Just read GI for All pro 2k8 impressons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

Okay after reading it i must say i'm very dissopointed
2k5= Impressive PS2/x-box graphics, great franchise mode, sweet crib mode, very accurate player stats, NFL license, ESPN license, ESPN 25th annversity mode, and great First person football.
...2k8= Weaker graphics than madden, no Franchise mode, no crib mode, no player stats, no NFL license, no ESPN license, and no First-person football WTF

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

1.You actually liked the crib mode? You're probably in the minority there.

2.2k Sports had no control over losing both the NFL and ESPN liscenses. 

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I dont know about this game being great, but the GTA in the mag. was smokin!

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

If you'd have read more closely on the image captions, you would know that the graphics presented on the in-game screenshots were done with a very early playable build of the game. They are going to get better and polished by the time the game is ready to release.

And if you'd actually have read the article, you would understand that at the moment, the company wants to get back to focusing on the core aspects of what makes a football game work and fun to watch/play. We know there are times when the guys on the field are cussing each other out before the snap, but the NFL normally wouldn't allow that to be 'rendered' in-game. 2k8 is taking advantage of certain aspects of real-world play that the No Fun League had explicitly barred before.

And as stated, 2k sports and Visual Concepts couldn't control that EA had a substantially larger bank account and was able to buy exclusivity rights for the NFL.

Personally, I am looking forward to 2k8, for the reason that it will then be the first proper football video game to come to the Xbox 360 generation of consoles, and because it's not Madden!

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

2.2k Sports had no control over losing both the NFL and ESPN liscenses. 

JML897
Yes i know but still you would be alot better game with them