Just saw the list of hall of fame candidates...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I noticed a guy on the list of semifinalists I've never heard of named Roger Craig, who apparently played running back. Why do I remember a QB with that name who played in the 90s?also,I can't find him anywhere on the Internet.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

You seriously don't know who Roger Craig is?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I've never heard of named Roger Craig, who apparently played running back.
also,I can't find him anywhere on the Internet.

The-Apostle

If you google "Roger Craig" the first result is a wikipedia article about the running back/HOF candidate.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

If Cris Carter doesn't get in this year there ought to be riots.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#5 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Roger Craig, MLB. Is the only other athlete with that name I could find.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Chutebox
This
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

-Halftime-

This

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

I noticed a guy on the list of semifinalists I've never heard of named Roger Craig, who apparently played running back. Why do I remember a QB with that name who played in the 90s?also,I can't find him anywhere on the Internet.

The-Apostle
Lmao, how old are you again? Holy sh*t this is embarrassing.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Roger Craig, MLB. Is the only other athlete with that name I could find.

Namgis
He's probably thinking of Dave Krieg, but who know's with this waste.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

Bobbles

Age isn't even an issue. You should have a basic grasp of league history regardless of age. I'm 18, I can tell you about players that 95% of football fans have never heard of. The NFL has a fascinating history.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

Bobbles

Gotta be a younger guy. Heck, there are HoF members from the dawn of football to the mid 60s that I have no clue exist!
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

monkeytoes61

Age isn't even an issue. You should have a basic grasp of league history regardless of age. I'm 18, I can tell you about players that 95% of football fans have never heard of. The NFL has a fascinating history.

There are players I've heard of that I'm guessing 95% of fans never heard of. I just happened to have never heard of that player.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The-Apostle

Los9090

Gotta be a younger guy. Heck, there are HoF members from the dawn of football to the mid 60s that I have no clue exist!

I'm not. I just didn't watch much football when he played.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

monkeytoes61

Lets not get carried away here. There is a difference between being a fan of the game, and a fan to the point of being an enthusiast. Just like there are film buffs, and then there are people who go even further to the point of learning the history of film and sh1t. If he's young it's not totally out of the ordinary to expect someone to not know Roger Craig. Especially considering chances are he started getting into football in the 90s. I mean you wanna say basic that 49ers team he's from the pecking order is

-west coast offense
-bill walsh
-joe montanna
-Jerry rice -
ronnie lott

Yes Roger Craig was important, but with that dynasty a lot of other things get talked about first. Hell the eventual Young vs Montanna stuff comes up more frequently than he does in some cases. Not to say he wasn't an important player(he clearly was given the system), but I would say you'd need to be at an enthusiast level to start naming Roger Craig and 95% of the players you know. And expecting someone at a younger age to be at an enthusiast level(hell an older person to be honest) is well f*cking stupid.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 monkeytoes61
That's a fair point. Personally, if I'm going to be a fan of something, I want to know everything about it. That's why I love learning NFL history. Watching old film wherever it's available, reading biographies and other stories. I can name every SB winner and the team they played, most of the scores, major contributors, etc. I suppose I shouldn't look down upon someone who just likes the game today, with no interest of its history.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Still don't understand why he said Roger Craig was hard to find on the internet
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Still don't understand why he said Roger Craig was hard to find on the internetJML897
Well that's just an inability to Google.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Apostle
That's a fair point. Personally, if I'm going to be a fan of something, I want to know everything about it. That's why I love learning NFL history. Watching old film wherever it's available, reading biographies and other stories. I can name every SB winner and the team they played, most of the scores, major contributors, etc. I suppose I shouldn't look down upon someone who just likes the game today, with no interest of its history.monkeytoes61
I wouldn't say I don't care about the history. I do. I can't help it if I had never heard of a certain player. I know many if not most of the big names from the 80s and 90s since that was the era I grew up in. I was a huge fan of Jim Everette, Willie "Flipper" Anderson and Henry Ellard. However, I can't recall who the Rams replaced Eric Dickerson with. Seriously, not keeping him was a travesty.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The-Apostle

Still don't understand why he said Roger Craig was hard to find on the internetJML897
I didn't say RB Roger Craig was hard to find. I said QB Roger Craig was hard to find.