man so far it has been such a strange MLB year dont ya think

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz,  Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

how bout the freaking blue jays

dead last, like 10 straight losses

half the roster gets injured 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz, Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?StarFoxCOM
everybody knows who BJ Upton is...well if you follow baseball you should
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

The Yankees do bad at the start of the season every year.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
I don't know what Riccardi did to piss off the almighty because I have never seen a good team like the Jays blow up so badly. Halladay out 4-6 weeks, Ryan out all season, Reed Johnson out for a while, Zaun out for a while, Glaus can't stay healthy, Brandon League overdevelops a muscle and had to undergo surgery, Burnett looks like a bust, Chacin out, The Big Hurt not only heathy, but sucking and now they can't win a game. Rediculous.
Viper_GTS-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Viper_GTS-R
Member since 2004 • 4454 Posts
Manny and Soriano are getting hot but they're not the only ones struggling Eckstein,Edmonds,Most Marlins sphomores,Teixera,Pujols,among others.It's been a strange year no doubt about it.
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that playing on astroturf isn't the healthiest thing in the world for the Blue Jays.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
It is May, by the end of the season i'm willing to bet most of those odd thigns wil go back to normal.  Not all but most.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that playing on astroturf isn't the healthiest thing in the world for the Blue Jays.Robbie_IV
Right now I think playing period is a bad idea for the Blue Jays.
SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

There are very few teams that have had a normal year.

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Jays won 2 straight now, hoo-ray for Tampa Bay.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
Baseball season is always crazy during the first few months. Remember a couple of years ago when Kansas City was on fire at the start of the season?
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz, Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?StarFoxCOM
Whats next?  Hell would freeze over if the Red Sox didnt tank the second half of the season.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

It's definitely been a strange year. I was expecting my Jays to be atop the division, but injuries have really killed them.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Baseball season is always crazy during the first few months. Remember a couple of years ago when Kansas City was on fire at the start of the season?jeebuscrust
yea and when the Orioles werea deffinite world series team like 2 years ago. Chris Shelton seemed liek he was gonn abreak the Homerun record now were is he currently playing in A ball.
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"]Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz, Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?bunchofpixels
Whats next?  Hell would freeze over if the Red Sox didnt tank the second half of the season.

So I guess it's been frozen since 2004?
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"]Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz, Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?Robbie_IV
Whats next? Hell would freeze over if the Red Sox didnt tank the second half of the season.

In case you forgot, it thawed last year.  I'm a Red Flops fan but I expect disappointment.
EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

The Yankees do bad at the start of the season every year.

nygiants1080
True, but not that long up until now. There slump should've been over at the end of last month.
Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts

Manny and Soriano are getting hot but they're not the only ones struggling Eckstein,Edmonds,Most Marlins sphomores,Teixera,Pujols,among others.It's been a strange year no doubt about it.Viper_GTS-R

The Marlins have really surprised me. I didn't think they'd be able to beat the Mets this year, but they are really underachieving. They've got too many good young players to be doing as poorly as they are now. I thought that they had a chance to be this year's Tigers (they basically are the NL version of the Tigers, only with Miguel Cabrera, although he's disappointed, too).

Individual performances are generally surprising, but as far as the standings go, nothing's really surprising me except for the Jays (I didn't think they'd win the division, 10 losses in a row was certainly unexpected), the Marlins and the Cards (didn't think they'd do as well this year as last, but I didn't think they'd do nearly this bad).

All the top teams in the divisions are basically who I predicted to win. Mets, Brewers, Dodgers, BoSox, Tigers, Angels. Surprising individual performances, and a couple surprisingly bad teams, but the good teams are basically winning.

Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts

[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"]Think about this year compared to years like last year players like Albert Puloujs, Manny Rameriz, Alfonson Soriano and Ryan Howard are putting up Medicore stats the brewers a bad team last year are just about unbeatable the yankess suck (like always) Kei Igawa that the yanks spent $26.000,000 on has been sent to single A baseball,. Some guy named upton has a about a .400 Batting avarge. Whats next Arod slamming 100 this year?bunchofpixels
Whats next? Hell would freeze over if the Red Sox didnt tank the second half of the season.

In case you forgot, it thawed last year. I'm a Red Flops fan but I expect disappointment.

Don't. You guys have an easy road to the playoffs, and the only two teams in the AL that are at all capable of knocking you off are the Tigers and Indians (a bit of a long shot).

[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]Baseball season is always crazy during the first few months. Remember a couple of years ago when Kansas City was on fire at the start of the season?NetYankEagle
yea and when the Orioles werea deffinite world series team like 2 years ago. Chris Shelton seemed liek he was gonn abreak the Homerun record now were is he currently playing in A ball.

Did I miss something? The Orioles haven't been predicted to surpass the Yanks or BoSox since the late '90s at the latest.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I agree, it has been a strange start for a lot of teams and players. My favorite player Andruw, has been in a slump since the season started and my Braves are having to send pitchers on and off the DL non stop.
bdtoole05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bdtoole05
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

Jays are only doing bad because of injuries. This year is pretty much a toss out for em.

My D-Backs are playing well with that young team they have. That division is very tight.