Kobe wants to be traded

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts

link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kobe31may31,0,7482410.story?coll=la-home-center

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
really?
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts

they should trade him.  I dont blame him for wanting out of LA.

UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts

they should trade him. I dont blame him for wanting out of LA.

zeldafan00013

i agree, let him go. I'd want to be traded if i were him 

Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts
Wow, imagining him in a different uniform will be hard.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
it will be cool if he goes to Rockets for Tracy, but most of the rocket fans probably don't want this.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

Here's a much more in depth article on the story from ESPN

I wouldn't go by the LA Times take considering they play a part in Kobe's decision to want out, that piece is very selective in what they chose to report on from Kobe's interview today.

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
The Lakers want to start rebuilding and they will probably trade for a young player if that happen. Lakers want to get rid of Kobe price tag so they would probably try to get someone with a low price tag. I'm still not 100% sure that Kobe will be trade. I just hope that Kobe won't come to my favorite team. Kobe is the most gifted player but also the most selfish.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#9 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
alright, finaly some good news. too bad it proably wont happen.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
It could happen. it's 50-50. There are plenty of teams who will want Kobe. Bulls have the best chance. Kobe wants to go back to the Finals and East is the easiest road to the finals. In addition, Bulls have young players to trade away. Kobe+Kwame for Gordon, Noicioni (sign and trade), Ben Wallace, and the 9th pick. Lakers can finally dump "Brick Hand" Kwame's contract and trade disgruntled superstar. Lakers probably won't pull the trigger on this unless Deng or Hinrich is in, but Bulls aren't dumb enough to do that. Another trade that might happen is Marion+future picks+ other players for Kobe. Marion feels underappreciated in Suns and he wasn't much of a hit at the Suns front office.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Maybe Kwame Brown can lead the team now.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Maybe Kwame Brown can lead the team now.UssjTrunks

You aren't being serious? :|

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Maybe Kwame Brown can lead the team now.Ngamer05

Don't be so negative, he's a top prospect, don't you see the promise in him?

/sarcasm

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Maybe Kwame Brown can lead the team now.UssjTrunks

Don't be so negative, he's a top prospect, don't you see the promise in him?

/sarcasm

If Kobe is traded, I look for Smush to have a breakout season......

KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I'd demand a trade too if Kwame Brown was my starting center.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Wow, imagining him in a different uniform will be hard.Powerhitter0418
no it wouldnt it be just like AI leaving philly
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
Kobe needs to come home to philly :)
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

It could happen. it's 50-50. There are plenty of teams who will want Kobe. Bulls have the best chance. Kobe wants to go back to the Finals and East is the easiest road to the finals. In addition, Bulls have young players to trade away. Kobe+Kwame for Gordon, Noicioni (sign and trade), Ben Wallace, and the 9th pick. Lakers can finally dump "Brick Hand" Kwame's contract and trade disgruntled superstar. Lakers probably won't pull the trigger on this unless Deng or Hinrich is in, but Bulls aren't dumb enough to do that. Another trade that might happen is Marion+future picks+ other players for Kobe. Marion feels underappreciated in Suns and he wasn't much of a hit at the Suns front office. dkhw

Please no.  I would never want to have Kobe on the Suns!  And I would hate to see Marion go! 

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
DON"T LEAVE KOBE!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Not going to happen. Unless this is a weird season as the top 2 draft picks are going west.

tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

it will be cool if he goes to Rockets for Tracy, but most of the rocket fans probably don't want this.dkhw

Hell naw

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
It could happen. it's 50-50. There are plenty of teams who will want Kobe. Bulls have the best chance. Kobe wants to go back to the Finals and East is the easiest road to the finals. In addition, Bulls have young players to trade away. Kobe+Kwame for Gordon, Noicioni (sign and trade), Ben Wallace, and the 9th pick. Lakers can finally dump "Brick Hand" Kwame's contract and trade disgruntled superstar. Lakers probably won't pull the trigger on this unless Deng or Hinrich is in, but Bulls aren't dumb enough to do that. Another trade that might happen is Marion+future picks+ other players for Kobe. Marion feels underappreciated in Suns and he wasn't much of a hit at the Suns front office. dkhw
Kobe and the Suns:| cuz we all no Diaw and Nash are the best of friends with Kobe
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
I don't think it will happen.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
now kobe says he doesnt want to be traded. didnt see that coming lol.
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
I would want a trade too if I had been lied to and Lamar Odom was the only other good player on my team. Even Jordan couldn't do it by himself. People seem to forget he needed help to win his championships from some decent role players.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Here is the transcript from the Stephen A Smith radio show with Kobe:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=kobetranscript

KB: Well, you know, it's tough because, I mean, you know, when you're with an organization for 11 years, you've been a fan of theirs growing up, you just love everything about the organization in terms of, you know, the players and the history, you know, the fans, the city. You know, to go through something like this is extremely difficult, you know, finding out about Shaq's situation, them promising me one thing in terms of wanting to rebuild right now, and telling Phil Jackson another thing. You know, it's rough, man.

But, you know, I just don't see how you can, you know, rebuild that trust. You know, I just don't know how you can move forward in that type of situation.

SAS: Well, if you don't know how you can move forward that that situation, you're still under contract with them, are you saying right here on this show that you you want to be traded?

KB: Yeah, I would like to be traded, yeah.

SAS: There's no ifs, ands or buts about it?

KB: No.

SAS: It's not a situation, I know before you reportedly said that you would like them to get Jerry West back. Are you saying now emphatically, regardless of what they done, you want out of Los Angeles?

KB: Yeah, I would like to be traded. And as tough as it is to say that, as tough as it is to come to that conclusion, you know, there's no other -- there's no other -- there's no other alternative, you know. They obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of, you know, rebuilding. I wish they would have told me that, you know, prior to me re-signing with the team. They obviously want to move in a different direction.

SAS: But they want to keep you though, Kobe. They want to move in a different direction, but they don't want to do it without you.

KB: You know, you got to be up front about that, man. Three years ago when I was resigning, they should have, you know, told me that they wanted to rebuild. Would have affected my decision. Don't tell me one thing and do another.

SAS: Is there anything that the Los Angeles Lakers could do to make you change your mind and decide that you do not want to be traded?

SAS: Nothing?

SAS: What about their notion that you're locked in for at least the next two years before you can actually opt out, and there's really nothing you can do about that? What do you say in response to people who say you're not going anywhere; you will stay in Los Angeles and you will be playing for the Los Angeles Lakers next season?

KB: You know what, I just want them to do the right thing. Do the right thing, man. They know what they did. You know what I mean? They know the situation that they painted. You know what I mean? Do the right thing, man. Do the right thing. You know you was trying to rebuild. You told me something different. I re-signed because of what you promised me. You know the blame that you've cast upon me. You know that stuff. They know that stuff. So, you know, just step up, do the right thing.

He sounds pretty fed up with the Lakers organization. I didnt know it was this bad. Even after apologizing later that day and saying he didn't want to be traded, it'll be hard to reverse what he said on the show. The proud Lakers organization would look like **** to continue catering to this guy's demands.

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
They shouldnt trade him, they should get a team around him.