Greatest RB of all time (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

User Lists: 0

#1 timbo0827
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts
Topic
timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 timbo0827
I got to say Sweetness
RPG10080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RPG10080
Member since 2005 • 7075 Posts
I'd say Barry Sanders
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
It's Barry Sanders to me right now, but LT will be taking that crown before it's all said and done.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
It's Barry Sanders to me right now, but LT will be taking that crown before it's all said and done.Eman5805
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
Jim Brown
crazykillajoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 crazykillajoe
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts
I say Jim Brown,OJ should also be up there hes underated cause of that trial,but LT got reservations on the kings throne
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
It's between Jim Brown or Barry Sanders.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
For now, my pick is always Jim Brown.  And ckj is right, OJ deserves a mention alongside those other guys.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

My top three would be this:

Jim Brown

Bo Jackson

Barry Sanders

I know Bo got hurt and didn't play too long but the man would have broken all the records easy! The other two are amazing and I with they would have played at least a few more years! Jim Brown though, is the best running back of all time.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Barry if he wouldn't have retired he could have gone for 30,000 yards i bet cha
bdtoole05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bdtoole05
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

Emmitt.

Most rushing yards all time. Most touchdowns for any runningback all time. What else to say.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Jim Brown
shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts
Barry Sanders
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Barry Sanders
Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts
I think all the guys in the pole are pretty even, so it would be unfair of me to choose.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Why the hell does Walter Payton have more votes than Emmit Smith i mean hello Emmit Smith has more rushing yards
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

It's Barry Sanders to me right now, but LT will be taking that crown before it's all said and done.Eman5805

you could have said the same thing about terrell before he blew out his knee.  to make such a statement is being naive to the fact that injuries are a big part of football.  it's not that easy to be a RB and never get hurt in the NFL, it takes tremendous conditioning to ensure that your body can take the strain that your going to put on it.  but no-one in my eyes will ever be better then barry, he did it under worst circumstances then anyone and almost took over the rushing title in a mere 10 years in the league.  the guy averaged 1500/season at a time when 1000 yards was a big deal.  of course this is a never ending arguement, because some people will never be swayed on who they think is the best.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 eitremn

Emmitt.

Most rushing yards all time. Most touchdowns for any runningback all time. What else to say.

bdtoole05

he ran behind the greatest offensive line ever assembled, that's what else you can say.  emmitt smith was a decent RB on a GREAT team.  barry sanders could have rushed for 2000 yards every season on that friggin team.

das_beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 das_beck
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts
No Jim Brown!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you out of your mind? And as far as everyone saying B Sanders is #1 get real. He's the most entertaining but not the best. You need an RB that can fight for tough yards who runs "down hill", not a show. I'm a lifelong Detroiter too.
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
walter payton gets my vote. although if LaDanian Tomlinson keeps playing like he has been, he could be considered one of the best runningbacks of all time .
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured.
PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
Steven Finnan is the best RB of  all time.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nickdastick

Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured. SpideR_CentS

I'm sure most people that are picking Barry or someone else never have seen any Jim Brown highlights. He was amazing! He retired early like Barry and would have had a HUGE amount of yards if he kept playing. Past him, you have to give it up to Bo Jackson because he had 4.2 speed and was one of the biggest guys on the field!!! Doesn't matter he didn't get to play too long because when he did play he was amazing! You have to be crazy to think Emmitt was the best RB ever... He played a long time with a great team... you could put Bledsoe behind that line and he would make it into the Hall as a RB!!! That may be a bit much but still... Look at the #'s other guys put up with lesser teams and with quitting sooner. Just because he had a lot of yards doesn't mean he was the best. It means he played longer which was by choice.

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

Emmitt.

bdtoole05

I agree. His character, consistency, and durability are unquestioned.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured. nickdastick

I'm sure most people that are picking Barry or someone else never have seen any Jim Brown highlights. He was amazing! He retired early like Barry and would have had a HUGE amount of yards if he kept playing. Past him, you have to give it up to Bo Jackson because he had 4.2 speed and was one of the biggest guys on the field!!! Doesn't matter he didn't get to play too long because when he did play he was amazing! You have to be crazy to think Emmitt was the best RB ever... He played a long time with a great team... you could put Bledsoe behind that line and he would make it into the Hall as a RB!!! That may be a bit much but still... Look at the #'s other guys put up with lesser teams and with quitting sooner. Just because he had a lot of yards doesn't mean he was the best. It means he played longer which was by choice.

I agree, Emmit IMO isn't even second best, he just wanted the rushing record more then anyone. Guys like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, or Bo Jackson who averaged around 5.5 yards a carry would have crushed the records if they would have stayed in the league. Barry Sanders who retired at 31 with 1,000 shy of Paytons record would have greatly surpassed it but he didn't even care about the rushing record he just wanted to win and the Lions wern't winning at the time so he decided to retire early. 

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
Barry Sanders, also why is LT in here but not Jim Brown?
portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
Why is Earl Campbell not up there?
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
Emmit Smith
timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 timbo0827

Barry Sanders, also why is LT in here but not Jim Brown?jeebuscrust

people consider him the greatest and I am sure people would say how he is #1 

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 timbo0827

[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]Barry Sanders, also why is LT in here but not Jim Brown?timbo0827

people consider him the greatest and I am sure people would say how he is #1

I just see LT as the best RB right now 

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Gotta go with Barry Sanders, he had what...two season with a good offensive line and still could still gallop for over 1,000 yards in a season?  Amazing.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#35 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

It's definetly between Sweetness and Barry Sanders...

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eitremn

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured. nickdastick

you could make an arguement for Jim Brown, but Barry Sanders is right there with him.  they are the only 2 RB's on the "greatest" list to average 5 yards/carry or more.  most people had a hard time averaging 4.5 yards.  and just so you know, emmitt smith broke paytons record in his 13th year which is how many years payton played for.  and you can't consider Bo Jackson, first of all because he didn't put his all into football by choosing baseball over football first.  second of all, he got hurt and couldn't come back.  it does matter that he didn't play too long, because football is a rough sport which requires you to be able to endure a lot of punishment to your body.  you could make the same arguement for terrell, he was amazing in the amount of time that he played, but he got hurt, so he isn't considered anymore.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
Payton, no question for me.  There has never been another back like him.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured. andyboiii

I agree, Emmit IMO isn't even second best, he just wanted the rushing record more then anyone. Guys like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, or Bo Jackson who averaged around 5.5 yards a carry would have crushed the records if they would have stayed in the league. Barry Sanders who retired at 31 with 1,000 shy of Paytons record would have greatly surpassed it but he didn't even care about the rushing record he just wanted to win and the Lions wern't winning at the time so he decided to retire early. 

Totally! Sanders would have BLOWN AWAY the record before Emmitt even could get close if he would have kept playing! What sucks is that the Lions wouldn't trade him so he quit... If he was playing now-a-days he totally would have been traded but back then they actually meant it when they said they wouldn't get rid of you... Stupid Lions!!! I wanted him to play for at least 5 more years!!!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]Jim Brown should be on this poll. And I also pick him for best ever. LT has a shot at being the best even though, if he keeps it up and doesnt get injured. eitremn

you could make an arguement for Jim Brown, but Barry Sanders is right there with him.  they are the only 2 RB's on the "greatest" list to average 5 yards/carry or more.  most people had a hard time averaging 4.5 yards.  and just so you know, emmitt smith broke paytons record in his 13th year which is how many years payton played for.  and you can't consider Bo Jackson, first of all because he didn't put his all into football by choosing baseball over football first.  second of all, he got hurt and couldn't come back.  it does matter that he didn't play too long, because football is a rough sport which requires you to be able to endure a lot of punishment to your body.  you could make the same arguement for terrell, he was amazing in the amount of time that he played, but he got hurt, so he isn't considered anymore.

I totally agree that Barry is right there but I still think Bo Jackson needs to get consideration. I know you have to be durable in football but he got an injury that makes it next to impossible to return! He returned from it and then the same exact team causes the same exact injury!!! Bo can't be called injury prone because of that! Those injuries don't happen often and they happend when you get tackled a certain way! The man played two sports and was still AMAZING at football! He was as fast as any RB ever and probably about as strong as Jim Brown which is really saying something because even now Jim Brown is a HUGE guy!

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 timbo0827
it surprises me how close this is of a poll.
datniccah187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 datniccah187
Member since 2005 • 1299 Posts

I like a lot of the names on the list of all time greats.  But hands down the best RB of all time is Barry Sanders.  No one else could do the things that he could do on the field.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
barry sanders easily. he played for absolutely horrible lions teams and still put up ridiculous numbers.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Putting LDT on there is a joke.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
emmitt smith!
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

Putting LDT on there is a joke.ScoopyMcScoop

It won't be after he breaks Smith's record.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

Nobody has said OJ yet?  I know he is probably a killer but he was one of the all time great RBs.

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 timbo0827

Sweetness was good because he was not only a great Runningback but he was a great part time Quarterback.

Also Emmitt Smith played for 15 years Payton played for 13. That is why he leads in the yards 

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
Eric Dickerson or Jim Brown.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts

Nobody has said OJ yet? I know he is probably a killer but he was one of the all time great RBs.

basersx

I thought about OJ, but his image was really tarnished by the trial. He also played behind a great O Line.Â