Lance Armstrong will admit using Performance Enhancing Drugs on interview.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Lance on PED Maybe he should apologize to all the people he tried to destroy throughout the years.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Who cares. I honestly feel he should still have the title. Becuase he was still racing againts an entire field of riders whom most if not all were doing it also.

me3x12
I can't believe I actually agree with you.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

What a joke this guy is. Funny how he denied it for so long.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Who cares. I honestly feel he should still have the title. Becuase he was still racing againts an entire field of riders whom most if not all were doing it also.

me3x12

Agreed. All but one podium finishers between 1999-2005 have been seriously implicated in doping, with most of those 2nd and 3rd place finishes having been stripped.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Wonder what will happen with his cancer foundation? Can't imagine the result being very positive
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Boston_Boyy

Honestly though this doesn't change the fact that he's a POS. He lied for years while his teammates who accused him of doping were having all sorts of insults and accusations being thrown at them by the public and the media.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

me3x12
Were those riders ever accused?
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boston_Boyy

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

PSP107

Were those riders ever accused?

Most have been implicated and/or stripped if you look atthis

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

Honestly though this doesn't change the fact that he's a POS. He lied for years while his teammates who accused him of doping were having all sorts of insults and accusations being thrown at them by the public and the media.

Boston_Boyy
Not to mention all his fans that idolized him.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Not sure how to feel about this one.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

I can't believe people ever thought he was innocent. If most of the sport is cheating I think the least likely person not to be cheating would be the seven time winner.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I can't believe people ever thought he was innocent. If most of the sport is cheating I think the least likely person not to be cheating would be the seven time winner.

jim_shorts

It's not that hard to see why people thought he was innocent.

• He was quite possibly the single most drug-tested athlete in history, yet never officially failed a test. Some people erroneously believe that drug tests are the only proof.
  • He was incredibly vehement and downright vicious when defending himself against doping allegations over the last decade. Threats. Intimidation. Slander/Libel lawsuits. He did it all, and he did it in force. People saw the passion with which he defended himself, and couldn't help but believe it.
  • He had textbook PR, manipulating the media for years, and successfully portraying himself as a victim.
  • Don't underestimate the power of hero worship. From cancer survivor to greatest champion of all time? Hollywood couldn't script a better underdog story. It was just so far up the too-good-to-be-true scale, that there was no way people would let that perfect image be ruined. There are people who STILL refuse to believe he doped, choosing instead to believe in wild conspiracies; that he's being coerced into making false confessions for financial reasons.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Boston_Boyy

What's worse is that he killed many people's careers.

Going against Lance early on was career suicide and if you're around him you see it and then the second you open your mouth it's done.

It's not just athletes that got blackballed either, sponsors and media were blackballed too and that's the worst part.

Lance got his spotlight for a decade, he got his millions, he's set.