldwell Pope with the eighth pick in the NBA Draft, league source tells Y! Sports." lolllllll
#94 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]And it was shaped by players who did 4 years in college back in the day. What is your point? For every NBA star that came from HS I can name you 2 busts (or can't) that didn't do crap other than ruin their chance at a top college education. No_Hablo_Ingles
That is a choice they should be allowed to make.

I don't have a problem with that but im not about to whine over someone being forced to pick a college of his choice and get a free ride for a year. 

#95 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

"New Orleans has traded Nerlens Noel to the 76ers, source tells Y! Sports."

Holy shit

Edit: They got Jrue Holiday and a 2014 1st rounder for him. I like that trade for New Orleans.

#96 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2602 posts) -

LOOOOOOOL so much for that block party in New Orleans. 

#97 Posted by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

And it was shaped by players who did 4 years in college back in the day. What is your point? For every NBA star that came from HS I can name you 2 busts (or can't) that didn't do crap other than ruin their chance at a top college education. 

Sebastian Telfair
#98 Posted by Silverbond (16048 posts) -

No no no no no no no no

nooooooooooooooooo

wait... we got Holiday? semi ok with this

we're losing the 2014 1st?

noooooooooooooooo

#99 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8365 posts) -

Holy shit

Edit: They got Jrue Holiday and a 2014 1st rounder for him. I like that trade for New Orleans.

JML897
That's 2014 first rounder better be protected...
#100 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

Holy shit

JML897

Woj just issued a correction, NO is sending the first-rounder to Philly. "Light protection" on it.