If You Were Making A Playoff System For The NCAA FBS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

As we all know, the NCAA Division I FBS is going to have a 4-team playoffs next year, if you were making a playoff system for the FBS, what would it look like?

Here's mine, it's a bit rough, but there you go:

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

16 teams is too much imo unless you shorten the season a couple games. I say take the 5 major conf champs and 3 at large. The AAC is pure shit and doesn't deserve an auto bid. Those small conferences don't deserve it either since most of their teams schedules are a joke.

I do like the FCS playoff format, just not in the FBS.

1. FSU vs. 8. Mizzou or S Carolina

2. Auburn vs. 7. Ohio St.

3. Bama vs. 6. Baylor

4. Mich St. vs. 5. Stanford

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

8 is perfect. I disagree with the 5 automatic bids however. The hell with the Big Least, get rid of that pos conference already as far as an auto bid.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4  Edited By monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

If the FCS can do 24 teams (schools where student athletes are actually there for academics first), FBS could do it too. I'd like 12 or 16 teams for the FBS. I still see problems with the 4 team system. The Boise States of college football will still be on the outside looking in.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

4 will be fine, you'd get UAl, UA, OSU and FSU, only reason i'd be cool with 6 is the bye weeks ^

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

You have to keep in mind that the season can't go on and on forever 'till the end of times. And the longer you make the playoffs the shorter the "regular" season has to be, there is a tradeoff.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GotFiveRings
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

@monkeytoes61 said:

If the FCS can do 24 teams (schools where student athletes are actually there for academics first), FBS could do it too. I'd like 12 or 16 teams for the FBS. I still see problems with the 4 team system. The Boise States of college football will still be on the outside looking in.

You also like arena football and CFL, you stink.

8 teams tops, don't wanna see a bunch of shit shows like NIU and Fresno State getting butt fucked.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GotFiveRings

@Master_Live said:

You have to keep in mind that the season can't go on and on forever 'till the end of times. And the longer you make the playoffs the shorter the "regular" season has to be, there is a tradeoff.

Lmao, yeah if you are talking about making this the NCAAB tournament. They take a month off cocksniff.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10  Edited By monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

8 teams tops, don't wanna see a bunch of shit shows like NIU and Fresno State getting butt fucked.

**** you, friend. Go get front row seats to a Colorado Ice game, then come back and tell me that shit wasn't awesome.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#11  Edited By GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

8 teams, either the top 8 ranked teams, or maybe go with the 5 auto-bids for major conferences with 3 at-larges based on rankings. Nobody wants to see Bowling Green, Rice, Louisiana Lafayette, and teams like that, so get that shit out of here.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GotFiveRings

@monkeytoes61 said:

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

**** you, friend. Go get front row seats to a Colorado Ice game, then come back and tell me that shit wasn't awesome.

Rather watch a donkey show.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

@GotFiveRings said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

Rather watch a donkey show.

A typical Friday night for GotFiveRings.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

6 or 8 teams.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

6 teams is the better system. Rewards the top two and only takes up three weeks. Only rare occasions can a team out of the top 5 make an argument to be number 1. There should also be a limit of no more than two teams per conference. Last thing any one wants to watch is a playoff bloated with 4 sec teams.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

all I know for sure is that there should be a minimum of 6 teams and I think 8 is the best number.

but, as usual, the ncaa can't even get something simple right. instead, they choose the absolute worst number of teams to go with.

man, I despise the ncaa powers that be.