Hate to admit it, but I'm excited about Yankees/Sox tonight...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

I'm a west coast guy, and I usually want to vomit every time I hear about the Yankees or Red Sox.  But I'm actually interested tonight, and will probably watch the whole series.  Why, you ask?

It's simple.  A sweep by the Sox this week means that the Yankees are officially DONE!  Then maybe the media circus will go away, or at least lessen.  GO SOX!

EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
Um...No. Yanks got this tonight.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|Ngamer05

May I ask why? 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 murlow12

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|Master_Live

May I ask why? 

Because the Yankees haven't won a WS in 8 years, and the Sox have only won 1 in 80+ years.  Even if it is a good rivalry, all of the coverage makes it overrated.  Nothing could live up to the hype that the media gives this rivalry.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|Master_Live

May I ask why? 

Sure you can and the reason why it's overrated is that these two teams play 17+ times a year and when you consider all the media coverage these two teams get is what also makes this "rivalry" even less enjoyable.

Now let's compare this "rivalry' to some of the big ones in sports. UNC/Duke basketball is my personal favorite, you have two HoF coaches and two teams that have a history of winning. Other ones are USC/Notre Dame, Alabama/Auburn, Redskins/Cowboys, and there are more.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Um...No. Yanks got this tonight.EmanSolid117
:lol:

its not over till the 9th inininig

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wavebrid
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|Ngamer05

May I ask why? 

Sure you can and the reason why it's overrated is that these two teams play 17+ times a year and when you consider all the media coverage these two teams get is what also makes this "rivalry" even less enjoyable.

Now let's compare this "rivalry' to some of the big ones in sports. UNC/Duke basketball is my personal favorite, you have two HoF coaches and two teams that have a history of winning. Other ones are USC/Notre Dame, Alabama/Auburn, Redskins/Cowboys, and there are more.

all teams that got rivals play about all 17 games as well :| and it a sellout at both ball feilds.

baseball compare to basketball its the stupid thing i ever heard :|

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|wavebrid

May I ask why? 

all teams that got rivals play about all 17 games as well :| and it a sellout at both ball feilds.

Can you read? Make sure you've read what I posted before you respond :D 

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts

Alright, you know what? No matter what happens in these next two games, it'll still all be about the Yankees. If they win it'll be "Will the Yankees make their umpteenth comeback?!" for the next four months. If they lose, then it'll be "What happened to the Yankees?!" every day until next year.

And it'll just start all over again when spring training starts again next year. So no, it's never done. Dare I say there's too much money wrapped up in this rivalry for it to go away?

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts

Yanks win 6 to 2 and the bronx bombers will most likely take the series because julian tavarez is starting for the sox tomorrow....that spells for a big loss...and then its schilling the next game and he got spanked the last meeting between the two, so he will want redemption...

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie_IV
Tavarez has sorta been off and on ever since he became a starter again last year. He got killed sorta the first time, and then he threw a complete game. So I dunno. He was on last time, so we shall see....
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 murlow12

Alright, you know what? No matter what happens in these next two games, it'll still all be about the Yankees. If they win it'll be "Will the Yankees make their umpteenth comeback?!" for the next four months. If they lose, then it'll be "What happened to the Yankees?!" every day until next year.

And it'll just start all over again when spring training starts again next year. So no, it's never done. Dare I say there's too much money wrapped up in this rivalry for it to go away?

Robbie_IV
I agree with you, it will never go away.  But if the Yankees drop 15 games back in June, and Clemens fails (which I think he will), then at least they won't be on TV as often down the stretch.  Even if the hype backs on 5%, it's better than nothing.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
One small step in the standing, a big step for big ratings come September...:D
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wavebrid

One small step in the standing, a big step for big ratings come September...:DMaster_Live

and before you know it they be in  same spot as they were last night :o

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid

Yanks win 6 to 2 and the bronx bombers will most likely take the series because julian tavarez is starting for the sox tomorrow....that spells for a big loss...and then its schilling the next game and he got spanked the last meeting between the two, so he will want redemption...

schoolisnotkool

Nice crystal ball :| i can do it too

i see red sox taking two games...

hmm i wonder who going to be right.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]I cannot stand this "rivalry", it's so overrated...:|Ngamer05

May I ask why? 

Can you read? Make sure you've read what I posted before you respond :D 

\

Yes i can and next time dont compare basektball to baseball :| :| :| :| :| :|

schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 schoolisnotkool
[QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"]

wavebrid

If I'm not mistaken, julian tavarez pitched pretty well the last time he faced the yanks in april and he might of won that start too so if you know baseball then you would guess that the yanks will have the best of him the second time around, especially when mussina is pitching.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"]

schoolisnotkool

If I'm not mistaken, julian tavarez pitched pretty well the last time he faced the yanks in april and he might of won that start too so if you know baseball then you would guess that the yanks will have the best of him the second time around, especially when mussina is pitching.

and if you know baseball ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

mussina didnt he do bad after words? yea thats what i thought yankee fan dont predict the future.

i AM POSTIVE YOU THOUGHT YANKEES WERE GOING TO WIN THAT ALCS WHEN UP 3-0 .....

yea looks like future you got sucks ass

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

Tavarez dominated! :D It's 6-2 Red Sox in the top of the 7th. Man, I can't believe I ever wanted to ship that guy to the minors... ^_^

Edit: Oh, did I say 6-2? My bad. It's now 7-2 thanks to a single by Big Papi. :D

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Robbie_IV
Well, LIKE I SAID..... Tavarez is off and on....... tonight he was on, then he was off, then he was on again. And see what happens.
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 schoolisnotkool
Well, LIKE I SAID..... Tavarez is off and on....... tonight he was on, then he was off, then he was on again. And see what happens.Robbie_IV
Very surprising considering he was pitching with a head cold. You were right though and I knew that he had the ability to pitch well but I just had a feeling it wasn't tonight because he already pitched good against the yanks so I almost knew he couldn't win tonight, I was wrong....
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 schoolisnotkool
This game only shows just how pitiful the yankees are in terms of pitching and offense, they "should" have beaten tavarez today with all of the walks. 200 million dollar payroll can't beat julian tavarez who isn't even really a starter, just a fill-in. Mussina was awful from the get-go throwing only 83-87 on the mph gun and just didn't have any stuff. The yanks domination over baseball is over...mark my words....until I get proven wrong...
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Robbie_IV

It bugged me a little that Papelbon and Okajima both allowed that many baserunners, but I guess they have to have their off nights. And all John did was walk Giambi and..... uh.... whoever else it was. Carbrera? Yeah, anyway.... everything else was a strikeout, and he looked downright nasty against Jeter.

The Sox have been doing a lot of run-scoring in the first inning lately. If they had really gotten to Mussina, then their bullpen might've had to pitch much more than the last three innings.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

This game only shows just how pitiful the yankees are in terms of pitching and offense, they "should" have beaten tavarez today with all of the walks. 200 million dollar payroll can't beat julian tavarez who isn't even really a starter, just a fill-in. Mussina was awful from the get-go throwing only 83-87 on the mph gun and just didn't have any stuff. The yanks domination over baseball is over...mark my words....until I get proven wrong...schoolisnotkool

Yea.  I'm not sure why either.  They have the talent, i guess they just can't mesh together like the Sox seem to be doing now.  Maybe Joe Torre (spl?) needs to go????? 

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
This game only shows just how pitiful the yankees are in terms of pitching and offense, they "should" have beaten tavarez today with all of the walks. 200 million dollar payroll can't beat julian tavarez who isn't even really a starter, just a fill-in. Mussina was awful from the get-go throwing only 83-87 on the mph gun and just didn't have any stuff. The yanks domination over baseball is over...mark my words....until I get proven wrong...schoolisnotkool
Those "pitiful" Yanks looked pretty good tonite spanking the big Schill ...again. Also winning 3 out of their last 4. It is funny to see people writing this team off in May, with two of their 5 starters not yet in the rotation. All of which with the exclusion of Petite, have  also had extended vacations on the DL.
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Robbie_IV

Well hey, if you wanted to judge the Yankees by a series which they won, well then I guess it would be pretty damn easy to judge them by this one.

But I don't see how you can predict victory for them in May if you can't predict defeat either. The baseball season is not a set course, and if three of four is good, then I guess 31 and 15 isn't bad either.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wavebrid

[QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"]This game only shows just how pitiful the yankees are in terms of pitching and offense, they "should" have beaten tavarez today with all of the walks. 200 million dollar payroll can't beat julian tavarez who isn't even really a starter, just a fill-in. Mussina was awful from the get-go throwing only 83-87 on the mph gun and just didn't have any stuff. The yanks domination over baseball is over...mark my words....until I get proven wrong...dru26
Those "pitiful" Yanks looked pretty good tonite spanking the big Schill ...again. Also winning 3 out of their last 4. It is funny to see people writing this team off in May, with two of their 5 starters not yet in the rotation. All of which with the exclusion of Petite, have  also had extended vacations on the DL.

again your doing the excat same thing :| and plus schilling has never pitch like he did before.

its nice see yankees crawling back but could it be too late? time will tell.

your excpceting all starters to be perfect. 100 % which is not true.

if thats the case than what happen to schilling..... :roll:

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
It is just entirely too early to write any teams off yet.