Madden 08, new features..It's about time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

It's about damn time!!  Now I am more excited about Madden more so than APF 2K8.  This is what I asked for:  A receiver to catch sideline passes and gang tackling.  I think EA finally listened to what a lot of us was complaining about....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/madden08/news.html?sid=6169878

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
im getting both
sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts
i'll probably get it  on the first day at midnight no matter how bad it is. i dont know why its like they have this need around august to spend $60 on a crappy game
timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#4 timbo0827
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts

It's about damn time!! Now I am more excited about Madden more so than APF 2K8. This is what I asked for: A receiver to catch sideline passes and gang tackling. I think EA finally listened to what a lot of us was complaining about....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/madden08/news.html?sid=6169878

mrvic87

high five to victory 

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 timbo0827
As long as they have the Bears be a 90's overall team, I'm good.
freakinretart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 freakinretart
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

this madden will be awsome!

i will be getting all 3 football games this year

cant get enough of football

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

I am LOVING what they are puttin' in so far.

"How many times in previous Madden games did you throw to a tight end or wideout near the sidelines, only to have the animation take the guy out of bounds when he clearly could have gained a few more yards by staying in bounds? According to producers, that will be a thing of the past,"

"Running backs will also benefit from a distinctive lack of "Mario running" this year. Instead of jamming up against the line and running in place, how a back reacts will depend on his size; big backs like Lorenzo Neal will look to push the line forward for an extra few yards, while smaller, elusive backs like Warrick Dunn will wait for an opening, or spin and juke their way through the beefy linemen. "

"temperature and location will make a difference to your player's performance"

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mazing87
I praised NFL 2K5 because they had the most realistic gameplay but after reading this update, I am pleased to see what else they can tell us.  It feels great to just say "I am looking forward to a Madden game!".  All I asked for was for better gameplay like having receivers catch simple sideline passes, gang-tackling, and extra player animations that weren't present in the previous Madden games.  Just improve on the Superstar mode, more responsive control with the hit stick and it's all good from there.  I care less for anything else they decide to add or not. 
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hockeyruler12

All I asked for was for better gameplay like having receivers catch simple sideline passes, gang-tackling, and extra player animations that weren't present in the previous Madden games. Just improve on the Superstar mode, more responsive control with the hit stick and it's all good from there. I care less for anything else they decide to add or not. mrvic87

hit stick 2.0 allows you to either go for the legs or hit high 

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 timbo0827

It would be really cool to see a feature where for FG's you have to press a button or you will not grip the ball and fumble, it would add more challenge to the game.

(Cowboys vs. Seahawks playoff game with Tony Romo fumbling the winning Field Goal, think that) 

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hockeyruler12

It would be really cool to see a feature where for FG's you have to press a button or you will not grip the ball and fumble, it would add more challenge to the game.

(Cowboys vs. Seahawks playoff game with Tony Romo fumbling the winning Field Goal, think that)

timbo0827

lol

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

timbo0827

That's a sick idea.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

"Running backs will also benefit from a distinctive lack of "Mario running" this year. Instead of jamming up against the line and running in place, how a back reacts will depend on his size; big backs like Lorenzo Neal will look to push the line forward for an extra few yards, while smaller, elusive backs like Warrick Dunn will wait for an opening, or spin and juke their way through the beefy linemen. "

MartinRiggs15

This is all I ask for in madden games, this is what I expect from a football game thats been in the business for over 10 years. The reason I was so high on 2k football is because madden never had this type of gameplay, now that they do I will definitely check the game out when it releases

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts
The funny thing is 2k5 hd those RB things already and most of the improvements he listed.Imagine how far ahead 2k would be to madden right now.LOL Wayy ahead
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I praised NFL 2K5 because they had the most realistic gameplay but after reading this update, I am pleased to see what else they can tell us. It feels great to just say "I am looking forward to a Madden game!". All I asked for was for better gameplay like having receivers catch simple sideline passes, gang-tackling, and extra player animations that weren't present in the previous Madden games. Just improve on the Superstar mode, more responsive control with the hit stick and it's all good from there. I care less for anything else they decide to add or not. mrvic87

Seriously! It sounds like Madden 08 is going to be the best football game ever! If they can pull off what they want to (which it sounds like they basically have) this game is going to be hard to beat! I love the IK feature too because I think that will have a HUGE affect on the realism of the game. No more feet going through the ground and being able to sense bone structure in a character will really make for fluid animations as well as fewer and fewer canned animations. I just hope they add fantasy draft back into it and it will be perfect!!!

Oh, and this is to the person that was saying that 2K5 already had this stuff in it, it may have had "gang tackling" but it wasn't nearly as polished as EA's engine and the RB's would run right through people (as if they weren't even there) a lot of times to avoid being caught up on them which is dumber than them running in place... 2K5 had good features but they were NOTHING like this plus, Madden would have more than likely adopted some of the stuff sooner if it had to but I'm not complaining because it sounds like they are right on track with this years game! Game on!!! 

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mazing87
They need to incorporate the running physics that 2K5 had.  RBs in 2K5 were able to gain tough yards after contact by using their momentum.  They stiff-armed defenders without losing speed. In past Madden games RBs temporarily run in place when a stiff arm move is executed.  In Madden 07 some of the truck stick moves, especially the elusive moves for RBs were a bit unrealistic.  To break tackles, instead of button mashing (I always hate that), how about moving the right analog stick left and right or vice versa no more than twice to break free from a would be tackler (EA are you listening?)
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
How about fixing Franchise Mode where after 15-20 season all the defenses aren't rated 55-60 and all offenses are 87-95 on the 360.
timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 timbo0827
[QUOTE="timbo0827"]

allnamestaken

That's a sick idea.

Which sick, the version a punk would use or the not so great version