Madden Ending?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

liberator927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 liberator927
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
I've heard alot of rumors that Madden 08 is the last of the madden series, and that it's being discontinued. Anyone know if it's true?
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

I've heard alot of rumors that Madden 08 is the last of the madden series, and that it's being discontinued. Anyone know if it's true?liberator927

madden will never end, where did you hear such a thing?

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

[QUOTE="liberator927"]I've heard alot of rumors that Madden 08 is the last of the madden series, and that it's being discontinued. Anyone know if it's true?eitremn

Madden will go on with gaming and thats just about it Mario will die when gaming dies, Sonic dies when Gameing dies, and Madden dies when Gaming dies which will be in hundereds of years prehaps gaming will probably be phased out.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eitremn
[QUOTE="eitremn"]

[QUOTE="liberator927"]I've heard alot of rumors that Madden 08 is the last of the madden series, and that it's being discontinued. Anyone know if it's true?StarFoxCOM

Madden will go on with gaming and thats just about it Mario will die when gaming dies, Sonic dies when Gameing dies, and Madden dies when Gaming dies which will be in hundereds of years prehaps gaming will probably be phased out.

people are always going to need entertainment, so why would gaming be phased out?

nilemonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 nilemonitor
Member since 2004 • 910 Posts

It's not the game, it's the name that is being phased out.  Madden has full rights to his own name and when his contract is up, he is leaving and taking his name with him.  EA isn't going anywhere.  The game will still come out, it just won't be called Madden anymore. 

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
They have the ESPN rights don't they? If they stop calling it Madden they'll just switch it to ESPN, so no real biggie.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eitremn

It's not the game, it's the name that is being phased out.  Madden has full rights to his own name and when his contract is up, he is leaving and taking his name with him.  EA isn't going anywhere.  The game will still come out, it just won't be called Madden anymore. 

nilemonitor

good riddance, madden is just an annoying old man.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Sadly, I prefer Madden over Tony Kornheiser, but I too heard that Madden is looking to leave his name off of the 2009 edition.  Don't believe me?  Just look at the three start-up companies making football games (Tecmo Bowl, All-Pro 2k8, Blitz: the League) that would simply LOVE to put out a product to cut into EA's profit.  I realize that a lot of these will be second-tier experiences, but look at ESPN NFL 2k5 to see that the undercutting strategy can bring the fierce competition that made both games more endearing.

So if Madden ends, it may end in more way than one. 

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
not true. where did you hear that? a friend of a friend?
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
I would like to see Madden's name on EA football games even after he passes on. His name is now synonomous with EA football.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
i wonder if removing his name will remove the Madden Curse....
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StarFoxCOM

i wonder if removing his name will remove the Madden Curse....badaboom187
Well you never know while just about every years sense Madden 03 i'v been going oh well come on what are the chances there are what 28 starters a team and 32 teams so

------
And only what 45 or so get injured seriously so the fact that it has been a big superstar everyear is surparsing

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

It wouldn't matter if the Madden games ended. Personally, I don't like seeing them any longer. I used to love Madden, but after all these years, there's nothing much left they can do to "revolutionize" the video game. It's just the same old football game, with different players on different teams--you can't squeeze water out of a rock. I think the lack of competition between football games has made Madden lose its punch.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StarFoxCOM

It wouldn't matter if the Madden games ended. Personally, I don't like seeing them any longer. I used to love Madden, but after all these years, there's nothing much left they can do to "revolutionize" the video game. It's just the same old football game, with different players on different teams--you can't squeeze water out of a rock. I think the lack of competition between football games has made Madden lose its punch.

feryl06

Well this year Madden has no serisous competation i mean All-Pro 2k8 won't include a Franchise mode, Current NFL players, Player rating on a scale from 1-100, First Person football, ESPN license or the Crib mode.