Golden State Warriors vs Dallas Mavericks: Game 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 That-B-Guy
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
These referees should be ashamed of themselves... I'm posting this near the beginning of the 4th quarter for reference.
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Good win for the Mavs.
datniccah187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 datniccah187
Member since 2005 • 1299 Posts
Just finished watching the game.  Golden State totally lost composure there at the end.  But its all good.  Granted it would have been better for GS if they kept the game close, but they did their job.  They got one, they stole home court, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
BD's gonna be playing out of his damn mind in game 3. Bank on it.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
BD's gonna be playing out of his damn mind in game 3. Bank on it.Rhazakna
yup. well said
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts

These referees should be ashamed of themselves... I'm posting this near the beginning of the 4th quarter for reference.That-B-Guy

(Stands up and claps) Brilliant! I'm defiently not insulting you by applauding you for not noticing that Golden State lost their heads. No ref should take that kind of punishment.

That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 That-B-Guy

[QUOTE="That-B-Guy"]These referees should be ashamed of themselves... I'm posting this near the beginning of the 4th quarter for reference.Ranger_x8b

(Stands up and claps) Brilliant! I'm defiently not insulting you by applauding you for not noticing that Golden State lost their heads. No ref should take that kind of punishment.

I understand he was mocking the referees, however there were HORRIBLE calls made that did the most harm to Golden State. A couple bad calls went to Dallas, but when the ratio is 5:1 it's hard to keep your cool.

Although, if he can throw out Baron Davis for clapping what was the big deal over Tim Duncan then? It was fairly obvious that Tim Duncan was doing the exact same thing, mocking the referees while laughing.

*edit* I'm a Pacers fan.  We didn't make the playoffs and we don't have a single draft pick. 

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

The referee had won game 2 for the Mavs. De Ja Vu (Kings v Lakers Series all over again)

I was a little disapointed that the Warriors can't keep their head in the game, but I understand that the refs were against them the whole game. Every time the Warriors penetrat they get slap on the arm and no call. NBA referees are incredibly inconsistance with their call. They try to give make up call later in the game but the damage had been done. 

I'm even more dissapionted by the Mavs. They have the best record in the NBA, but they're not playing like one. Dirk doesn't look like MVP candidate. Terry had a great game, and Howard was good defensively, but others are not playing well.

I have a feeling the Warriors will trade JRich next season. They should go after KG. 

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

I have a feeling the Warriors will trade JRich next season. They should go after KG. 

chatri10

Not unless Nellie retires.  He hats big men unless they can shoot 3's and get up and down the court.

yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts
the refs are the sixth player of the Mavs
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

the refs are the sixth player of the Mavsyrag31

Priceless, coming from a Spurs fan.

Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
[QUOTE="Ranger_x8b"]

[QUOTE="That-B-Guy"]These referees should be ashamed of themselves... I'm posting this near the beginning of the 4th quarter for reference.That-B-Guy

I understand he was mocking the referees, however there were HORRIBLE calls made that did the most harm to Golden State. A couple bad calls went to Dallas, but when the ratio is 5:1 it's hard to keep your cool.

Yea... I'll admit that the refs we're calling ticky-tack fouls in the 3rd. But I can only think of one blatant no-call from that period that would have benefited the Warriors. So I dunno, I'm a biased opinion, so I can't truly comment on it without someone bringing up that I'm a Homer.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="That-B-Guy"][QUOTE="Ranger_x8b"]

[QUOTE="That-B-Guy"]These referees should be ashamed of themselves... I'm posting this near the beginning of the 4th quarter for reference.Ranger_x8b

Yea... I'll admit that the refs we're calling ticky-tack fouls in the 3rd. But I can only think of one blatant no-call from that period that would have benefited the Warriors. So I dunno, I'm a biased opinion, so I can't truly comment on it without someone bringing up that I'm a Homer.

I'll back you because i'm not a fan of either team or do i live anywhere near dallas.  The refs were calling some ticky tack fouls on the warriors that weren't called in game one, HOWEVER that didn't determine the game.  It may have been closer but they still would have lost.  The reason they lost was they shot HORRIBLY.  There overall shooting percentage was in the mid 40's which is alright but teams like the warriors need to shoot well from three to win.  Not due to dallas's defense, but just cause they missed open shots.  A team like golden state can't miss damn near 20  3-pointers and expect to beat a team like dallas, it just won't happen.  And trust me they won't shoot that bad at home, so once again dallas is going to have to take their game up another level, cause despite the score last night, that was far from a dominating performance by the mavs

That-B-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 That-B-Guy

Are you that stupid?

NBA referees are hired because they are PROFESSIONALS!!!!

So if your blaming the referees because of that call why won't you be the referee the next game?

DUMB ASS!:x

cjjosue313

Challenge the person's post not his integrity by slinging out insults.  There is no reason to insult someone just because they do not share your opinion on a subject. 

Referees are human and can lose their composure or make bad judgement calls, a la Joey Crawford, just like any other human being, so if you believe referees are 100% correct you are living in a fantasy world.

ss5rmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 ss5rmp
Member since 2005 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="yrag31"]the refs are the sixth player of the Mavs3KindgomsRandy

Priceless, coming from a Spurs fan.

lol.

ss5rmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 ss5rmp
Member since 2005 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="cjjosue313"]

Are you that stupid?

NBA referees are hired because they are PROFESSIONALS!!!!

So if your blaming the referees because of that call why won't you be the referee the next game?

DUMB ASS!:x

That-B-Guy

Challenge the person's post not his integrity by slinging out insults.  There is no reason to insult someone just because they do not share your opinion on a subject. 

Referees are human and can lose their composure or make bad judgement calls, a la Joey Crawford, just like any other human being, so if you believe referees are 100% correct you are living in a fantasy world.

professional this, professional that. many people are hired for jobs and arent professional about it (as a matter of fact im probably going to harass a customer today to prove my point and im going to keep my job). personally, the warriors have been cheated by refs in both games just because they are an 8th seed and mavs are supposed to win. warriors are not going to get respected. so in boxing terms dont let the fight be determined by the refs knock them out. shoot better, grab rebounds, guy goes to hole smack him hard and make the refs job easier.

p.s. someone should elbow harris in the face for flopping so much. make him earn a charge.