Mark Prior to return..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

to the season-long DL status and will be having season-ending surgury. Surprised?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070425&content_id=1929526&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

How can some one be injury prone for so long...seems like every year he is out for the year.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 suikoden352
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts
he should just hang it up now cuz it's the same thing every year. he gets injured in the early part of the season and then is put on the dl for most of the season anyways. he should just give it up and go on w/ his life.
Vornagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#4 Vornagar
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
Him and Kerry Wood have been just such dissapointments over the years. It seems every single season they are put on the DL and have season ending surgery. I think Prior only made about 9 starts for the Cubs last year. They should release him and get some younger less injury prone talent.
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
Yeah i was really hoping he would be back this season with the way they were talking. Then after the season starts they immediately say he's done, i mean wtf?? Didn't they have some kind of idea that he wasn't going to be ok? Didn't they have some kind of idea he wasn't going to be ok last year? And before that?
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Just rest for like 2 years damn....get healthy and come back in 2 years or somethign, cuz they keep trying to bring him every year and it keeps happening.
silentstriderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 silentstriderm
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
The Cubs spent +$300 million on talent, why couldn't they invest at least $100 million into a robotic arm for Mark Prior?
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
The CUBS have treated both Wood and Prior like scum they didnt know what was wrong with their arm and they just wore them out Wood a pitcher only really knew how to throw a fastball at the start of his carrer and Prior one of Three Prospects that they had at pitcher in 2001 the others Juan Cruz and Sergio Mitre, gone, Cory Patterson injury prone, gone, Hee Seop Choi sucked and injured gone, and soon Prior, gone. Just watch something wrong go with Rich Hill, Felix PIE, Angel Guzman sucks, its a shame.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

The CUBS have treated both Wood and Prior like scum they didnt know what was wrong with their arm and they just wore them out Wood a pitcher only really knew how to throw a fastball at the start of his carrer and Prior one of Three Prospects that they had at pitcher in 2001 the others Juan Cruz and Sergio Mitre, gone, Cory Patterson injury prone, gone, Hee Seop Choi sucked and injured gone, and soon Prior, gone. Just watch something wrong go with Rich Hill, Felix PIE, Angel Guzman sucks, its a shame.bookmeister

I don't know much about the Cubs, but I doubt Cubs treated two of their best pitchers in the past like scums...Some players are just injury prone and their talent goes to waste. 

bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

[QUOTE="bookmeister"]The CUBS have treated both Wood and Prior like scum they didnt know what was wrong with their arm and they just wore them out Wood a pitcher only really knew how to throw a fastball at the start of his carrer and Prior one of Three Prospects that they had at pitcher in 2001 the others Juan Cruz and Sergio Mitre, gone, Cory Patterson injury prone, gone, Hee Seop Choi sucked and injured gone, and soon Prior, gone. Just watch something wrong go with Rich Hill, Felix PIE, Angel Guzman sucks, its a shame.dkhw

I don't know much about the Cubs, but I doubt Cubs treated two of their best pitchers in the past like scums...Some players are just injury prone and their talent goes to waste. 

they wore them out and wasted their talent for the moment and not for the future.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="bookmeister"]The CUBS have treated both Wood and Prior like scum they didnt know what was wrong with their arm and they just wore them out Wood a pitcher only really knew how to throw a fastball at the start of his carrer and Prior one of Three Prospects that they had at pitcher in 2001 the others Juan Cruz and Sergio Mitre, gone, Cory Patterson injury prone, gone, Hee Seop Choi sucked and injured gone, and soon Prior, gone. Just watch something wrong go with Rich Hill, Felix PIE, Angel Guzman sucks, its a shame.dkhw

They overpitched them at too young an age, prior in his 2nd year pitched 217 innings not including the playoffs, so I agree the cubs wasted 2 great talents.

zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Prior is a great pitcher and was one of my favorites in the game but he keeps getting hurt.