I am officially done!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

I have been a Miami Dolphins fan since the early 90's but i'm done.  My loyalty can only handle so much.  It's like my spouce has cheated on me over and over again and i just don't trust them anymore.  It started in 2001 when they drafted Jammer Fletcher, a cornerback from Wisconsin, and passed on Drew Brees, when they already had the best secondary in football.  THAT WAS STRIKE ONE.  Then last year they pass on Drew Brees AGAIN for a quarterback who was made by Randy Moss, and has blatantly sucked w/out him, not to mention his knee.  And Drew Brees once again goes on to have a great year.  THAT'S STRIKE TWO.  Now this. Brady Quinn is there for the taking.  They have as much qb problems as any team in the league and they PASS on Quinn for a glorified kick returner who wasn't even the best receiver on Ohio States team.  THAT"S STRIKE THREE.  3 strikes and your out.  Well guess what i'm done. 

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sixringz1

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]JML897

that's fine.  call it what you want.  that's just how i feel.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
So what team fills the #1 spot now?
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sixringz1

So what team fills the #1 spot now?nickdastick

i don't have one.  maybe i'll find someone to root for sometime but not anytime soon.  I know it sounds weak and all, but you can only get screwed so many times before you do something about it.  It's like being an employee getting paid unfairly and they go on strike or quit to stand up for themselves.  Well that's how i feel to a different degree.  I forgot to mention in the first post that i am also a notre dame fan so this one hurt that mu;ch more. 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Sucks to be you. At least you have the Heat.....ohhh. lol damn it really sucks to be you! :P
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sixringz1

So in otherwords, you are a bandwagon fan after one fricken pick? Give me a break. The Broncos selected Terrell Davis, the guy who got us TWO Super Bowls...in the Sixth Round.

Bandwagon fans...well, you can fill in the blank.

GoldenSilence87

well last time i check bandwagon fans are fans that jump on winning teams wise guy.  and since the dolphins haven't won a thing in years i find it hard to believe i was jumping on a bandwagon.  Also PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST.  It wasn't one pick, it was a collection of things

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nickdastick

Bandwagon fan.Miami84Chambers

Not true sir! Bandwagon fans are the ones that started to like the team only after they started winning and then as soon as they suck, they jump ship and hop on to another team. I feel his pain because My Niners had some crappy years but they have really done a good job of becoming a strong team again. I do have to say that Miami has done a lot of dumb stuff lately that no fan should have ot put up with. That being said, TC, there is still a good chance they could get a very solid QB in the 2nd Round (Drew Stanton or John Beck to name a couple) so don't lose hope! Those two guys are very solid and could make some noise in the NFL. 

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sixringz1

[QUOTE="Miami84Chambers"]Bandwagon fan.nickdastick

Not true sir! Bandwagon fans are the ones that started to like the team only after they started winning and then as soon as they suck, they jump ship and hop on to another team. I feel his pain because My Niners had some crappy years but they have really done a good job of becoming a strong team again. I do have to say that Miami has done a lot of dumb stuff lately that no fan should have ot put up with. That being said, TC, there is still a good chance they could get a very solid QB in the 2nd Round (Drew Stanton or John Beck to name a couple) so don't lose hope! Those two guys are very solid and could make some noise in the NFL. 

Amen.  I love when people say you are a bandwagon fan and they have no idea what the word means.  Gotta love the ignorance

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Sucks to be you. At least you have the Heat.....ohhh. lol damn it really sucks to be you! :PEspurs117

not cool :lol:

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

I have been a Miami Dolphins fan since the early 90's but i'm done. My loyalty can only handle so much. It's like my spouce has cheated on me over and over again and i just don't trust them anymore. It started in 2001 when they drafted Jammer Fletcher, a cornerback from Wisconsin, and passed on Drew Brees, when they already had the best secondary in football. THAT WAS STRIKE ONE. Then last year they pass on Drew Brees AGAIN for a quarterback who was made by Randy Moss, and has blatantly sucked w/out him, not to mention his knee. And Drew Brees once again goes on to have a great year. THAT'S STRIKE TWO. Now this. Brady Quinn is there for the taking. They have as much qb problems as any team in the league and they PASS on Quinn for a glorified kick returner who wasn't even the best receiver on Ohio States team. THAT"S STRIKE THREE. 3 strikes and your out. Well guess what i'm done.

sixringz1

I agree that was a stupid, stupid move...and it shocked everyone.

However, please don't discredit Ginn Jr. He is easily one of the most explosive/fastest players on the boards... that being said, yes...it was a wrong move in that they didn't need him...they needed a quarterback.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sixringz1
[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

I have been a Miami Dolphins fan since the early 90's but i'm done. My loyalty can only handle so much. It's like my spouce has cheated on me over and over again and i just don't trust them anymore. It started in 2001 when they drafted Jammer Fletcher, a cornerback from Wisconsin, and passed on Drew Brees, when they already had the best secondary in football. THAT WAS STRIKE ONE. Then last year they pass on Drew Brees AGAIN for a quarterback who was made by Randy Moss, and has blatantly sucked w/out him, not to mention his knee. And Drew Brees once again goes on to have a great year. THAT'S STRIKE TWO. Now this. Brady Quinn is there for the taking. They have as much qb problems as any team in the league and they PASS on Quinn for a glorified kick returner who wasn't even the best receiver on Ohio States team. THAT"S STRIKE THREE. 3 strikes and your out. Well guess what i'm done.

Innovazero2000

I agree that was a stupid, stupid move...and it shocked everyone.

However, please don't discredit Ginn Jr. He is easily one of the most explosive/fastest players on the boards... that being said, yes...it was a wrong move in that they didn't need him...they needed a quarterback.

oh trust me this has nothing to do with ginn.  it's the principal of the situation.  There have been countless moves that this team has made year after year that has blatantly heart the franchise, and as a fan at some point i have to say enough is enough

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nickdastick
I think they picked him to take Welker's place because that guy turned out to be a good WR for them last year. It's dumb though because they should replace the QB first not the WR/Returner!!!
Avatar image for GoldenSilence87
GoldenSilence87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 GoldenSilence87
Member since 2004 • 1047 Posts

The bottom line is giving up on a team because of a bad draft is just plain old ludicrious. If you want devotion, try following the Tigers for the last 5 years. Four awful teams that made you question your existence.

My advice: Stick with them, and take a look at that Beck kid. He's pretty damn good.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Well, you were never a true Dolphins fan than. You have to stick through thick and thin.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
This is football, 4 downs and you punt, not 3 strikes and you're out. Give 'em a chance on fourth down, they might run a trick play and gain 40 yards while you're not looking; and then you will curse god for not granting humans the ability to unburn football jerseys.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Sucks to be you. At least you have the Heat.....ohhh. lol damn it really sucks to be you! :PSolid_Link22

Last thing a Lakers fan should be doing is laughing at the Heat's demise. Phoenix is going to eliminate The Kobe Bryant Show in five games.
trigga1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trigga1230
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Sucks to be you. At least you have the Heat.....ohhh.lol damn it really sucks to be you! :PZebethOrZebes

Last thing a Lakers fan should be doing is laughing at the Heat's demise. Phoenix is going to eliminate The Kobe Bryant Show in five games.

He said it wasn't cool if you actually read his post.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Espurs117

Well, you were never a true Dolphins fan than. You have to stick through thick and thin.nygiants1080

I have parted ways with Aaron Ross now that he is a divisional rival...:cry: 

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]Well, you were never a true Dolphins fan than. You have to stick through thick and thin.Espurs117

I have parted ways with Aaron Ross now that he is a divisional rival...:cry: 

Haha, well at least he did good for your Longhorns in college :P

piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts

Root for the Patriots! Fins suck! :D

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts
Don't give up man. I know it can be tough sometimes, but you just have to have faith that it will work out. Besides, didn't the fins draft a qb in the second round?
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nickdastick
Miami got John Beck baby! The kid can play football! A lot of the ESPN guys think there isn't much difference between him and Quinn... Keep with your Dolphins and see how they do this year because I think Beck is going to be a solid QB in the NFL.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Miami got John Beck baby! The kid can play football! A lot of the ESPN guys think there isn't much difference between him and Quinn... Keep with your Dolphins and see how they do this year because I think Beck is going to be a solid QB in the NFL.nickdastick

John Beck is good although I like Stanton a little better. HOWEVER, Cam Cameron is going to get burned by the fans if Quinn starts playing like OPOY 

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
I really dont know what to say. Ive been a Dolphins fan my entire life and ive never once thought about changing teams. Every team in every sport has a time when its slumping and this just happens to be ours. I agree I was also upset when we passed on Brees for Fletcher a fews years ago, and we did take Culpepper over him again last year but I blame Saban for ruining that for us. But I've never thought about giving up on my team. This years draft looks pretty bad I'll admit that, so did last years, but who are we to say that Quinn was going to be our saviour? I think the coaching staff knows more about our offense and who fits best in it than the fans. Who knows, John Beck could be the next Drew Brees, and Ginn might pan out as a solid #2 reciever and return man. Just have faith.
gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

sixringz1

Well this just shows you that you never watched an OSU game last season. You was prob to busy watching the Canes stinkin up the field and getitng into fist fights. If he wasnt a good WR then how did he have great days against 2 top CB draft picks this year (Griffth-Texas and Hall-Michigan) Just wait you'll jump back on the bandwagon when you find out Ginn isn't as bad as you think.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Espurs117
[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

gallienb

Well this just shows you that you never watched an OSU game last season. You was prob to busy watching the Canes stinkin up the field and getitng into fist fights. If he wasnt a good WR then how did he have great days against 2 top CB draft picks this year (Griffth-Texas and Hall-Michigan) Just wait you'll jump back on the bandwagon when you find out Ginn isn't as bad as you think.

Actually Aaron Ross was covering him not Griffin...and yeah he smoked him on that TD to end the half. 

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

gallienb

Anthony Gonzalez > Ted Ginn, Jr. as a reciever. Ginn got picked at least 5 picks too early. Ginn adds KR/PR ability, yes. This is like drafting Devin Hester with some reciever skills at #9. Who's gonna throw to him when Daunte gets flustered again? Ginn is a slot reciever at best - he's too small to play on the outside. Quinn throwing to Chambers > Culpepper/Lemon throwing to Chambers and Ginn. Miami admittedly will save some face if they can get the trade for Trent Green done.

gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
[QUOTE="gallienb"][QUOTE="sixringz1"]

VERS1ON

Anthony Gonzalez > Ted Ginn, Jr. as a reciever. Ginn got picked at least 5 picks too early. Ginn adds KR/PR ability, yes. This is like drafting Devin Hester with some reciever skills at #9. Who's gonna throw to him when Daunte gets flustered again? Ginn is a slot reciever at best - he's too small to play on the outside. Quinn throwing to Chambers > Culpepper/Lemon throwing to Chambers and Ginn. Miami admittedly will save some face if they can get the trade for Trent Green done.

How the heck you think Gonzalez, Hartline, and Robinskie got open? You know how, because teams were double teaming Ginn and worrying about him more then the others. Also who said being a slot reciever is bad? That just means Ginn gets to abuse 3rd string CBs and 1st string LBs trying to cover him. Good example in Caroline another ex buckeye named Drew Carter had a pretty good year playing out of the slot. Drew Carter is fast, but not Ginn fast. There are several small outside recivevers. Can you say Steve Smith or Terry Glenn and I'm sure there are others. Both had good years on there respective teams. Plus who said Ginn aint going to get bigger from working out in the NFL. Also who said Quinn will be the dolphins savior? Sad fact is at this point in time Culpepper has more NFL experience then Quinn, how is that a bad thing?

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Brady Quinn is terrible.  Be happy you guys didn't take him.
vrizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vrizzle
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

I have been a Miami Dolphins fan since the early 90's but i'm done.  My loyalty can only handle so much.  It's like my spouce has cheated on me over and over again and i just don't trust them anymore.  It started in 2001 when they drafted Jammer Fletcher, a cornerback from Wisconsin, and passed on Drew Brees, when they already had the best secondary in football.  THAT WAS STRIKE ONE.  Then last year they pass on Drew Brees AGAIN for a quarterback who was made by Randy Moss, and has blatantly sucked w/out him, not to mention his knee.  And Drew Brees once again goes on to have a great year.  THAT'S STRIKE TWO.  Now this. Brady Quinn is there for the taking.  They have as much qb problems as any team in the league and they PASS on Quinn for a glorified kick returner who wasn't even the best receiver on Ohio States team.  THAT"S STRIKE THREE.  3 strikes and your out.  Well guess what i'm done. 

sixringz1
well since you like drew brees so much y dont u become a saints fan since u dont like the dolphins anymore
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts

This is pathetic. Try being a fan of the Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Pirates, Houston Texans, Chicago Cubs, etc. who lose consistently. Abandoning "your team" based on 3 Front Office moves just doesn't make any sense. Especially when you consider that you're making such a big deal about Brady Quinn. He's nothing. He's a future bust.

At the very least, why not wait until they play a game or two this upcoming season?

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

There's nothing wrong with passing on Quinn, they got a perfectly capable quarterback in Beck.

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts

plz.  try being a packers fan.

tony mandarich, aaron rodgers, justin harrell over quinn??? theres three bigger strikes, not to mention the allowing of being ***** by rosenhaus twice.

yet i will never waiver as a packers fan.

ps. who the hell is justin harell? i guess the new plan is not to fill ur needs, but padded ur position that needs it the least (literally).

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
[QUOTE="VERS1ON"][QUOTE="gallienb"][QUOTE="sixringz1"]

gallienb

How the heck you think Gonzalez, Hartline, and Robinskie got open? You know how, because teams were double teaming Ginn and worrying about him more then the others. Also who said being a slot reciever is bad? That just means Ginn gets to abuse 3rd string CBs and 1st string LBs trying to cover him. Good example in Caroline another ex buckeye named Drew Carter had a pretty good year playing out of the slot. Drew Carter is fast, but not Ginn fast. There are several small outside recivevers. Can you say Steve Smith or Terry Glenn and I'm sure there are others. Both had good years on there respective teams. Plus who said Ginn aint going to get bigger from working out in the NFL. Also who said Quinn will be the dolphins savior? Sad fact is at this point in time Culpepper has more NFL experience then Quinn, how is that a bad thing?

#1. You don't select slot WR's at the 7 overall, especially if there's a franchise QB available and your team needs one. If Miami would've traded down, then selected Ginn, no problem. But this reminds me of when my Vikings took Williamson in '05. Not smart.

#2. Drew Carter is playing behind perhaps the best WR in the NFL in Steve Smith, as well as one of the better possession recievers in Keyshawn Johnson. I like the kid, but he was inconsistent two years ago when he was supposed to #2 behind Smith.  Plus, at 6'0, 180, he has 3 inches of height over Steve Smith. Being drafted this high, he needs to BE Steve Smith, and I just don't see it happening.

#3. Culpepper's experience wasn't a bad thing, until a year and a half ago. Ricky Williams has played more football over the last two years than Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper's recent injury history is almost as long as Pacman Jones' rap sheet. THAT's the bad thing. Pep's out till June, at least, and so is Ginn. Cam Cameron is only a coach, not a miracle worker. I hope I'm wrong, but for right now, this was the WRONG move.